Linus's religious beliefs

AMDPRO

I was wondering if linus was aethiest or not, and if not what religion is he. This is out of curioisity and I am not trying to be judgemental.

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B350 GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb RAM: 8gb Geil EVO Potenza Case:  Phanteks p300 PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: AMD wraith spire

Steam: maxarooni4

Battle.net: MAX

If you have an Oculus HMU in dead and buried   

12 minutes ago, AMDPRO said:

I was wondering if linus was aethiest or not, and if not what religion is he. This is out of curioisity and I am not trying to be judgemental.

Unless he states, no one is going to know.

If I were to assume, he was likely raised Christian (probably some protestant sect, but possibly catholic).

With that in mind, it's really none of our business at all.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, dalekphalm said:

Unless he states, no one is going to know.

If I were to assume, he was likely raised Christian (probably some protestant sect, but possibly catholic).

Ok, I was just wondering if he's stated before in some early video.

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B350 GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb RAM: 8gb Geil EVO Potenza Case:  Phanteks p300 PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: AMD wraith spire

Steam: maxarooni4

Battle.net: MAX

If you have an Oculus HMU in dead and buried   

He believes in our Lord and Savior GabeN

4961101-4261275391-photo.jpg

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

15 minutes ago, AMDPRO said:

Ok, I was just wondering if he's stated before in some early video.

Not that I'm aware of. And frankly, giving out that kind of info on the Internet can be a mixed bag.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

56 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Actually it is our business.

Anyone in the public eye, its a search man, people wanna know.

Consider it the faceplant age, aka facebook. People takin pictures of their stools and analyzing the pics on facebook. Extreme, no different then dinner food snaps.

People want to know what brand of TP Linus buys, I hope its Charmin.

People like me and you @dalekphalm could care less.

How many religious folks do you know wear 8 earrings in their ears, and has spiky hair and wears flip flops?

I do believe however, we got a climpse of Linus' wifes family religion on the network hookup video over where ever her family is. Could assume heavily that she's still the same, trying to convert her own family to it.

Next up jewellery, no cross necklace, no crosses over doors, no religious stuff in his warehouse office.

A better look would be the old production facility, the house. Its a clear indicator TBH. To see how a person lives in their house or workplace is a very telling tale.

Just now, Canada EH said:

Anyone in the public eye, its a search man, people wanna know.

Lmao. No. It's really not our business.

You can search, but if he doesn't share that info, we have no right to it.

Thought this was going to be a joke topic but... Nope

Truth is it's none of our business for one logical reason, he can become a target for whatever reason due to his beliefs, this includes something his religion states in the media, simply due to believing in it.

Simply put should we care or ask:

latest?cb=20131202034209

I dont know and dont care, I think religion is only relevant (for other people) if it affects them in a personal matter: if linus preached that being gay is wrong because of his religion, then thats bad. Politicians in Brazil do that ALL THE TIME.

For the most part, religion only matters to you and some very close to you (or at least thats what should happen)

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

Anything related to a public eye person is the audiences business. Not mine, not yours and not the other persons because of what WE believe. But to the Linus fans who adore and worship L-man, of course its their business to know, to want to know.

2 hours ago, Canada EH said:

No, no its not. Linus' [or anyone as a matter of fact] faith affiliation has no bearing on the product LMG produces.

If Linus wanted people to know he would have made it know some time ago.

Does anyone need to know my faith affiliation because I moderate? ... nope.

Its called privacy.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

56 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Anything related to a public eye person is the audiences business. Not mine, not yours and not the other persons because of what WE believe. But to the Linus fans who adore and worship L-man, of course its their business to know, to want to know.

You're partially correct.

It's their business to want to know.

It's not their business to know. They have no rights to that.

Any information that's already out there and publicly available? Sure. But that is not the case here.

There's a reason why the community standards explicitly states that debates about politics and religion are not allowed in the forum because it's a tech forum. Anyone who wants to discuss this can do it somewhere else. But to answer the question, I don't know and I don't really care and I don't think it's helpful for Linus and his company to say what their personal beliefs are as it could hurt them financially. Besides, people are free to believe or disbelieve at any given moment as long as it doesn't spill in a deleterious way to me and other people.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

At a guess, I'd say it's 90% likely that Linus is agnostic, and simply doesn't care about religion at all (a good thing).

EDIT: I meant agnostic, not secular. Have corrected it.

hbhgtd.jpg

Originally part of the 'Heaven's Gate' cult, Linus wasn't allowed exit earth as he showed up wearing sandals. 

nike-decade-heavens-gate.jpg 

Later crediting sandals for saving his life, he dedicated his life to Jesus, who likely  wore sandals. 

j-feet.jpg

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

13 minutes ago, CDHoward said:

At a guess, I'd say it's 90% likely that Linus is agnostic, and simply doesn't care about religion at all (a good thing).

EDIT: I meant agnostic, not secular. Have corrected it.

I am henceforth, officially agnostic about Linus' believes.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Definitely a follower of the Great Green Arkleseizure 

That's an F in the profile pic

Of COURSE it matters to TRUE FANS of Linus.  If Linus regularly attends a location of religious worship that's an opportunity for TRUE FANS to sneak up behind him and cut off some of his hair for their Linus Dolls!

Geez.  Some people just don't get fandom.

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

Of COURSE it matters to TRUE FANS of Linus.  If Linus regularly attends a location of religious worship that's an opportunity for TRUE FANS to sneak up behind him and cut off some of his hair for their Linus Dolls!

Geez.  Some people just don't get fandom.

You know what terrifies me most? That despite your obvious sarcasm, there are people on this forum who I know would do that.

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

You know what terrifies me most? That despite your obvious sarcasm, there are people on this forum who I know would do that.

Agreed. I don't think we need to know personal details about Linus to that extent.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Just now, dalekphalm said:

I mean, this thread is already a clear indication that his religion is of interest to them so yeah.  Some people just like, really, really really want everything about Linus. :o

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

I mean, this thread is already a clear indication that his religion is of interest to them so yeah.  Some people just like, really, really really want everything about Linus. :o

It's almost as if some of them don't understand boundaries :P

Like the threads where people ask where Linus lives, or how much money LMG makes, etc.

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

It's almost as if some of them don't understand boundaries :P

Like the threads where people ask where Linus lives, or how much money LMG makes, etc.

Linus is on their TV like every day, in their living room.  That makes him basically your best friend, amirite?  So it's totally appropriate to sneak into the LMG offices and ask him to hang out, right?