Pewdiepie officially posted an appology for his controversial comment

i've accidentally called someone "Cheif" serving bar duty once. I asked him, "What'll it be, Chief?" It wasn't because he was native american. far from it. hell i was shocked when someone brought to my attention! i would have called the next guy Chief as well. it's just what i call someone that requires respect.

Chief of police, for example.

Would a native american serving as head law enforcement for a jurisdiction take offence to the title "Chief of Police"?

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

2 minutes ago, Demonking said:

Calling someone a "bitch"

can that be extremely misogynistic?

Details separate people.

Just now, Demonking said:

Calling someone a "bitch" isn't like calling someone a "nigger" or a "kike' it is not the same you wouldn't likely get fired from your job calling your co worker a bitch, but you sure most likely will calling him or her a nigger. stop equating swear words with racial slurs they don't carry the same weight.

I absolutely would get fired for calling my co-worker a bitch, where do you work where you can just call people bitches and cunts all day without getting fired? hahaha

If you care about the word "nigger" but not "motherfucker", "cunt", "hole", or "bitch" then your problem with the word nigger has nothing to do with the fact it's a slur; you don't care about people just care about some imaginary upper-class-like status of being "above that".

"Oh i'm too good for that, i choose to use these premium slurs, not like those lower class slurs that nobody should use"

"If you ain't first, you're last"

5 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

can that be extremely misogynistic?

depends.

Some women act like bitches: Ornery, short tempered, and snappy to engage with.

all within context.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

2 minutes ago, Memories4K said:

I absolutely would get fired for calling my co-worker a bitch, where do you work where you can just call people bitches and cunts all day without getting fired? hahaha

If you care about the word "nigger" but not "motherfucker", "cunt", "hole", or "bitch" then your problem with the word nigger has nothing to do with the fact it's a slur; you don't care about people just care about some imaginary upper-class-like status of being "above that".

"Oh i'm too good for that, i choose to use these premium slurs, not like those lower class slurs that nobody should use"

Well i now know who the apologist are in the forums. because calling someone a bitch to you is the same as calling them a nigger.

7 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

i've accidentally called someone "Cheif" serving bar duty once. I asked him, "What'll it be, Chief?"

Some people get upset with simple signs of respect like sir or ma'am.  I used to jokingly use the term 'boy' (on pretty much everyone), until I realized that I could potentially get myself into some trouble with it.

Some people will find any reason to be offended.

1 minute ago, Memories4K said:

where do you work where you can just call people bitches and cunts all day without getting fired? hahaha

I work in construction, pyo. I can call someone Nigger Jim and I wouldn't be fired, pyo.

1 minute ago, Jito463 said:

How offensive, pyo.

Kappa, pyo.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, knightslugger said:

depends.

Some women act like bitches: Ornery, short tempered, and snappy to engage with.

this is kind of problem with these cases of demeaning insults , The real one ,  The deep differences in people within a community .  Some take it light , some take it too serious, same from the offender, they might mean it as light or as strong of an insult it is . Technically if one needs to be mature about it regardless those are just words , it's still an an insult & has a potential to affect that person or group & effect peoples daily life, They should apologize (a general opinion). But the impact something like that having is severely variable .

By now we know people act offended for other reasons rather than it being actually offended but see it as an opportunity to abuse , like a free pass, but same can be said of the other if you look at it  from a different perspective.

Details separate people.

5 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Some people get upset with simple signs of respect like sir or ma'am.  I used to jokingly use the term 'boy' (on pretty much everyone), until I realized that I could potentially get myself into some trouble with it.

crazy part was he just kinda snickered and ordered and paid anyway. it was a co-bartender who slid the money back and "here this one's on me". he's also the one who brought to my attention that i just served a Native American and called him chief. He took it more personally than myself or the patron! Thought that was mighty presumptuous of him...

System specs:

9 minutes ago, Demonking said:

Well i now know who the apologist are in the forums. because calling someone a bitch to you is the same as calling them a nigger.

"What do you mean it's bad to call people bitches and wrong to call people niggers? Fucking apologists"

I mean who really cares when every rapper will say nigger all of the time. What if he listened to rap all of the time? Kind of easy for it to slip out. if you want to ban a word, ban it across the board. Not just for white ppl.  Anyway, i think he's trolling the internet to get free advertisements for his youtube live stream. brilliant actually.  they jumped from 10-15k viewership to over 35-40k viewership today.  and with that video he uploaded yesterday regarding live stream fails..   he's a smart man and i bet he's trolling the internet because he knows how stupid it is for people to be upset over nigger.   

And yes, i feel no shame in saying it. Its just a word ppl, calm down. It only has power if you give it power. 

When people try to equate nigga and nigger to carrying the same weight. Then again in live in a world where people don't know the difference between their, there and they're and they also don't know the difference between or/are nor do they know the difference between where and were.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

20 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

When people try to equate nigga and nigger to carrying the same weight.

the difference is purely in it's phonetics.

System specs:

21 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

When people try to equate nigga and nigger to carrying the same weight. Then again in live in a world where people don't know the difference between their, there and they're and they also don't know the difference between or/are nor do they know the difference between where and were.

They also don't know the difference between "I" and "In".
Or the oxford comma.
Or using commas at all instead of "and they're and they" instead of two "ands" right after each other.

Shaboi ain't got any problems with your criticism of other people's language and/or grammar but you best check yourself before you wreck yourself.

1 hour ago, Demonking said:

I've never slipped and called someone a racist slur especially over a video game. 

Your avatar says you're from Alabama, PDP is from Sweden, there isn't a constant racial narrative in Sweden making certain words taboo or intrinsically racist.

We in America have been inculcated to the fact that the N word is off limits. I hate to break it to you but its a part of daily vocabulary in a lot of places with a large ESL population. And its rarely ever used to refer to someone's race.

5 minutes ago, Memories4K said:

They also don't know the difference between "I" and "In".
Or the oxford comma.
Or using commas at all instead of "and they're and they" instead of two "ands" right after each other.

Shaboi ain't got any problems with your criticism of other people's language but you best check yourself before you wreck yourself.

My phone auto corrects "I" to "in" for some reason and I never bother to go back and correct it also if you read properly " between their, there and they're " is a separate sentence from "they also don't know" hence the use of the conjunction "and", but what do I know about english I've only been speaking it for all my life.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

5 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

the difference is purely in it's phonetics.

Not really they don't mean the same thing

Just now, XenosTech said:

My phone auto corrects "I" to "in" for some reason and I never bother to go back and correct it also if you read properly " between their, there and they're " is a separate sentence from "they also don't know" hence the use of the conjunction "and", but what do I know about english I''ve only been speaking it for all my life.

Truly a prodigy out of the womb.

System specs:

1 minute ago, XenosTech said:

Not really they don't mean the same thing

Doesn't hold weight. They are not spoken any differently regardless of their intended meaning in black culture.

System specs:

9 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

also if you read properly " between their, there and they're " is a separate sentence from "they also don't know" hence the use of the conjunction "and", but what do I know about english I've only been speaking it for all my life.

YOU SICK FUCKS WHO REFUSE TO USE SEMI-COLONS OR THE OXFORD COMMA.

Most American English speakers allow the Oxford comma to be "optional" but that's only because people who don't use it are slow.
I just think people who don't use the Oxford comma should have to drink from a different water fountain than i do, and that's how i feel about that.

⁽ᴶᵒᵏᶦᶰᵍ⋅ ᴵ'ᵐ ᵇᵉᶦᶰᵍ ᶠᵃᶜᵉᵗᶦᵒᵘˢ⋅⁾

5 minutes ago, Memories4K said:

YOU SICK FUCKS WHO REFUSE TO USE SEMI-COLONS OR THE OXFORD COMMA.

-snip, pyo-

Thank you, in regards to the Oxford comma, pyo.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

6 hours ago, Sauron said:

I agree, although I'm not convinced there are legal grounds for filing a DMCA on a video that was already published, regardless of what kind of agreement they had on it before.

The only grounds sean needs to file the DMCA is that he own the copyright material in the content.  After that it is up to the courts to decide if pdp can keep his videos up with a defense in either fair use or by prior permission.  Both of which are not binding contracts/absolute laws and can be argued.

4 hours ago, Memories4K said:

Except when the dev literally gave explicit permission for anyone to stream and profit from said streams, filing false DMCA claims is what you're supporting right now because you want to get back at those gosh-darn internet bullies who say bad words.

If you want to talk about how Nintendo files DMCA claims then you can talk because Nintendo explicitly doesn't like streamers profiting or streaming their games, but the Firewatch Dev is not the case.

No, Sean wants exercise his legal rights and pull all his support for PDP, I merely pointed out that telling others to stop being snowflakes over words should stop being snowflakes over copyright law.   Also, as per my last few postings on this subject, the DMCA claim is not false.  Sean has a right to deny the use of his content even after giving permission.   

2 hours ago, Jito463 said:

Except when PDP made this gaffe, he wasn't even playing the game from the dev in question.  In fact, from my understanding, the last time a live stream was made from that dev's game was over a year ago.  The developer is well within their rights to demand he doesn't make any more streams of their games, he is not within his rights to retroactively pull the streaming rights and issue a false DMCA claim.

I am pretty sure he is within his rights to have videos pulled even when PDP had permission to make them,.  Although this has never been tried in a court before, the precedents set using fair use policy and the laws regarding CR are pretty solid now.  I personally don't think PDP would win if it he decided to contest it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.