Nvidia Announces Titan V (Volta!)

Max_Settings

Nvidia posted this on their Instagram Story. Only thing I can find about it. Will update when new information comes out. (I'm assuming Titan V means Titan Volta)

5a2a04c982a51_TitanV.png.e706f86c4d2c96701d1d7dadbcbcbdb4.png

titan-v-stylized-photography-6.jpg.a2aa9e97ba99844ba17a9e9832ea3a7c.jpg

Edit 1: Yes it is Volta! Pricing has also been announced. $3,000

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/titan/titan-v/?nvid=nv-int-tnvptlh-29191

Edit 2:

There is a new gold shroud. Actually don't like it.

Here's the source and quote 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/patrickmoorhead/2017/12/07/nvidia-introduces-titan-v-for-machine-learning-acceleration-on-the-pc/#590d65794a34

TITAN V is targeted at machine learning scientists who want to conveniently buy the card and install it into their desktop PC. This means the researcher doesn’t need a special server, storage or networking. Machine learning workloads favor heavy-duty matrix math operations which require massive memory bandwidth and this is what TITAN V delivers.

Driven by Volta architecture

Driven by NVIDIA’s latest GPU architecture, Volta, NVIDIA says the TITAN V’s 21.1 billion transistors are capable of delivering 110 teraflops of performance (for reference, that’s 9x times the deep learning computing horsepower of its predecessor). This immense amount of performance makes the TITAN V ideally suited users looking to explore computational processing for scientific simulation and other deep learning/AI applications on their desktop PCs. This is different from Tesla that is targeted at server systems and deep learning appliances like the DGX Station.

In addition to the muscle, the Titan V is also highly energy efficient. Its Volta architecture underwent a serious revamping of the SM processor design at the core of the GPU, which should providetwice the  energy of efficiencyPascal. This allows for major boosts in FP32 and FP64 performance, within the same power envelope.

The Titan V also sports the same new Tensor Cores that are in Tesla GPUs which are geared specifically towards deep learning purposes. NVIDIA also says the Volta architecture is more efficient at HPC, thanks to its independent parallel integer and floating-point data paths.

TITAN V also appears to deliver significant memory improvements. NVIDIA says the TITAN V is fabricated on groundbreaking TSMC 12 nm FFN (FinFET NVIDIA) high-performance manufacturing process, and takes full advantage of Volta’s 12GB HBM2 memory subsystem. By combining the new memory controller with this HBM2 memory, TITAN V can guarantee 1.2 times delivered memory bandwidth, along with as much as 95% memory bandwidth utilization while running multiple workloads. Not bad at all.

TITAN V is designed for researchers

NVIDIA has done a great job making TITAN synonymous with the ultimate GPU for your PC. This includes gaming, content creation, deep learnings, and more. And while TITAN V will do gaming just fine, in fact it’s the world’s fastest gaming GPU, it was designed first for machine learning training and inference, not for gaming. This means, Titan V’s transistor and memory subsystem improvements favor machine learning.

While some in the industry will love to bellyache about this decision and maybe even snipe about TITAN V gaming price-performance, just don’t. TITAN V (and Volta) is NOT the gaming-optimized follow-on to Pascal.

Wrapping up

All in all, the TITAN V appears to be a powerful, capable new offering from NVIDIA, great for simple entry into desktop-based machine learning training and inference. NVIDIA’s CEO and co-founder, Jensen Huang, is “putting Volta into the hands of researchers and scientists all over the world”.  I couldn’t have said it any better. Some in the media will weigh in on TITAN V in gaming workloads, but that’s completely missing the point.

oh boy

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Can't wait for the Titan Vp to come out next year.

If this was showcased at nips I bet it would be at least 10k

(thank god the rockets only go up to 4 othwerwise google would be really confused)

My life

1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

I was looking forward to seeing a Zp, now it looks like Zvp

oh here we go...

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Will it conveniently use words starting with "v" only upon launch only to never do it again? 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

well... at least it's not another Titan XP/Xp/X(Pascal) again.

*5 months later*

*GTX 1180Ti announced, exact same performance as Titan V*

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, herman mcpootis said:

*5 months later*

I'm going to assume this is the first Volta GPU.

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

GTX 1180Ti announced, exact same performance as Titan V

Inb4 the Ti is more powerful than the Titan 5.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

23 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

They'll have to give one to Mike Pence

Titan Vip

25 minutes ago, Himommies said:

If this was showcased at nips I bet it would be at least 10k

(thank god the rockets only go up to 4 othwerwise google would be really confused)

$3,000

30 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I was thinking more Vip.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

Rip my wallet once the 1180 and 1180ti are released

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

Dang that price, but for the targeted audience (Researchers right... right?) and the performance uplifts, its actual priced well... with all of that in mind, the conclusion is LTT video builds and more overpriced builds on the forum.

1 hour ago, herman mcpootis said:

*5 months later*

At the $3000 price of this card if a 1180ti comes out in 5 months it will cost around $2000

god at these prices someone please save us from a GPU trend like what Intel has done from the 2xxx to 7xxx. I dont want to see slow improvements with these crazy priced halo cards.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

NVLink!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list