Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Sitting here is really boring

me irl

9 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Also trip one of many..

photo_1486604577485.jpg

why the garden soil? you doing all this for a special lady?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Sitting on you is really boring?

pretty much

...wait

Just now, terrytek said:

why the garden soil? you doing all this for a special lady?

My special lady is almost two thousand miles away.

Family friend is needing her new yard done, everyone here is over quoting her so we're helping. I'm doing all the heavy work.

Currently they're in Lowe's looking at tiles for outside, so I'm sitting here watching stuff and waiting to see if I'm loading up tiles tonight. 700 lbs of rock tomorrow. Go me.

Just now, Kloaked said:

pretty much

...wait

Kinky

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Honestly I've not got much to do tonight.

Although I found out the shop teacher has alignment tools so I might be cranking the camber on the front of the S10 soon...

Hope to get 2* degrees out of it.

I've been staring at shacks. Also took a look at my front suspension, was hearing noises pulling in here, dunno if it was me or the van in front of me though.

1486605695831-713060440.jpg

9 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Honestly I've not got much to do tonight.

Although I found out the shop teacher has alignment tools so I might be cranking the camber on the front of the S10 soon...

Hope to get 2* degrees out of it.

i'm really bored. like i finished all my hw, i don't have anything to study for (other than a document based question tomorrow about the new deal, which really is more of an essay), and i already watched everything on my  youtube feed. i might just crash around on automation: the car company tycoon game. it's seriously my go to game, because you can literally fine tune everything around a car, from the engine, to the car, to how it looks, to the driving dynamics.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

5 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

honestly I might go do errands tomorrow. I've got a list.

bank and shopping.

- copper anti seize

- wiper blades

- plasti dip white/black

- blue tape

- 15mm ratchet wrench (might buy an entire metric duralast set. They're soooo nice)

- oh and pink spray paint (sway bars)

What's the dip for?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

There's a dog obedience training type thing going on in this parking lot.

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Actually you know what would be fucking amazing for getting that brake dust off? that green roluc disk thing on a die grinder.

Or copious amounts of acid.

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I'm going to attempt to do two of the wheels in white (I'm not holding my breath for it holding up though) and attempt to re clean them too ;-; and do the two hash marks on the fender.

White looks great on the wheels of the generation before, what do your wheels look like again?

Like the wheels on this. This would be my dream S10 if it was a V6. Same blue as Justins was

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

honeslty, I'm tempted to go get them hot tanked at a machine shop.

Doo eet

2 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

I would but it's illegal to pump your own gas in Oregon. 

And I dumped a bottle of water down the side of my truck. And drove through a few large puddles.

i enjoy pumping my own gas? lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I might when I have them powder coated white. Xmas list for next year is that grease gun, and an angle die grinder and a pack of green Roloc disk flap wheels and bristle disks.

Do you mean Xmas this year? :P

Holy shit I just remembered we might have a sand blaster at school...

Yo

I wish I brought money for ihop, and I wonder if it's the mustang or corvette without mufflers.

And hey look, weeb-mobile meetup.

That would be the mustang without mufflers. It also has the world's loudest blower, good god I can hear the blower whine across this parking lot at idle.

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

People watching is always fun.

Did you happen to see my response at the top of the page?