How often do you dust your PC?

Will E Wonka

Front filter when I remember. Bottom and inside 2-3 times a year. I vacuum my room almost weekly. That helps too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You pretty much have to do a monthly inspection until you find out how fast the dust accumulates.

Factors involved what the frequency of case cleaning are varied but basically boil down to:

1. How clean the environment is.

2. Case air filtration and pressures.

3. What the wife will say if you shoot the cat.

hahahaha. No wife here :)

In my area, there is very little dust, so I can easily go 6-8 months without cleaning it, and when I finally get around to it, I'll have very little dust buildup anyway. (And this is on the floor of a carpeted room)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

once or twice a month and I double filter. The heat sinks get cleaned when the look dusty every six months or so

I should probably clean mine out. Been a good while. (like 2 months) and I smoke, and the dust filter on the Air 540 isn't that great.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Mine sits on carpet... I never really dust it... Oops. Still clean inside (good front filter, apparently).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

The weight of my tower is making divots in the desk where the feet are.

This is a little ghetto, but get some furniture slides or cut some plexiglass to put under the feet. Is it a low quality top or has it been previously damaged (e.g. water soaking into wood)? I have put several hundred pounds on various desk I've had and haven't ever done anything, other than scratch them up because I'd drag things and drop tools.

G²

Mine sits on the wood base of my desk, on the floor basically, but not on carpet. I just cleaned my build for the first time since building it (February) and it still didn't have much dust at all.

All my intakes are filtered though. God bless this R5. Usually just run the filters under some water and let them dry, no harm done.

For cleaning, I usually use canned air and a vacuum cleaner. Mind you, vacuum cleaner never touches components directly or even goes inside the case, it's just for sucking up whatever the canned air blows out, because I don't want that PC dust going on my carpet.

If you're super worries about dust, pick up a few things like some canned air, magnetic dust filters (for intake fans), and maybe even some port covers if you think they're necessary. I have every port I don't use covered up, including PCIe.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

I clean it once a year, when it's making a strange noise and when I'm getting BSOD's every few hours.

my pc isnt filtered. hasnt been cleaned in months. last time I opened it, it was spotless though. the case fans are on for probably only a few hours a month. and even then, about 500rpm

I can't actually keep anything electronic clean here. The complex ownership refused to clean the ventilation system. To keep it decent, I'd need to clean it at least once a week. I currently don't filter anything. Now, I just don't care because I'm going to build something, in a few months, which I actually want to own; rather than what's under my desk.

My new build will be going into a custom built desk which will have a custom soundproof and filtered cabinet for my tower.

G²

I leave it until i notice it in my side panel window. Then I ignore it (the H-440 doesn't seem to get too dusty though)

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

top tip have a clean room 

i took all the dust filters out of my computer for better airflow and haven't dusted it in about 2 months and it still looks good as new in there 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

Dust filter and bi-monthly blowing it with compressed air over at the garage.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

I have had my Scrub Dell computer for almost 2 years now..... No dust filters..... Haven't dusted it once. And I always thought that my temps were bad because I only had one case fan and one GPU fan.

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

every two months....

Why did the console player cross the road?......To render the building on the other side.

The perfect system is one with no users.

• 2 weeks later...

every mayor upgrade. if i have to turn it off and unplugged from the wall i clean it. (24/7 on downloading/working/testing/bleh.). 

Every week, after sweeping my room. I never turn off my PC so when I broom the floor, the intake filters get morbidly dusty.

Current rig: CPU: i5 4460; MoBo: Asrock H81m-VG4 r2.0; GPU: Zotac GTX 960 Metal Gear Solid; RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 8GB: PSU: Cooler Master VS 500; Case: Cooler Master N200 Window; Heatsink: Cooler Master Hyper 212x; 

it varies from once every 2 weeks to once every 3 months depending on how much i care at that particular time

RIG:FX-6300@4.5GHz 1.4V with Hyper 212 evo with LTT NF-F12:MSI Overclockers R7 260X:4x4B Crucial Ballistix Sport:GA-970A-UD3P:1TB Seagate Brracuda & 120GB Crucial M500(OS and Programs)&Sandisk SSD PLUS(Games) In a Bitfenix Comrade with an NF-F12 as exhaust and OEM case fan as front intake

''time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time''