Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

I find it crazy how small the average engine is on Europe. In my driveway alone combined theres 17L of displacement between 4 cars. 

Even my 2.0,which looked quite huggable to begin with, seems quite large in comparison to most engines in Europe. Still much simpler than Turbo designs though. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

29 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Even my 2.0,which looked quite huggable to begin with, seems quite large in comparison to most engines in Europe. Still much simpler than Turbo designs though. 

2 litres is about the average engine size here in the UK. Besides you dont need a big engine to have fun

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

The entire back of my car rides lower because of the blown springs. I'm hoping the lowering Springs will have the whole car sitting as low as the rear is atm. Plus you can see the rear camber due to the suspension sagging. 

20170209_161501.jpg

20170209_161510.jpg

20170209_161517.jpg

20170209_161523.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Everyone is like 2L+ masterrace ...

1.5L dci .... 105HP / 200Nm 

Thoe 50MPG all day long

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

1 hour ago, iDeFecZx said:

2 litres is about the average engine size here in the UK. Besides you dont need a big engine to have fun

No, all that's needed is gearing, reasonable weight, good tires, and a windy road (rear wheel drive is optional). Admittedly though, there was a time where I felt somewhat underpowered, but at the time, I was hauling a person to a hospital while going up a steep on ramp. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

I really want an old Datsun, I'd even be happy with an auto. Cruiser project

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/5977789213.html

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, Zodiark1593 said:

No, all that's needed is gearing, reasonable weight, good tires, and a windy road (rear wheel drive is optional). Admittedly though, there was a time where I felt somewhat underpowered, but at the time, I was hauling a person to a hospital while going up a steep on ramp. 

turbo mustard race

I honestly dig it...

I feel like I'm gonna get hate for that, but if he had a front lip, rear diffuser,wheels, and possible even canards it would look sooooo mint

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

I really want an old Datsun, I'd even be happy with an auto. Cruiser project

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/5977789213.html

and i kinda want a Civic or an Accord ... xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 minute ago, Mister2010 said:

and i kinda want a Civic or an Accord ... xD 

I'd love an old school one. I honestly would be okay with an auto project. Especially if it's something that will never be fast.

I also really want a MK3 Supra, but I know how unreliable the 7M can be.

I'd love an old school one. I honestly would be okay with an auto project. Especially if it's something that will never be fast.

I also really want a MK3 Supra, but I know how unreliable the 7M can be.

i mainly want a civic ... cause honda engines be quite tough ... and the D15 is quite economical xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 minute ago, Mister2010 said:

i mainly want a civic ... cause honda engines be quite tough ... and the D15 is quite economical xD 

For me the want for a Datsun stems from them being stupid rare around here. Would have to take a roadtrip to find a non rusted one though

For me the want for a Datsun stems from them being stupid rare around here. Would have to take a roadtrip to find a non rusted one though

for me the longest roadtrip to get a car would be like 3h to 3.5h xD 

6 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

for me the longest roadtrip to get a car would be like 3h to 3.5h xD 

I'd be willing to do a 18 hour each way tbh if the car is worth it

Imagine this up at a beach along with the OEM rear louvers. It would look soooooo nice

That's the dream man

0b56527f9df59c9cdefd474d148725fe.jpg

yeah ... how about no xD 

but i would gladly drive to the border to get a car thats worth it :D 

2 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

yeah ... how about no xD 

but i would gladly drive to the border to get a car thats worth it :D 

Huge roadtrips with friends are always fun. So especially with the added benefit of picking up a car, that would be mad

12 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

36H road trip for a car is always worth it.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

36H road trip for a car is always worth it.

I dunno, I wouldn't make a 36 Hour trip for an average car. Gotta be something my heart is in

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

That's the plan when I get the van. Might be a plane ticket down and then drive the van back. Might also drive the S10 down and tow the truckling back with the van

My great uncle does that all the time for his old project cars, buys on eBay motors, flys out, drives it back to Indiana

Mike (SmurfinWRX) just became a father. His daughter was born earlier today (Info from his personal Snapchat)

3 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

I find it crazy how small the average engine is on Europe. In my driveway alone combined theres 17L of displacement between 4 cars. 

holy hell for me combined it actually runs about 6.3L combined. so basically the equivalent of an older AMG V8 motor (maybe 2008 old)

3 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Got you beat at 240 or 260. 

u lucky. for me, none of my cars actually have even 200hp. the van has the highest with 170. but i want a newer model with the 3.0 which bumps up horsepower to 200.

26 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

I bought an AE86!

Hide contents

Screenshot_20170207-202610.png

Reveal hidden contents

I didnt buy an AE86 btw

please for the love of god tell me you didn't buy that.

23 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

i kinda do want a 260z/280z as a fun car to drive around/restomod it. or maybe a 280zx, since my dad did own one of those back in the day (sold it because it left him stranded one time) either way, it might see a twin turbo rb26 shoved in there.

16 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

The MX3 is an underrated car. Aesthetically anyway

o9Bp5cH.jpg

and the engine in there was actually quite cool too. 1.8L v6 IIRC. smallest production v6 put into a car.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

holy hell for me combined it actually runs about 6.3L combined. so basically the equivalent of an older AMG V8 motor (maybe 2008 old)

u lucky. for me, none of my cars actually have even 200hp. the van has the highest with 170. but i want a newer model with the 3.0 which bumps up horsepower to 200.

please for the love of god tell me you didn't buy that.

i kinda do want a 260z/280z as a fun car to drive around/restomod it. or maybe a 280zx, since my dad did own one of those back in the day (sold it because it left him stranded one time) either way, it might see a twin turbo rb26 shoved in there.

and the engine in there was actually quite cool too. 1.8L v6 IIRC. smallest production v6 put into a car.

I love the 280ZX JSRCars has, it's nothing special truly, just a cool car

I wouldn't want ridiculous power in one. Keep a NA Straight 6 of some nature

The MX3 is definitely an interesting car, I'd love to get some hands on time with one

6 minutes ago, terrytek said:

I didnt buy a 3000$ model car, @chaozbandit might tho....

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600