Pewdiepie officially posted an appology for his controversial comment

What a fu*king...jerry-face-meme.jpg 

famous-youtuber-1.png

Technically not an absolute tech topic , But needs to add a follow up anyways from the original controversial event thread that was posted on Tech news.

Popular YouTube gamer Pewdiepie , One of the most subscribed channel on YouTube platform officially posted an apology video for a controversial statement he made off in a previous live stream , where he spilled out a racial slur out loud out of frustration while playing a game, He released a very short video for his controversial comment he spilled out during a live stream game-play & Apologized for the comments he made , plus some other stuffs very briefly .

Original :

Entire length Transcript (for those who don't wanna hand in a view for the channel or whatever reasons don't want to watch the video or whatever)

" Hello, wanted to make statement on what i said in my previous live stream, you probably wont believe me when i say this , but whenever i go online & i hear other players use the same kinda language that i did , i always find it extremely immature & stupid & i hate how i personally fed into that part of gaming as well , it was something that i said in the heat of the moment , i said the worst word i could possibly think of & it just sort of slipped out & i'm not gonna make any excuses to why it did because there are no excuses for it, i'm disappointed in myself , because it seems that i've learned nothing from all these past controversies & its not like i can think or say or do whatever i want & get away with it , that's not it at all , i'm just an idiot , But that doesn't make what i said or how i said it okay , it was not okay , i'm really sorry if i offended or hurt or disappointed anyone , with all of this, Being in the position that i am i should know better , i know can't keep messing up like this & i owe it to my audience & to myself to do better than this , Because i know i'm better than this , i really want to improve myself & better myself , not just for me , But for anyone that Looks up to me or anyone's that influenced by me & that's how i want to move forward away from this , Thats all i had to say , Thank You for watching , Bye! "    *video ends*

3ff82857198ad95939929d559198150f--dave-cSay What ?

For those who missed out on what happened >>

Anyways , It was a good move from him , but half way through it it seems like he was reading out a statement written out by his lawyer (Probably/Maybe is sitting by his side behind the camera observing) , But controversy aside , Problems like these has a skewed side to it ,  it's a grey area , holding one side severely accountable & the other side not at all to a same statement is very damaging to a community both online & outside of that , a sort of pseudo outrage with no pure intention other than some sidelining reasons to make it an issue ,  Either ways from a platform he's in & the age group of audience he addresses to  i think it's a very good move from his part, But apart from that something like this so easily being spilled out might seem a bit too dark . But Anyways, in reality i think pretty much only specific certain individuals or certain groups seem to take stuff like this as offensive & seriously demeaning except some that would find it very offensive to them personally.

But it's a good thing to see how things play out when things like this happen & there is actual discussions happening over it as people ask themselves & each other properly rather than follow blinding trends & go on like lynch mob & do far worse things to justify it . What do you think ?

Until Next Time Bros , I mean.. uhh..

pewdiepie-30-million.jpg

Please discuss the subject if you must reasonably & keep trolling to a minimum , Post comments replies , whatever on subject ,

Source: YouTube link/Trending/Main Channel

Details separate people.

People are monitoring him more because of how big he is so he has to watch more what he's saying. If he was some medium channel no one would care. That's it. We've all seen youtubers who had way worse attitude. People making fuss about everything nowadays. It slipped. Happens.

Once again, kudos to Felix for taking this the proper way. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

What was the statement.. Source to article? Only thing I got out of this post was an apology to something I dont even know about 

Edit: thanks for putting the link in 

This entire post was cringy due to the images. Also, the he'll are you talking about a lawyer? Why the hell would he have a LAWYER observe him making the statement, let alone write one!?

I personally believe people overreacted for something that people say all the time. It's funny how when a black person says it, no one gets butt hurt but as soon as a white person says it... "RACIST! YOU ARE PROMOTING SLAVERY!"

No. Words only have meanings if you yourself give it one. Move on and find something else to whine about. 

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

Pewdiepie: The only swede that doesn't look rugged in a beard... 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Hopefully, the people he offended can accept his apology :P

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

here's how much i care: i noticed he kinda looks like varg vikernes, and at that point i stopped reading to write a reply about it :P

photo19.jpg

maybe in a few years pewds will light a church on fire and write a dope AF metal album about it.

I will say this, its the same stunt as when he announced he was closing his channel. Looking to garner viewer increase. Worked the first time why not a second?

My 2cents.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, SansVarnic said:

I will say this, its the same stunt as when he announced he was closing his channel. Looking to garner viewer increase. Worked the first time why not a second?

My 2cents.

This is pretty serious. The whole closing channel thing was a meme for his jacksepticeye2 channel. Would he garner views after being dropped by Disney? No. He had to really fight back and defend himself back then. And something similar has happened now and the whole media is looking to put him down, make him look like a racist and other nonsense. 

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

Am I racist (actual real racism, not what ever SJW try to define it as)? Not really, I don't hate or discriminate based on race. Do I like racists? Again, not really. I find it a bit repulsive to hate a group of people based off of race when there are so many more valid reasons (I personally do hate groups of people, SJW's are a prime example). Do I stop racists for simply voicing what they believe in? No, I might not agree with it, but as long as it's just talk, and not a call to action, then more power to them, I'll gladly defend their right to free speech if only to defend a race they might not like. 

Do I use racist words in conversation? You fucking bet I do, although much like with the word faggot, it's really lost it's power since it was taken to mean other stuff, I suspect nigger will be the same. It doesn't change where that word came, and it's derogatory status that much, things that are gay or faggot still means something the user dislikes, while they might not dislike homosexual people, it harks back to that, but it will slowly use it's power. 

Yours faithfully

Saw the original clip. Poor choice of words, understandable. He's not from the US. He doesn't have as visceral an aversion to that kind of language as we conditioned white people. And honestly the situation he was in, not frustrating, it was more annoyance and astonishment, warranted a contextual epithet. Probably not THAT one. But, it was a kosher situation.

Appreciate he was willing to apologize, but it shouldnt have been necessary

8 minutes ago, EvilCat70 said:

This is pretty serious. The whole closing channel thing was a meme for his jacksepticeye2 channel. Would he garner views after being dropped by Disney? No. He had to really fight back and defend himself back then. And something similar has happened now and the whole media is looking to put him down, make him look like a racist and other nonsense. 

I am sorry if you feel that way ... but I have no respect for for pewdiepie.  He is known for this and so I will add this and leave it there;

Fool me once shame on you .... Fool me twice ... [we are way past twice]  The Disney rightfully dropped him ... 

I saw him for what he was a looong time ago so if you have fallen for his "image" well not much I can say on that.

5 minutes ago, Fooshi said:

Don't think this is a stunt. Most likely just an accidental slip when put in a moment of annoyance.

I think Felix is capable of doing something smarter than that if he really wanted to.

Could possibly be a slip but with his history I'll put money were it will bank.

Ok I have become more involved than intended. 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Lmao like some of use don't regularly use slurs casually in conversation, "oh no he said a bad word! What a big deal, you guise!" 

I'm glad Felix apologized, he's under heavy scrutiny and this is not what he needs.
People who don't know Felix or watched his content will latch onto this and the whole "alt-right" narrative will be pushed when the reality is that Felix just isn't some old man who doesn't understand how young people socialize.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

Sad that the world's biggest issue is people getting offended over a word that is said on a live stream. 

I hope all of the  children who had their feelings severely hurt aren't scarred for life /s 

"27 year old adult apologizes for using racial slurs and promises that he will do better, one month after apologizing for making Nazi jokes and saying he will do better, seven months after apologizing for making anti-semitic jokes and saying that he will do better."

Why do people even care what he says?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

I love all the people bitching about how much they hate PDP and how he makes garbage content and just does stuff for attention, are you kidding me, Almost daily we see posts about people hating Linus for his click bait, cringy videos and crap. 

These are simply people who understand their target market and are catering to it. I don't judge Linus or Felix on a personal level, I'll critique the content, exactly the same as I don't judge Watson from "Die Antwoord" personally, I've worked with the guy and he's nothing like his "Ninja" character.

Grow up, these are personalities we see. Credit to PDP for doing some damage control, but honestly think its time he says F it, and just does what he wants, not like he needs the money anymore. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

55 minutes ago, manikyath said:

here's how much i care: i noticed he kinda looks like varg vikernes, and at that point i stopped reading to write a reply about it :P

-Cropping out Uncle Varg saddens me, picture a handsome, Norwegian Sociopath here-

maybe in a few years pewds will light a church on fire and write a dope AF metal album about it.

Oh but he's up to so much more today: Not only has he created a tabletop RPG but he has a fairly active youtube channel talking about some topics that range from the weird like surviving the apocalypse (financial or otherwise) and being self sufficient in the outdoors and such to far more delightful topics like White Genocide, Race Realism, etc.

-------

Current Rig

-------