CD Projekt Red tell PC Gamer: "Cyberpunk 2077 will have online elements to ensure its long term success"

Master Disaster

Get ready for the future of gaming everyone. Microtransactions and loot boxes in everything to give the user a "more streamlined experience".

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

I hate this pay to win shit. Just raise the MSRP to $70 or $80 for games. Games have been $60 for more than a decade and factoring in inflation, at $60 they're pretty cheap especially for the quality you're getting. 

4 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I hate this pay to win shit. Just raise the MSRP to $70 or $80 for games. Games have been $60 for more than a decade and factoring in inflation, at $60 they're pretty cheap especially for the quality you're getting. 

Shhhh, the price is already too high for some of them.

Guys this is from the same company that doesn't believe in DRM. I'd like to hope and believe that this only means an aspect of online multiplayer. Maybe the ability to play with other people like The Division or Destiny?

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

While I agree for EA and other AAA publishers and devs, CDPR is the one company that used to be pointed out as the exception and the way to do things instead so the fact that they're folding to me is 1000x more alarming sign of the state of this industry as EA just doing EA things, Ubi doing Ubi things, etc.

TL;DR - If even the indie players are going this route, we are truly and thoroughly fucked.

There's a few videos on YouTube that claim in the Interview they directly state the term "Game as a service" however I can't find anything to back this up so I didn't bother including it.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 hours ago, Taja said:

Either you are radical, or you are exagerating, or you simply just dont lime games anymore.

The witcher 3 was one of the games that was worth MORE than its full price, divinity original sin 2 is also a game worth way more than what it was sold... And im sure that are many more that I forgot or just dont know. And im not talking only about game quality, but also the mindset of the company.

And even games that are from "sold out" companies can be amazing. I really like fallout 4 even with its flaws, and if I were to not play because of ideolgy I would lose 250h of having a good time.

Maybe you just dont like games anymore, it happens, life changes. But dont blame it on the industry, because there is still MANY excellent games out there, just like there are many bad ones. 

Like music, people always like the past and criticize the present, and every generation EVER does the same thing.

I'm no gaming radical or gaming purest. I've been gamer since the Atari 2600 and remember the gaming crash of 1983. I believe in progress not regression and nothing in the past few years has me enthusiastic about the direction of games. The witcher 3 is an awesome game. However I didnt pay full retail for it and have yet to play it to completion. I enjoy fallout 4 as well, but it was a buggy mess on release. Why would I pay full retail. Original Sin pace is to slow for my liking. Not saying these are not good games. They just dont excite me as a gamer. My last FPS was Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and I was so pissed at that game I deleted it from my steam account. I wasted 60 bucks on that POS and it changed my buying habits. 

I want innovation in games not throw back to 8 bit graphics. I dont want the usually rinse and repeat of the current game cycle. I want games with robust economies, meaningful crafting system that test ones knowledge, and gaming AI that changes the game environment based on decisions and game play. Not decision trees that are passed off game AI. I expect more and demand more if gaming publishers want my money. Not this low hanging fruit game design of today. If I get left behind so what, I wont be missing anything. 

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

3 hours ago, Taja said:

The witcher 3 was one of the games that was worth MORE than its full price

Yeah full price was $90 for game plus DLC, but that was a bargain for that game.

Just now, Biggerisbetter said:

I want innovation in games not throw back to 8 bit graphics. I dont want the usually rinse and repeat of the current game cycle. I want games with robust economies, meaningful crafting system that test ones knowledge, and gaming AI that changes the game environment based on decisions and game play. Not decision trees that are passed off game AI. I expect more and demand more if gaming publishers want my money. Not this low hanging fruit game design of today. If I get left behind so what, I wont be missing anything. 

I agree with you, I was criticizing what you said about no game in the last 5 years being worth the full price. Because there are at least hundreda that are, you just dont know them or are not interested anymore.

One of my favorite games was Super Mario Sunshine. I played it when I was young, and it has a special spot in my heart. However, if I tried to play nowadays, I would get bored and frankly would give up, but that is not the games fault, it is I that have changed.

Thats what Im saying: the game industry is going foward, even if a lot of games are stagnated. Original sin 2 is an example of game you can do stuff that even the devs would never think of.

Tw3 was a beautiful piece of art.

Life is Strange blew my mind, and I never tought I would like this style of game.

I can talk about lots of games that were relevant or even life changing, but thats personal, some people can cry seing a painting, other like me just doesnt care.

My bottom line is: the industry is not bad. I dont hate the movie industry just because they are remaking everything or making 999 starwars sequels, because there are still movies that make me think, cry or laugh. Whats changing is your perception, I dont doubt that you are just starting to lose interest in this form of entertainement.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

Dear Game Publishers and Investors,

Can we please stop with this "Games As a Service" shit please?

Thank you -_-.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now, we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out. 

I don't think they want microtransations. They sound like they want a co-op or multiplayer element to get more sales as they don't think TW3 sold as well as other games can sell. However what I'm worried about is they might water down the game for the normies cause that's also a way to increase sales.

Actually as he's talking about turning a game into a service I'm getting pretty worried they might want to include microtransations in gwent...

If we could just convince people to use old school loot boxes aka console commands and cheat codes that would be great. :)

10 hours ago, crystal6tak said:

wth, why is everyone immediately jumping to conclusion they'e adding micro-transactions?

There's a LOT of things "online elements" can mean, including the one mentioned in the article "seamless multiplayer"

What have you done EA, you've made blind multiplayer hating sheeps =/

Or people just being cautious since almost every AAA multiplayer lately is revolving around the loot box system, EA is just the most apparent one.

CD Project Red has always been consumer friendly, I don't think they want to fuck it up.

16 hours ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

What matters is if the majority of people buy it. And the sad truth is the majority have decided that micro transactions are what they want in games.

That's not how it happens at all. The vast majority of players don't pay micro transactions. The minority that do, aka the whales, outspend the rest by magnitude higher. For example we have scary statistics like "0.15% Mobile Gamers Bring In 50% Of The Revenue". Micro transactions literally prey on people with problems and/or too much money on their hands and (in many cases) ruin the experience for the majority of players who doesn't pay.

Look up "whales of gaming" on google and you will see some disturbing articles detailing the practice of gaming industry.

1 hour ago, Bouzoo said:

Game saved...

hopefully... for now...

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I like how everyone instantly assumed EA levels of microtransactions.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Imagine what could be accomplished if people cared about real issues like they care about micro transactions (it's almost as if someone is trying to piss all over EA by using bots or EA is doing this).

The poles keep their game development strategy very secret. When the westerners ask for an interview it usually gets this far:

4 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

I like how everyone instantly assumed EA levels of microtransactions.

i doubt anyone can top that level of retardedness tbf

13 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

i doubt anyone can top that level of retardedness tbf

I can see Activision or Ubisoft saying "hold my beer."

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Just now, DeadEyePsycho said:

I can see Activision or Ubisoft saying "hold my beer."

oh yeah, just wait until CoD bring out their cod points shit, that'll be a fun dumpster fire to watch :D

1 hour ago, SC2Mitch said:

oh yeah, just wait until CoD bring out their cod points shit, that'll be a fun dumpster fire to watch :D

You mean the microtransactions they brought into BLOPS3 and Infinite Warfare half way though their life cycles? AW just sold crates outright, but at least they had no repeats on paid crates and chances of good shit was boosted.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.