Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

@byalexandr telling you man. 20 valve swap. 

I second this

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1 hour ago, RatedBlam said:

I tend to prefer the coupes myself. 

My favourite silvia being the s13 coupe, and out of the ae86s the levin coupe or whatever the correct term is.  The one without popups. 

so TIL the silvia s12 was a thing. and damn, does it look almost identical to the ae86 coupe.

Image result for silvia s12

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

25 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

@byalexandr telling you man. 20 valve swap. 

Telling you man, money. xD

If anything I'd keep the 16V and do forged internals with a turbo.

1 hour ago, byalexandr said:

Oh damn, that's nice.

Belongs to this channel. They do all sorts of cool videos surrounding the 2 Ae86s they have (Coupe and hatch) and a S13 Hatch that they are 1JZ swapping

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

24 minutes ago, terrytek said:

so TIL the silvia s12 was a thing. and damn, does it look almost identical to the ae86 coupe.

Image result for silvia s12

I want a S12. TommyFYeah is giving one away (Coupe)

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Recorded a quick clip showcasing the "Follow Me Home" feature on the 9-5

This is just a copy paste of the description I quickly wrote up for it.

To enable this feature you must have the car turned off, driver door open and then flash your high beams. Once you shut your door your headlights will turn on for about 30 seconds. This is super handy after a long day and coming home if you don't have motion lights on your house. Just a cool little feature on these first gen Saab 9-5s

I have a crazy idea, starlet version 2 but with a supercharged 1uz V8 and all wheel drive.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

3 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

I have a crazy idea, starlet version 2 but with a supercharged 1uz V8 and all wheel drive.

i think it would be too front heavy with that big v8 in the front of such a small car. maybe something like a camry v6 in the front?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

4 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

I still really wish the guy with the 1UZ FC wouldn't have flaked on me

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

i think it would be too front heavy with that big v8 in the front of such a small car. maybe something like a camry v6 in the front?

The 1uz is aluminium though so it wouldnt be that heavy?

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

6 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

The 1uz is aluminium though so it wouldnt be that heavy?

still, why not a supercharged camry v6? all aluminum, lighter, and probably more suited for the starlet, since it can rev higher than the 1uz.

7 minutes ago, terrytek said:

still, why not a supercharged camry v6? all aluminum, lighter, and probably more suited for the starlet, since it can rev higher than the 1uz.

That is a really good point...

Or a Nissan V6 like maybe a stroked and bored vq37 with a supercharger?

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

19 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

That is a really good point...

Or a Nissan V6 like maybe a stroked and bored vq37 with a supercharger?

i say do it because it's probably got better aftermarket support, plus it's much easier to try to mount it rwd natively, since the camry v6 was only mounted transversely.

9 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i say do it because it's probably got better aftermarket support, plus it's much easier to try to mount it rwd natively, since the camry v6 was only mounted transversely.

Okay, i will begin researching this now... See you guys later.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Screenshot_20170208-174815.pngMan the cinematography in the grand tour us stunningly beautiful. 

Screenshot_20170208-174909.pngScreenshot_20170208-175427.pngScreenshot_20170208-180708.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

James is thinking about selling his Cobalt SS at some point. So I'm gonna try to score these wheels off him. They're 18s running a 215/45/18 so they'd only be .3 of an inch bigger than my 16s with the tires on them. I think they'd look super good on the Saab tbh, especially when lowered

Also he sold his Foxbody. And bought a different Foxbody that came with a spare shell with a Willwood big brake kit on it already

14925457_1445475105481058_2440059534403610894_n.jpg

Here's his new Foxbody, sold the green one to his buddy Jarrett that he shares the shop with, so it'll stay in the family

16523755_1565340190161215_700072410_o.jpg

16491582_1565341140161120_1594031499_o.jpg

16523447_1565341203494447_1533409382_o.jpg

12 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

James is thinking about selling his Cobalt SS at some point. So I'm gonna try to score these wheels off him. They're 18s running a 215/45/18 so they'd only be .3 of an inch bigger than my 16s with the tires on them. I think they'd look super good on the Saab tbh, especially when lowered

Also he sold his Foxbody. And bought a different Foxbody that came with a spare shell with a Willwood big brake kit on it already

14925457_1445475105481058_2440059534403610894_n.jpg

Here's his new Foxbody, sold the green one to his buddy Jarrett that he shares the shop with, so it'll stay in the family

first off, can you fit those wheels on the saab? like do the cobalt and the saab have the same bolt pattern?

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Well shit. I went to fill up at the only place in town to get non ethanol gas. And the attendant wasn't paying attention and what shouldn've been a 9 gallon became a 13 gallon purchace. And a 4 to 5 ish puddle of sadness landed on the ground after running down the side of my truck. ಠ_ಠ 

However the attendant gave me the owner's phone number and its sounding like I'm going to get 5 gallons refunded assuming he calls me back. If I don't hear back I'll call again tomorrow. 

image.jpeg

running down the side of the truck? oh hell naw, i wouldve wiped that shit clean off my truck before it does any damage. but that's why i wouldn't trust anyone to fill up my tank. i'd still do it myself.

5 minutes ago, terrytek said:

first off, can you fit those wheels on the saab? like do the cobalt and the saab have the same bolt pattern?

running down the side of the truck? oh hell naw, i wouldve wiped that shit clean off my truck before it does any damage. but that's why i wouldn't trust anyone to fill up my tank. i'd still do it myself.

Yep, same Center Bore and bolt pattern (5 X 110), also a 7 inch wide wheel like on the Saab

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Do it

If he wants to sell them to me I'll go for it. Not gonna buy them on eBay or anything like that though. Never see them for lower than $875. Which is crazy for used wheels. Without rubber on them. He got his from a dude parting out a Turbo Cobalt SS for $200 for the set

7 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I would but it's illegal to pump your own gas in Oregon. 

And I dumped a bottle of water down the side of my truck. And drove through a few large puddles.

how the hell is it illegal to pump your own gas? i mean i thought it would be discouraged, but that's just batshit crazy that it's illegal.

5 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Yep, same Center Bore and bolt pattern (5 X 110), also a 7 inch wide wheel like on the Saab

as long as they work without rubbing, i approve of this potential purchase.

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

how the hell is it illegal to pump your own gas? i mean i thought it would be discouraged, but that's just batshit crazy that it's illegal.

as long as they work without rubbing, i approve of this potential purchase.

Like I said, with rubber the SS wheels are only .3" bigger than my 16s with the 55 sidewall on them

11 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Helps create jobs and prevent spills. (ironic isn't it?) 

You'd think California would be all over that.

yeah, but i prefer to pump my own gas. and i don't think anybody would wanna work pumping gas for people for a living.

man, i kinda do want this. https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5967183366.html yay or nay? because it kinda defeats the whole purpose of a truck when you slam it and put performance track parts on it imo.

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Looks like stock height for those actually. There's a few of them running around my town. Cool trucks.

idk, they're really cool, since i don't see something like this every day, but if i want a truck, i want something that can offroad too.