Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

RIP yeah I saw it but my mind flips through trains of thought like TV channels. UGH. But yes, white wheels look amazing to me. Plus I think brake dust will wash off of a layer of powder coating whereas with my bare aluminum wheels, it clings to it. Really hoping that insanity pressure washer will take it off so I can plastidip them.

I want a pressure washer so badly

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Truck is considerably lower with 700 lbs in the bed

#StanceNation

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

23 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Holy shit I just remembered we might have a sand blaster at school...

i actually wanna access all my school's tools and borrow whatever i don't have at home for projects, but 2 things:

1. i don't have any shop classes, so that's already a disadvantage right there.

2. i don't know the teacher who teaches shop class, nor do i know anybody in shop. so it's hard to even try to get permission to use any tools.

6 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Truck is considerably lower with 700 lbs in the bed

at least you have a vehicle that can take a 700lb payload.

6 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I want a pressure washer so badly

i just want one to wash my cars real good, plus foam up my soap for that snow like foam. i might just end up buying a cheap one from harbor freight or lowes.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

15 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Same but this one is like, actually you know what, I'll try to get a pic of it tomorrow. Its got what I think is an industrial Japanese diesel motor in it, and has about the footprint of a forklift pallet, and shoots a stream of steam and water out that will quickly erode the asphalt if you have it cranked and point it real close to the ground.

I want the same kind ChrisFix used for his Super Clean video. It would just be for car washing

13 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i actually wanna access all my school's tools and borrow whatever i don't have at home for projects, but 2 things:

1. i don't have any shop classes, so that's already a disadvantage right there.

2. i don't know the teacher who teaches shop class, nor do i know anybody in shop. so it's hard to even try to get permission to use any tools.

i just want one to wash my cars real good, plus foam up my soap for that snow like foam. i might just end up buying a cheap one from harbor freight or lowes.

That's why I want one. Car washing and cleaning the driveway

8 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Shop classes are great. After moving to my dads I want to get a decent sised one and put an autozone tachometer on it to go full @carguy86

i kinda wanna take it, but i feel like it would fuck up my class schedule next year and i won't have classes with any of my friends.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I want the same kind ChrisFix used for his Super Clean video. It would just be for car washing

That's why I want one. Car washing and cleaning the driveway

that and maybe i use that to wash the salt off my house windows because after it rains, it will leave salt deposits behind and it gets very ugly. (or is it calcium deposits? they look pretty similar).

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

that and maybe i use that to wash the salt off my house windows because after it rains, it will leave salt deposits behind and it gets very ugly. (or is it calcium deposits? they look pretty similar).

That and I need to clean the rear of my house. Some moss has grown on the back, while it doesn't effect anything. I don't like how it looks. You can see it in this video after about 35 seconds

If she doesn't do this for you is she really the one

C4MJfUkXAAEJon2.jpg

6 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

That and I need to clean the rear of my house. Some moss has grown on the back, while it doesn't effect anything. I don't like how it looks. You can see it in this video after about 35 seconds

you can't just scrape that off?

6 minutes ago, terrytek said:

you can't just scrape that off?

It's been like that for so long. House was vacant for a few years before we moved in. So you can scrape it off. But it takes forever

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Apperently my dad has one that will cut concrete and my grandparents have a hot water tap on the side of the house connected to a natural gas heater so I won't have to wait til next Wednesday to try and beat this brake dust. Which means I can plastidip my wheels before having to use the brakes!

Mmmmmmmmmmmm

I really hope it works. This brake dust is like Japan in WWII

Oh no

37 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

#StanceNation

no no no

#LevelNation

I also may or may not have ran a red light but I'm not letting ABS kick in on a 15* downhill for a yellow that disappears waay too quickly.

31 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Payload goes up to 1,100 I think, which is fantastic for doing things like this. And the only reason why I could tell there was that much weight in the bed was the ride getting cushy. It was nice. :)

I think I'm going tomorrow to go get something like 700 lbs of rock, that'll be fun loading up. :|

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

I really have to hand it to EBC though. They really know how to make a brake pad.

Performance brake pads come with performance dust.

Thankfully I don't care too much about brake dust. :D

i seriously enjoy videos like these. :D

i wonder how much time and effort it took to replicate these scenes like nearly dead on.

I don't really either but after getting two almost dust free I just want to get them clean enough to dip and hope the dust will come off with the plasti dip. I figure I'll just blast the plasti dip off with the pressure washer, then I can re plastidip them to clean them. However that being said, I don't think that will work because I don't have a car style center cap.

Damnit. Looks like no plasti dip for my wheels. Guess I'll just clean them (or try to - again and I'll just pressure wash them every now and again after getting them clean. If I can get them clean enough to only have to wash them every now and again.

Your plan should work almost flawlessly. Do you have a hub cap at all or what? I forgot what your wheels look like.

jeez, its like this guy has never looked under the hood of his truck. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5992712531.html

7.3 Liter Cummins Diesel!!

why do i even...

22 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

@RevoltTrain you wanted to know as well. The center cap doesn't clip in at all, it just sets there. I'm kicking myself too because you can buy black powder coated ones right from Ultra. These are Ultra 164s.

Well if you spray underneath the cap that should act as a way to seal it a bit so you don't have to worry about dust getting inside.

3 minutes ago, terrytek said:

jeez, its like this guy has never looked under the hood of his truck. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5992712531.html

why do i even...

Ahh the Unicorn 7.3L Cummins in a Ford. It'll getcha.

In the 550s and 650s some years you could order a Cat C7 in them.

I thought the 550's were still limited to the PowerStrokes and the 650/750 models could get the Cat?

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Best I can do is a singular Eggo

I'll takes it.

For sale: 1 slightly well done Eggo with @AlwaysFSX 's name on it. 2 dollars. High quality no bamboozle 

I'll trade you a nickel. It's shiny.