Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

am i the only one who thinks the veyron looks better than the chiron?

there is a little bit of body concealing going on here so it wont look exactly like that 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Sold. Does it have an STi version/trim?

(too bad Subaru doesn't offer that here... Only Imprezas, Legacies, Foresters, Outbacks, and XVs...)

Edit:

I don't.. I can't,,, What in the hell did i just watch?

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

omg just found some 16" NB miata rims WITH some Cooper A/S tires for $100. 4 of them. $100

PM'd the guy immediately. Hope he trusts me and the sale happens. 

$100... this will be the best luck I have ever had.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Wow. Not bad. Hopefully the rubber isn't 20 years old.

They look pretty new actually in the pictures.

Turns out he's only selling 2... i kinda got too excited and jumped the gun. But He has 4, he said the other two were scratched. I sent him another PM essentially saying how I don't care and I would be willing to take those too if he didn't mind selling them. 

If I get these for $300 it would be totally worth it... since the other two are scratched Im thinking he'll probably say $200 shipped.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I'd hope closer to $175 for all of em.

you are probably right, but I guess we will see.

Spoiler

question of the Day: MKIII Supra vs. Porsche 944 vs 2nd Gen RX-7.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

edit: I was thinking 928... ehhh that's a hard one. It'll either be the 944 or supra for me. I like RX-7's but just not as much as the others. don't really know why.

Spoiler

Tough one, all of them are interesting/pretty.

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

rx7

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

944 Turbo with the larger K26-8 turbocharger

I have driven one. And it was fan-fucking-tastic 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

this guy is funny. 

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

this guy is funny. 

-snip-

oh look, a 944 for cheapskates.

Spoiler

944 although i despise most pop up headlight cars :P

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

944 although i despise most pop up headlight cars :P

22675910023_large.jpg

There ya go

-snip-

There ya go

lol that hood scoop looks like someone just threw it on there for good measure.

Spoiler

There ya go

sorry doesn't help 

what do you guys think best sounding car imo this

lol that hood scoop looks like someone just threw it on there for good measure.

Cold air goes in it. I don't mind it xD

sorry doesn't help 

If i had photoshop i'd paste some kerosene headlights on there but i don't so i can't...

what do you guys think best sounding car imo this

Right now. This

Right now. This

sounds pretty good 

sounds pretty good 

I'd probably be dead within a week of buying one though..

All the goodness at the top of the rev range and high rev overrun :/ 

Good way to die though

I kinda want to own a 944 just so I can say I drive a Porsche.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

There is the 924 for that. Cheaper

i'd rather drive the 928, because, v8.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

There is the 924 for that. Cheaper

yeah, but less power, and about the same price, at least around here.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler