Nvidia Announces Titan V (Volta!)

Max_Settings
16 minutes ago, xBlizzDevious said:

Ah, that's much more like it and much more what I was expecting. Still, that means that the XP/1080Ti are near double the performance of the 980Ti. Impressive!

I'll still be waiting at least until 1180Ti before considering upgrading but we'll see.

Whereas I've been out of gaming so long I'm thinking just grab the Ice Lake 8C APU or the Raven Ridge successor and getting out of the dGPU game. I'm hoping either Intel or AMD provides an HBM2/3 APU part for desktop, even though it's kinda niche.

So it cant play games?

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

6 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

So it cant play games?

It can play games, it just won't be much better than the best available in the Pascal line-up.  And it'll cost a mere $3000 for that.

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

Just now, jasonvp said:

It can play games, it just won't be much better than the best available in the Pascal line-up.  And it'll cost a mere $3000 for that.

7 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

So it cant play games?

It will be faster than the Titan Xp though

Unless you just have to have the fastest, latest and greatest thing. This card really is not a logical choice for anyone wanting to just game, Puget Systems have said it isn't even a logical choice for editing or any graphical use at all. 

It has been built for one purpose and one purpose only. Artificial intelligence and deep learning. 

110 Teraflops of power. That's insane... holy crap baskets.

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

10 minutes ago, Brehohn said:

110 Teraflops of power. That's insane... holy crap baskets.

2 less then the tesla equivalent with which it shares most specs. 

4 hours ago, jasonvp said:

As others have mentioned, I suspect they'll still do a GTX Titan Xv (or X*) for the gamer market.  Its not like NVidia to come up with confusing naming, right? ...

I'm expecting Nvidia to really mess with people's heads, and release a Titan Vx.

Just now, Jito463 said:

I'm expecting Nvidia to really mess with people's heads, and release a Titan Vx.

There will be the V, the X(V), the Xv, the Vx, the 5-10, the 10-5, and the stately VBlackZXTi.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

9 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

There will be the V, the X(V), the Xv, the Vx, the 5-10, the 10-5, and the stately VBlackZXTi.

Personally I'm waiting for the ZX11 Mk2.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

39 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Personally I'm waiting for the ZX11 Mk2.

You forgot the + on the end.

Um, guys?

There’s a reason why it’s no longer called a “GeForce GTX TITAN”. 

There’s also another reason why there are no Volta-based Quadro GPUs

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Its V for "Very Expensive, shut up you know you want 2" 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

33 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Its V for "Very Expensive, shut up you know you want 2" 

You can’t have 2 though.

Sure, you can get two but you can’t use 2 at the same time.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Just now, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

you can’t use 2 at the same time.

Maybe YOU can't, but not all software requires SLI/NVLink/Crossfire to use multiple GPUs.

Also, kernal virtual machines....

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 hours ago, Bit_Guardian said:

You forgot the + on the end.

The new features on the + model are a bit buggy for my liking.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

34 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

You can’t have 2 though.

Sure, you can get two but you can’t use 2 at the same time.

You absolutely can use 2 at the same time.  You just can't make use of NVLink or SLI to do so.  Most video editing software, for instance, doesn't like SLI (or any other "link") and would rather see individual GPUs.  Two Titan V cards would work just fine in Premiere Pro, and might even crush it with all those CUDA cores.  That's be over 10K cores!

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

1 minute ago, HimymCZe said:

dunno if anyone posted this: https://www.techpowerup.com/239519/titan-v-sli-the-bridge-is-gonna-cost-you-usd-600-up-to-usd-7-196-for-2-way-sli

but there suppose to be $600-$1200 NVLink cable...

I apologise if you already know but as stated in your linked article. Nvidia is not offering SLI or NV link on this card. 

35 minutes ago, jasonvp said:

You absolutely can use 2 at the same time.  You just can't make use of NVLink or SLI to do so.  Most video editing software, for instance, doesn't like SLI (or any other "link") and would rather see individual GPUs.  Two Titan V cards would work just fine in Premiere Pro, and might even crush it with all those CUDA cores.  That's be over 10K cores!

Ah yes. Some programs can use multiple GPUs over 2 PCI-e slots.

Just that programs that rely on these 2 communicating with each other will not work in a dual GPU method.

2 hours ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Just going to leave these here. Some benchmarks if someone wants to make an article, have at it.

WCCF tech.. I know salt is to be applied

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-titan-v-volta-gaming-benchmarks/

Here is a GURU3D as well.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-titan-v-graphics-card-benchmarks.html

Nobody has said the card will suck at gaming, its just that nvidia never intended it to be one and the only people who want it to be the worlds most amazing gaming card are gamers. 

Its that whole sledgehammer to open a walnut scenario, sure it works but was never the intended use of the sledge hammer. 

I am sure gamers will buy it and I bet you they will want to SLI it and all that and then I am sure they will complain to nvidia that they left off SLI. 

Nvidia will say "It was never meant for gamers" which is a true statement, and then gamers will just complain and say its all nvidias fault. 

3 hours ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Just going to leave these here. Some benchmarks if someone wants to make an article, have at it.

WCCF tech.. I know salt is to be applied

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-titan-v-volta-gaming-benchmarks/

The results blow away anything that has been done before. At stock, the card pumps out a GPU score of 32,774 points and when overclocked, the card delivers almost 36,000 points. A stock Titan Xp which uses the full Pascal GPU configuration has a graphics score of 28,000 points while the GTX 1080 Ti ends up with a graphics score around 28,300 points. So yeah, the card was faster in stock to stock comparisons and is just a whole another level when overclocked.

The Titan V has ~12% more FP32 performance and performs ~15% faster, so surprising :P.  The OC results show a lot of promise, ~22% from this source and I'm sure there is going to be people that will be able to push it much better than that.