End Of The Line For AMD FX Processors. (UPDATE)

UPDATE : Steve Burke of gamersnexus followed up with AMD on this leaked roadmap slide which sparked a lot of controversy.
He contacted James Prior, AMD's public relations manager for APUs & CPUs and he had the following to say :

I've never seen that slide before, I don't know where that came from.

He then went to point out that it's quite rare to see more than a year into the future with roadmaps and that the actual roadmap looks like this :

The only difference being that this roadmap only covers up to 2014 and not after.
amd-desktop-roadmap.jpg

AMD's official statement with regards to FX processors and the AM3+ socket :

AMD will continue to supply AM3+ and AMD FX processors for the foreseeable future, as per AMD's official roadmap update at APU'13 [above]. Recently, AMD launched the FX-9000 series, AMD's fastest desktop processor to date. As AMD's business continues to evolve, AMD will focus on the areas of growth including support for the desktop PC enthusiast leveraging AMD's world-class processor design IP, including heterogeneous compute. AMD's FX branded products will continue to evolve and we look forward to sharing those updates in the future.

ORIGINAL POST :-
AMD will not release any new FX CPUs based on Steamroller in 2014 or Excavator in 2015 a leaked roadmap reveals. AMD heads towards an APU exclusive future as evidence mounts for the end of FX CPUs.
AMD will simply continue to sell current Piledriver based Vishera processors well into 2015 until the APU lineup is powerful enough to replace them.

Rg9fKas.png

While it's certainly disappointing to see AMD leave the high performance CPU market it's none the less fulfilling to see the company finally reaching its goal with the heterogeneous system architecture, after all it's the reason AMD purchased ATi in the mid 2000s and the company's hellbent to reap the benefits with the first ever implementation of said architecture in the form of Kaveri APUs.
It shouldn't be long before APUs start leveraging the powerful graphics engine for compute purposes and surpass traditional x86 CPUs as we know them today.

source

This is extremely disappointing.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

This is extremely disappointing.

Guess Intel will be giving us even smaller increases in CPU now because they'll basically own the market now...

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

I think this is going to be a really bad decision on there part, the FX series is amazing in my opinion along with alot of other AMD fans.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

We knew that...for like half a year now?

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Guess Intel will be giving us even smaller increases in CPU now because they'll basically own the market now..

True without FX they have no competition.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

And that's how we see that Intel rules the CPU industry...

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

We knew that...for like half a year now?

Yea, but we now know they wont release any cpu till 2016. Thats... a long time. And Intel is allready in lead with 3570k and 4670k, with next haswel refresh or broadwell whatever we will get, there wont be reason to buy AMD, aside for price ( they will drop piledriver price 2H 2014 ). 

AMD are still making APUs, Much like Intel DON'T make CPUs anymore, they make APUs (GPU+CPU on chip) so not much has changed apart from the fact they'll all have a GPU onboard from now on, most likely we will see an APU from them soon that matches the performance of the 8350

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

This is happening for a long time now. The latest and fastest CPU AMD has can't even compete to an older Intel mid-end one. I mean, look at the 9590. That thing is a joke. Very sad anyway, we consumers lose with this. Before there wasn't a competing AMD CPU in terms of performance, TDP, etc etc etc, but now, we have even LESS affordable competing options, only the APUs. Pretty sad, indeed.

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //

^^ They're just advancing their systems with integrated graphics que no?

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

I bought into the platform with the expectation of at least a couple of generations after it's introduction. It has great value, but I was hoping to upgrade to the 8350/8320 successor.

the irony AMD said no new graphics cards for 2013 yet they still released the r9 and r7 series mostly rebrands but the top tier were new I think personally the same thing will happen 

This is happening for a long time now. The latest and fastest CPU AMD has can't even compete to an older Intel mid-end one. I mean, look at the 9590. That thing is a joke. Very sad anyway, we consumers lose with this. Before there wasn't a competing AMD CPU in terms of performance, TDP, etc etc etc, but now, we have even LESS affordable competing options, only the APUs. Pretty sad, indeed.

http://images.hardwarecanucks.com/image//skymtl/CPU/FX-9590/FX-9590-40.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSElfxgYFUJxv6DyrioNie0kM_dQ0nn8o82wv_HuVTaQgRtv4iW

They're no slouches when you use them for what they're best at, AMD just optimised for things such as AIDA as opposed to gaming (Oddly), Remeber the 8350 etc is a £150 CPU, in gaming it matches the performance of a £300 4770k in most cases. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

Guess Intel will be giving us even smaller increases in CPU now because they'll basically own the market now...

they have done so for a while and what do you mean even smaller increases? how is that possible? do you expect them to start backtracking and give us performance decreases instead? lol :P

Yea, but we now know they wont release any cpu till 2016. Thats... a long time. And Intel is allready in lead with 3570k and 4670k, with next haswel refresh or broadwell whatever we will get, there wont be reason to buy AMD, aside for price ( they will drop piledriver price 2H 2014 ).

You are aware that Intel has stopped making non-apu processors three years ago, aren't you?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

2015 excavator, hmm

I might actually be ok with this if:

-improved 8core cpu  (significant over 8320/50)

-mantle opportunity with apu/dedicated gpu

-if it has DDR4 ram

Isn't this really old news? Like months ago I heard rumors going around about them ending the FX series processors.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

AMD are still making APUs, Much like Intel DON'T make CPUs anymore, they make APUs (GPU+CPU on chip) so not much has changed apart from the fact they'll all have a GPU onboard from now on, most likely we will see an APU from them soon that matches the performance of the 8350

Yes, but to sacrifice 40% die for igpu... and you have to pay it... and you dont use it because you are gamer  and have a GPU :P

Intel does make cpus, they go by the name : Xeon

Yes, but to sacrifice 40% die for igpu... and you have to pay it... and you dont use it because you are gamer  and have a GPU :P

Intel does make cpus, they go by the name : Xeon

AMD will still be making CPUs, They go by the name: Opteron 

Well that sucks. This is bad for everyone, since nobody will be pushing Intel anymore. APUs might be the future, but it's not the present, so we still need good CPUs.