Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

34 minutes ago, techswede said:

I mean if i was building one from scratch just for me. Yeah.. LS would be good. Or maybe a 350 chevy/Windsor to fit the classical looks.

Wouldn't touch an original though. The L4 would be enough then xD 

I don't think I'd ever put an LS in one to be honest, it's something that deserves an engine more period correct.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I don't think I'd ever put an LS in one to be honest, it's something that deserves an engine more period correct.

Yeah after i posted that i decided on the Windsor. (Because a ford engine in a British chassis is usually a good match)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

4 minutes ago, techswede said:

Yeah after i posted that i decided on the Windsor. (Because a ford engine in a British chassis is usually a good match)

American V8s in old chassis' are usually good ideas. :P

These are taken from my eye level in the Saab. Time to figure out where to install a boost gauge. Don't really want to do a pillar pod or on top of the dash if I don't have to

20170207_141132.jpg

20170207_141139.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

9 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

If i ever bought a brand new sportscar i'd get winter tyres for it. Would have to drive it year-round to get my moneys worth out of it.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

7 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

These are taken from my eye level in the Saab. Time to figure out where to install a boost gauge. Don't really want to do a pillar pod or on top of the dash if I don't have to

My mom had three on the A pillar. RGB gauges too xD man it looked tacky. 

Any space on top of the steering column?

Easiest way of doing it would be this

hqdefault.jpg

8 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

You might be able to stuff it in the instrument cluster here?

20170207_141132.thumb.jpg.cc69c3420b7293139d80f2f8de263ec3.jpg

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

You might be able to stuff it in the instrument cluster here?

20170207_141132.thumb.jpg.cc69c3420b7293139d80f2f8de263ec3.jpg

That was an idea I had. That or maybe somehow in the vent to the left of the wheel? No idea quite yet

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

8 minutes ago, techswede said:

My mom had three on the A pillar. RGB gauges too xD man it looked tacky. 

Any space on top of the steering column?

Easiest way of doing it would be this

hqdefault.jpg

Maybe could do on top of the steering collumn. Don't get me wrong factory pillar gauges can look good. But it just doesn't seem fitting for a Saab

3 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

That was an idea I had. That or maybe somehow in the vent to the left of the wheel? No idea quite yet

Vent mounts totally work but then the vent is pretty useless, and I dunno about you but it's kinda nice to have warm air blowing on your hand in the winter. :P

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Vent mounts totally work but then the vent is pretty useless, and I dunno about you but it's kinda nice to have warm air blowing on your hand in the winter. :P

In the winter I usually just have front and rear defrost on, or foot heat. And ac currently doesn't work, want to make it work. But I don't use my top vents very much honestly

27 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

In the winter I usually just have front and rear defrost on, or foot heat. And ac currently doesn't work, want to make it work. But I don't use my top vents very much honestly

Sounds like a fun project.

Just found this on youtube while trying to find some funny voice recognition fails (In cars) 

The tragic thing is that voice recognition still sucks. 

Hallåj, I'm here again with some pics of my a-traktor (Both pics are taken before X-mas 2016)

14733605_319376548444977_2081343475218907136_n.jpg

15538961_1598754183473937_499157603037741056_n.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 8700k

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix z390-f

RAM: Hyperx

GPU: Asus rtx 2080 8gb OC

Case: Kolink observatory rgb 

HDD: x1 Seagate HDD x2 Hitachi HDD  

PSU: 500W something  

Monitor: x1 HP Compaq LA2205wg 22 Inch

Fan's: x4 kolink fans

Keyboard: Corsair k55 rgb 

Mouse: Trust Gxt 

Headphones: Razer Kraken 7.1 chroma Headsett

Stupid manifold plug came out while I was going down the road. Exhaust leak again, sounds like shite.

Luckily I stopped at AutoZone and picked up another one. This time I torqued that motherfucker down to like 60 ft/lbs, no way in hell is it vibrating loose now.

3 minutes ago, superfart435 ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °) said:

Hallåj, I'm here again with some pics of my a-traktor (Both pics are taken before X-mas 2016)

Although i hate being stuck behind A-tractors and Epa tractors. I do like how yours looks xD 

1 minute ago, byalexandr said:

Stupid manifold plug came out while I was going down the road. Exhaust leak again, sounds like shite.

Luckily I stopped at AutoZone and picked up another one. This time I torqued that motherfucker down to like 60 ft/lbs, no way in hell is it vibrating loose now.

Just use black loctite?

Ayyy dis place is empty, PM me some stuff i can put here, quote something some dude said or whatever (username of author/submitter will me tagged unless you dont want that)

1 minute ago, OleST said:

Just use black loctite?

Can it take the really high heat of a manifold? If so I might use it. I really don't want that plug coming it, as soon as it does my car sounds awful and stupid loud.

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

srYCrn7.jpg

Alberta isn't nearly as bad as BC. While their provincial economy is still strugging, they're still cashing in on oil money. Vancouver has exotics year round because so much chinese investment is there. 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

2 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Can it take the really high heat of a manifold? If so I might use it. I really don't want that plug coming it, as soon as it does my car sounds awful and stupid loud.

Wooops, i mean red loctite... It can hold higher temperatures

Ayyy dis place is empty, PM me some stuff i can put here, quote something some dude said or whatever (username of author/submitter will me tagged unless you dont want that)

Im back!

Had to prioritze school and work for a while, i will occasionally drop by but i wont be on here as much as before.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

@MEC-777

Also I forgot GFW still owns a 356.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

35 minutes ago, superfart435 ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °) said:

That is one sweet car.

30 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Red 271 is good up to 500F.

28 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Alberta isn't nearly as bad as BC. While their provincial economy is still strugging, they're still cashing in on oil money. Vancouver has exotics year round because so much chinese investment is there. 

Like restaurants o:

21 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

Im back!

Had to prioritze school and work for a while, i will occasionally drop by but i wont be on here as much as before.

Hi!

School is good to focus on, then you'll be able to make the money to have a garage of sweet cars. :D