Undervolting (and overclocking?) GPU

3llyas

I have a Zotac 3070 Twin Edge and plan to undervolt it to get a lower power draw. I have read some guides and also found a specific guide on Reddit to undervolt the 3070. However, I would like to know more as I have not completely grasp the meaning of all the settings in MSI Afterburner that is used. I want to know how each settings will affect the others and also what is the effect to the performance oh and how does overclocking while undervolting works at the same time??

An additional ELI5 would also be appreciated.

Small beginner's undervolting guide for rtx 3070 FE : r/nvidia (reddit.com), also this is the link to the post that I found, is this guide good enough for me to follow as a baseline?

Factory voltage frequency table overestimates how much voltage it needs in order for shitty binned GPUs to work on same VF table. Stock VF tables are usually always power limited; so when you reduce voltage you give your GPU more headroom to clock higher.

My 3070 in its stock VF table only lets me hit 1950 or so mhz meanwhile I can push that all the way up to 2150mhz myself.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18