How often do you dust your PC?

Will E Wonka

By daily I meant by ever 1-2 months lol. This buldup happened in less than a year and no I do not have any pets in my home and its on wood floors

Try to place it a bit higher.

well the cpu fan was installed little less than a year

AAARGH WHAT. LESS THAN A YEAR FOR THAT MUCH DUST!

*dies*

Its been 6 months with my pc and no dust... wtf how

Maybe OP's case doesn't have dust filters and yours does?

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

Maybe OP's case doesn't have dust filters and yours does?

No dust filters on mine

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Try to place it a bit higher.

Yea I will probably do this because the psu filter on the bottom was also hell

Its been 6 months with my pc and no dust... wtf how

god knows, my house is very clean and cleaned on a daily basis, this room is cleaned less than the others but there still shouldnt be this much dust

god knows, my house is very clean and cleaned on a daily basis, this room is cleaned less than the others but there still shouldnt be this much dust

The amount of dust OP has is crazy and my house is cleaned daily to

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

I do the filters on my Carbide 240 once a month roughly.

How many fan intakes do you have? Shoot for positive pressure.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

How many fan intakes do you have? Shoot for positive pressure.

one fan in the front that pushes air in through the case and one exhaust in the back, including the evo 212 fan also

Add a third fan to push air in the case. My Carbide 240 is setup that way. Get a lot of dust build up on the filters but not much internally, which is nice. You don't get dust clogging up the USB and other I/O, that way.

You don't have to clean it out daily, but in reality its just depending of where you live. I barely get any dust in my PC but theirs still some laying around as I just looked down at my keyboard. :/ I would grab a fan that filters out the dust. I'm thinking of grabbing one but there 500$ :( 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I find myself dusting off my recently built pc daily if not more than a few times a day. I guess I'm just overly cautious about it. I was wondering what were some of your guys dusting rituals to say, or what do you use to dust your pc off with. 

Also how often should someone clean the inside of there PC? I just want to protect my investment, but not overdue it to the point where I'm cleaning it more than enjoying it.

Thanks for reading everyone.

I've only cleaned my fan filters like 3 times in the past like 9 months, as for everything inside my case, I don't really get much dust buildup in there.

(PC is on my desk, though my cat still likes to "help" clog the filters..)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Hi everyone. I find myself dusting off my recently built pc daily if not more than a few times a day. I guess I'm just overly cautious about it. I was wondering what were some of your guys dusting rituals to say, or what do you use to dust your pc off with. 

Also how often should someone clean the inside of there PC? I just want to protect my investment, but not overdue it to the point where I'm cleaning it more than enjoying it.

Thanks for reading everyone.

I clean my house every week, so I clean my case's filters once a week (or maybe 2 times), complete cleaning (push dust off gpu cooler, cpu cooler, other parts) every 2 month. No need to do it more often, because u can break something, but it's good to keep everything clean, especially if u wanna sell old parts later.

when i had it on the floor it was about once every 2 months, but since moving it to my desk and changing to a case with dust filters very rarely. 

I clean my house every week, so I clean my case's filters once a week (or maybe 2 times), complete cleaning (push dust off gpu cooler, cpu cooler, other parts) every 2 month. No need to do it more often, because u can break something, but it's good to keep everything clean, especially if u wanna sell old parts later.

okay. I just worry because my room get pretty warm during the summer almost 80degrees. So I have a fan in my room cooling it down most of the time.

I have my computer on my desk and it doesn't really collect much dust.

Although the computer will probably collapse the desk soon so I'm screwed when that happens.

The weight of my tower is making divots in the desk where the feet are.

I have my computer on my desk and it doesn't really collect much dust.

Although the computer will probably collapse the desk soon so I'm screwed when that happens.

The weight of my tower is making divots in the desk where the feet are.

DAMN!!! 

I've only cleaned my fan filters like 3 times in the past like 9 months, as for everything inside my case, I don't really get much dust buildup in there.

(PC is on my desk, though my cat still likes to "help" clog the filters..)

I know what you are talking about, I have two syberian cats at home. Once when I pulled out dust filter I thought that I could make another cat from that amount of fur :D

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

I know what you are talking about, I have two syberian cats at home. Once when I pulled out dust filter I thought that I could make another cat from that amount of fur :D

I too have a cat that likes to lay on my desk while I'm at work.

DAMN!!! 

I've tried to place my pc on the desk, so I had to buy another desk.

Even by having a clean - super clean home and using dust filters, you can't stop dust and because you spent a good deal of your hard earned cash on it you tend to be overprotective and i think we all go through that.

I do a full clean when i clean my loop, which is ever 6-8 months and every i just take out the filters and wash then and just put them back. Now i can do that because i keep a clean home, i don't smoke, use body powder or have in house pets, which are all major contributors to mega dust build up.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

You pretty much have to do a monthly inspection until you find out how fast the dust accumulates.

Factors involved what the frequency of case cleaning are varied but basically boil down to:

1. How clean the environment is.

2. Case air filtration and pressures.

3. What the wife will say if you shoot the cat.

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."