How often do you dust your PC?

Will E Wonka

I bought this air mattress pump at the hardware store for 10 dollars, then removed the inside/end-cap from a bic pen and used it as a nozzle. the air pressure that comes out of the nozzle is easily 10 times more powerful then canned air. that canned stuff is a rip-off.

gallery_62868_1880_5407.jpg

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

For those with carpets, consider investing in a carpet cleaner.

Even if you hoover every day, the dust still builds up over time. It makes a massive difference if you just go over your room every couple of months.

I do it with a painting brush, clean ofcoruse. But with compressed air you can do a much better job.

and its safe right ? 

I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on a HDD!

im from croatia and in my currency its 60 kn and that is much ( a noctua fan is around 200 kn )

Yeah, what he said. 60kn is 9.98$ USD.

I bought this air mattress pump at the hardware store for 10 dollars, then removed the inside/end-cap from a bic pen and used it as a nozzle. the air pressure that comes out of the nozzle is easily 10 times more powerful then canned air. that canned stuff is a rip-off.

-snip

I have one of those pumps... Great idea! I shall go create my dustinator right away. 

Filtered air and never leave the window open. A proper datacenter is dust free, you can lick a computers insides and nothing, not that you should do that but you get the picture.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

i just wanna know if it is safe , i can then remove the dust 

yeah its safe just make sure you touch the brush to metal first to make sure there is no static electricity in it

Please use http://pcpartpicker.com/ for everybodones sake!

and quote me if you want me to see a reply please :)

pewpewpewphysicslazers!!!

I don't. I really need to start though.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

for the PC itself you just have to get a case with a nice filter in the front and create a positive pressure. That way no dust (atleast no vast quantities) will get into the PC.

For the rest, just keep your house clean.

gallery_62868_1880_5407.jpg

That would work better than my current method, I need to use a car battery for it.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

For those with carpets, consider investing in a carpet cleaner.

Even if you hoover every day, the dust still builds up over time. It makes a massive difference if you just go over your room every couple of months.

if you're referring to my picture, that carpet is at work in the office where muddy boots have been stomping on for years. I think it's held up well.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

if you're referring to my picture, that carpet is at work in the office where muddy boots have been stomping on for years. I think it's held up well.

I was talking to anybody with carpets in their rooms, hence why I used, "For those with carpets."

I use it.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

I was talking to anybody with carpets in their rooms, hence why I used, "For those with carpets."

ahh, just coincidence (an obscure one at that considering its off topic) that it was after my post. cool beans. 

I burn the house down every year or so, dust is no match for an inferno  :D

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Inside my PC?

I have filters on every intake and have my fans configured for positive pressure.

Outside of my PC / on my monitor and peripherals?

My desk is glass and my hardware on it is all black.

I don't even try.

It looks dirty seconds after cleaning.

I bought a mini air compressor a few years ago, does it's job well. Fck air cans.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Monitor/Laptop screen: microfibre cloth; if it's more dirty I wet the cloth a bit. Works nicely.

Keyboard: removing key caps, spray it out with air spray, remove any dirt with microfibre cloth (wet with antiseptic), bath the keys, let them dry.

Mouse: antiseptic.

Case/rig: every 3-4 month with an air compressor and vacuum cleaner, if necessary wiping the fans off.

For edges you don't reach or fans use q-tips.

“For if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well.” 
― Barack Obama

Tech:

Daily Driver: MacBook Pro 15" TB (mid-2018), Intel Core i7-8850H, 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz, 512 GB SSD, AMD Radeon Pro 560XWeight lifting: Dell Alienware 15 R4, Intel Core i7-8750H, 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz SK Hynix, Nvidia GTX 1070 on 15" 1080p TN Gsync 120Hz, Intel Pro 7600p PCIe NVMe 256 GB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 15" 1920x1080 TN Gsync 120Hz, Windows 10 Pro, Fedora 30, K.L, P.OS. The Home Panel: Samsung C34H892, 34" Ultra Wide 3440x1440p, VA, 60Hz.

Tumblr - Riot-Company, CA

• 1 month later...

So I've had my PC for a year now and I seriously need to clean it. I don't have a garage or anything, also it's cold and wet outside because winter. So where do you think I should do this? Also if this thread is in the wrong place let me know so that I can know in the future.

So I've had my PC for a year now and I seriously need to clean it. I don't have a garage or anything, also it's cold and wet outside because winter. So where do you think I should do this? Also if this thread is in the wrong place let me know so that I can know in the future.

maybe in a room with a wood/tiled floor so its easy to sweep up

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I'm gonna do it in my shower/bathroom, just wanted to know what this amazing community thinks.