Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

4 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

O boy

Untitled.png

Haven't even got around to updating my game yet

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Funny enough my buddy Charlie just bought the same Vans I did. So I must have missed him at the Vans store by about 5 or 10 minutes

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

27 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Hopefully going to leave on the 23 or 26th of June. At some point I will need to do an oil change as well because its gonna be a 7,000 mile trip. 

@bcredeur97 did you want to swing by your neck of the woods? @AlwaysFSX as well maybe?

I'm pretty far out from all of you on this continent but I'll see what I can do, might be able to get something done by then.

19 minutes ago, techswede said:

Maybe maybe not. Sometimes they take a while to pick someone. (I'm waiting for at least someone to call back. Had a few phone interviews so far)

Check out some of these

I'm genuinely going to be sad when i can't buy them anymore. I've got a full set of different sizes and i use them for everything. 

The artline has a nicer grip for writing but the Faber-Castell's are my favorites for drawing. 

I have a Faber-Castell somewhere.

4 minutes ago, techswede said:

Never understood the fascination with Vans shoes. (And i was a skater so i saw A LOT of them) Even had a pair once and just found them impractical. 

I think Vans are pretty uncomfortable. Love my 5 year old Nikes though, they've got enough cushion in them still that I don't have any problems walking in them, and they've held up pretty well over the years.

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

The worst thing they can do is say no. So go for it^^ There are more jobs out there if they do say no

yeah, but i need to start from somewhere, since it seems like the stores i wanna work for won't hire unless i have previous experience.

5 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I loved my leather ones but they didn't hold up. I will need to get another pair of leather ones for dress up though.

i'm just hoping my new vans (i got them last month) just last longer than my white converse. lasted a year before the rubber fell right off.

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

They're comfy enough to stand in for a good bit and cheap. Look decent too.

they're actually very comfy compared to my old converse. i actually missed the feel of the vans compared to converse (if you haven't noticed, i alternate between converse and vans).

8 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I don't clean my shoes. I wash them every now and again, but not clean them and make them look 'fresh'. So white would be a bad idea. Also never really been a fan of hi-tops.

i clean my shoes maybe once every 4-5 months. and over time stains on white shoes can actually build character out of shoes.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

I'm litteraly going to do this and hit up anyone that wants to on the way. My buddy who we'll call "A" says she wants to come too so that will be fun.

USA.jpg

I'm north west corner of Indiana so if you're hitting up Detroit like it looks like that will make a bit less miles

They're comfy enough to stand in for a good bit and cheap. Look decent too.

A bit too flat for my liking. Wasn't comfy for me. (Mind you i grew up in hiking boots) 

Can agree on the cheap bit. 

Do people really look at other people's shoes?

Personally i'm too impatient to tie my shoelaces so i bought a pair of Rieker loafers

Rieker-Loafers~742967FRSC.jpg

Waterproof and real leather. Which is good because i buy shoes every blue moon so they have to last a loong time.

On the topic of shoes though. I do need to go out and get myself a good pair of clogs

monet_top.jpg

Probably mostly a swedish thing. To want clogs. They are fantastic for going out to get the mail though.

I currently go out to get the mail wearing crocs. Which is supposedly something you're not allowed to do

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

乁( ◔ ౪◔)ㄏ

I'm just planning on it being $1500 of gas and probably $800 in hotels.

My house has always had the rule that if a friend ever needed a roof over their head they could stay here. So if you wanted to that will more than likely be an option. Have a spare room and all.

But of course, you've got months until you're going to be doing the trip. Worry about the details closer to the actual time

I'm litteraly going to do this and hit up anyone that wants to on the way. My buddy who we'll call "A" says she wants to come too so that will be fun.

Oooo I could totes go to Miami and see the beach as well. Hmmmmmmmmm

USA.jpg

i see you pass through central california. if you ever come through modesto, stop by and say hi to me. or we can like meet up somewhere.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

My house has always had the rule that if a friend ever needed a roof over their head they could stay here. So if you wanted to that will more than likely be an option. Have a spare room and all.

But of course, you've got months until you're going to be doing the trip. Worry about the details closer to the actual time

Are you luring him into your house?

*Vinyldash303 dissapears*

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Apparently yes because there's people that make their shoes clean all the time. I guess it ties into the "Fast Fashion" thing which pisses me off to no end but whatever. I'm not really into fashion though. I do clothes shopping in two three places. Costco, Vans, and sometimes Cabelas. I did get some pimp cold weather gear though. so that's the aception. Its Kirkland white T Shirts, Lucky brand jeans, Puma socks, and Champion boxer briefs every day. I do have the cold weather gear, and some Carhartt stuff but, ya know. 

huh, i can tell you're not a big urban clothing fanatic. i mean i shop at stores like pacsun and tillys and zumiez and hollister, if i can afford them, and finish the outfit with calvin klein briefs and white vans. but now i wanna pick up a hoodie of the super street store. one like this. http://superstreetgarage.com/ the first one.

15 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Never had a pair, only had DCs for the most part for the last 8 years (Always bought my own shoes)

Had a couple pairs of Osiris. Decided to get some canvas shoes because I've always wanted them. Plus being a car person owning something one of my favorite actors wore on a daily basis is kinda cool too

I had a pair of DC's once too. Really comfortable for the duration of three whole hours that i had them. 

Bought them. Went home to the farm we used to own. Went into the garage and failed to notice the angle grinder my dad had on the floor next to him as he was working on his backhoe. Zzzzzzzzt. Three stitches and another trip to the store xD 

11 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I have a Faber-Castell somewhere.

Word of warning. Never bring it to work. It will get stolen. 

9 minutes ago, terrytek said:

yeah, but i need to start from somewhere, since it seems like the stores i wanna work for won't hire unless i have previous experience.

Twitter-ENTRY-LEVEL-JOB-OPENING-Hiring-r

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

12 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Oooo I could totes go to Miami and see the beach as well. Hmmmmmmmmm

That's a long way to go just to pass through here. Though you could blame terry too since he's on the return trip.

Yeah we'll go with that. ;)

10 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

乁( ◔ ౪◔)ㄏ

I'm just planning on it being $1500 of gas and probably $800 in hotels.

Hotels? Pfft, recline your seat and get a crick in your neck instead.

1 minute ago, techswede said:

Word of warning. Never bring it to work. It will get stolen. 

Haha.

Someone will loose their hand.

:|

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

We'll see what's up. Its pretty rough. Need to go to Seattle, Kirkland, Bothel, Mill Creek, going to go see the Detroit Auto Museum, Looking at seeing @RevoltTrain might meetup with @Darkman maybe, on the way there I'd like to see the Arch in St. Louis, then down to Columbus, then up to Maine to see the first sunrise, then down the east coast, to Miami, then might meetup with @bcredeur97 if he's up for it, no pressure, then across Texas to the 4 corners, through Vegas, to see the strip, no gambling just driving though to see it. Maybe watch some of the dancers in the windows for a few min. I'd like to see the Hoover Dam, then to LA, then up the coast highway, back to Oregon.

Sweet thanks man. Won't overstay the welcome though. :)

i mean i could see why you might want to take the pacific coast highway. i mean if you don't feel like stopping in central cali, then that's cool, it's not that big of a deal for me, but it would be nice if you could.

Apparently yes because there's people that make their shoes clean all the time. I guess it ties into the "Fast Fashion" thing which pisses me off to no end but whatever. I'm not really into fashion though. I do clothes shopping in two three places. Costco, Vans, and sometimes Cabelas. I did get some pimp cold weather gear though. so that's the aception. Its Kirkland white T Shirts, Lucky brand jeans, Puma socks, and Champion boxer briefs every day. I do have the cold weather gear, and some Carhartt stuff but, ya know. 

I shop at one store exclusively. (Dressmann) I'm not into fashion either. But i've got a lot of female friends who are.. So after they are done with their shopping i mostly want to die *erm* get my shopping done quickly. And Dressmann usually has comfy good looking stuff. (The previously mentioned friends drag me along to get my opinion for some reason)

Cold weather gear i'm also quite particular about. (Especially with my dickhead of a thyroid) 

Stuff that wears in i'll spend a few more minutes choosing. Like a good pair of jeans or something. 

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i mean i could see why you might want to take the pacific coast highway. i mean if you don't feel like stopping in central cali, then that's cool, it's not that big of a deal for me, but it would be nice if you could.

It's not like Modesto would be too far out to go to mileage-wise, given the rest of the trip.

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I would but

A) the seat recliner levers are broken (on litteraly every S10 ever. That's another pro for either Camaro or Cavi seat swaps)

and

B) if the seat recliner levers did work, the sub box is in the way :/ 

That wouldn't stop me at least, I've had worse sleeping conditions. :D

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Someone will loose their hand.

:|

I think i supplied most of the pens in the warehouse i worked at by accident.. They kept disappearing.. And turning up in other people's pockets.

I think i supplied most of the pens in the warehouse i worked at by accident.. They kept disappearing.. And turning up in other people's pockets.

You should've kept better track of them then. ;) I'm talking handcuff yourself to it, GPS locator, Klaxon alarms, etc.

You should've kept better track of them then. ;) I'm talking handcuff yourself to it, GPS locator, Klaxon alarms, etc.

I'd put it down at a station for a minute or two and it would be gone. Without fail.

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I told A on the way over to the east it very well might be done in 2 day stints of driving, then at the end of the first day, we'd find a nice busy truck stop, I'd go do my run, buy a shower, then get back to the truck, nap, then back on the road, at the end of the second day, find a hotel.

:o This would be the perfect opportunity to meet an old friend of mine in NC. But now that I think about it, I probably can't take the truck on a 7,000 mile road trip.

I'd put it down at a station for a minute or two and it would be gone. Without fail.

rip

10 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

It's not like Modesto would be too far out to go to mileage-wise, given the rest of the trip.

That wouldn't stop me at least, I've had worse sleeping conditions. :D

i suppose, but modesto is about 2-3 hours inland from the coast.

This is the reason as to why i shop at Dressmann

maxresdefault.jpg

$29 flannel shirts. (Sometimes there are good ones in tool stores too). And as we all know. If you want to get shit done. Wear flannel

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

i suppose, but modesto is about 2-3 hours inland from the coast.

By who's time? Cruise control 95 the entire way.

By who's time? Cruise control 95 the entire way.

yeah you'd think californians would drive fast on the freeways. wrong. factoring in traffic, it could take over 3 hours for a normally 1.5 hour trip to get inland from san jose to sacramento.

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

yeah you'd think californians would drive fast on the freeways. wrong. factoring in traffic, it could take over 3 hours for a normally 1.5 hour trip to get inland from san jose to sacramento.

See you're just not using sidewalks and emergency lanes correctly.. That's what we call El Paso style driving.