How often do you dust your PC?

Will E Wonka

Bitfenix Prodigy is already conveniently up "in the air" due to its rubber stand things, but i just keep mine on the desk or on the drawers next to the desk. Anything to keep it off the ground, really.

Also, change the furnace air filter haha

I try to ignore until it goes away by itself.

It generally doesn't.

I even have a air purifier, but that's still not enough to get rid of dust particles. It does seems to make a difference in how much dust accumulate everywhere when it's ON, though.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

i ignore it, but since i have a black desk and black peripherals, and a window in my pc, so i clean my desk and peripherals  once a month, and my pc every three months

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

For the inside of my case, I just have positive airpressure. I'm also using a Fractal R4 which has an insane amount of dust protection.
Just cleaned it out about a week ago for the first time in 6 months and the amound of dust was miniscule.

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

air purifiers.

but the cheap ones barely makes any noticeable difference.

For starters I put my computer on my desk and try to clean it out every month or so (I clean the dust filter roughly every week). Everything else I just wipe off with a cloth when dust becomes noticeable. 

Swiffer duster for the monitors and peripherals, positive pressure and intake filters keep my PC squeaky clean.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

snip

There is something incredibly hypnotic about your Profile GIF....

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

Is I dont an option? But not true story is I hover the case fans once and month and then every year or so I strip the system down and go at the heat sinks with a paintbrush and dismantle the frames holding in my dust filters. Well if I can be bothered thats what I do anyway. Far to lazy for my own good. 

I5 4690k, EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4GB, 16GB Corsair Vengence (Blue), Seagate 3TB & Western Digital 500GB HDD's, San Disk Ultra II 120GB SSD, Novatech Gold Series 850w PSU

Removed carpet in room.

Remove fluffy, non leather upholstery

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I added dust filters to each of my computer's vents (intake/vents/those odd groups of holes that can't fit a fan) and use one of those small, portable car Tyre inflaters. Most of the dust issues are sorted, before I added the filters I was literally having to strip and dust my computer every week, or it would start melting from the dust.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Create positive pressure inside your PC case by increasing the air flow going into the case.  To clean it I just use a can of compressed air.

For other things, just wipe them down every time you notice them getting dusty.

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

Is it safe to clean your GPU and motherboard with a small and  soft painting brush ? Since canned air is expensive  here and i only have a vaccum that cant blow air ,and i dont wanna blow it with my mounth ? 

I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on a HDD!

I mean you can but it'll probably only do as much as moving the dust around not actually getting it off

Please use http://pcpartpicker.com/ for everybodones sake!

and quote me if you want me to see a reply please :)

pewpewpewphysicslazers!!!

Yes. Its just alot of work.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

I use cotton swabs for the fans.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

canned air is like 10 bucks

im from croatia and in my currency its 60 kn and that is much ( a noctua fan is around 200 kn )  

There's nothing I can really do. Even though I keep the windows closed and the doors shut, it still creates so much dust after a week or two. I probably went through 2 packs of canned air, a bottle of wood cleaner, and Lysol disinfecting wipes in only a week.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

I mean you can but it'll probably only do as much as moving the dust around not actually getting it off

i just wanna know if it is safe , i can then remove the dust 

im from croatia and in my currency its 60 kn and that is much ( a noctua fan is around 200 kn )  

It's compressed air not damn Oxigen for god's sake LOL, i feel your pain; everything is expensive here too ;)

Don't get mad, get even...

I do it with a painting brush, clean ofcoruse. But with compressed air you can do a much better job.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2