1 minute ago, sazrocks said:

It seems you are not his target audience then.

I followed his channel for a long time. 

I wouldn't even build my PC if not for him. His famous "build guide" series. 

Either me changed, or he did. Or we both. 

It is just that his video is not that info - driven anymore. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

35 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

I followed his channel for a long time. 

I wouldn't even build my PC if not for him. His famous "build guide" series. 

Either me changed, or he did. Or we both. 

It is just that his video is not that info - driven anymore. 

Just as I have said in my comments in the Anti-RGB PC video which by the way, deserved all the dislikes it has, Linus Media Group has become a media company making videos that will pander with 10 year old kids watching Jake Paul. Luke's response to OP is actually very disappointing.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Why is videos from Linus Tech Tips still appearing to my notifications and recommendations on YouTube when I unsubscribed to them a week ago?

2 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Why is videos from Linus Tech Tips still appearing to my notifications and recommendations on YouTube when I unsubscribed to them a week ago?

Bell icon?

Or youtube glitch. 

2 minutes ago, fpo said:

Bell icon?

Or youtube glitch. 

Shouldn't the bell icon notifications disappear when you unsubscribe?

Just now, hey_yo_ said:

Shouldn't the bell icon notifications disappear when you unsubscribe?

I'm not tech support. I wouldn't know. 

Completely agree with you on your points.  I've noticed a big dip in content quality lately; I remember watching LTT in 2015 and 2016 and it was way better.  But here come the fanboys with their B.S advice of "if you don't like it, leave" and "you don't know how to run their channel better".  Truly genius commentary.  I'd say some of the recent content is objectively low quality, and the huge amount of dislikes reflect that.  But any criticism is "hate" these days.

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700k
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI - MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Crucial P1 1tb M.2 NVME BOOT DRIVE
Video Card: MSI RTX 2070 Super
Case: NZXT - H500 (White) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold 

Another day, another thread made just to complain about LTT's videos. 

If you really want good information, then there are many other channels on YouTube like Gamers Nexus, Hardware Canucks, etc. LTT is more in the entertainment space now and it's clearly working for them.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

12 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Another day, another thread made just to complain about LTT's videos. 

This one is special.  He complained AND asked for free stuff in exchange for it!

5 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

This one is special.  He complained AND asked for free stuff in exchange for it!

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

It kinda saddens me that some people on this forum are basically only posting to have a go at (or to "educate") the OP.  If it's been done to death or you think there is little point in him posting,  then let it go and post about something else. Just because you think you have it all worked out doesn't mean feedback is irrelevant.  So leave the thread for those who do want to discuss it.  LMG will decide if the feedback is worth acting on, and most likely appreciate that some people actually go to the effort to provide it. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

16 minutes ago, mr moose said:

It kinda saddens me that some people on this forum are basically only posting to have a go at (or to "educate") the OP.  If it's been done to death or you think there is little point in him posting,  then let it go and post about something else. Just because you think you have it all worked out doesn't mean feedback is irrelevant.  So leave the thread for those who do want to discuss it.  LMG will decide if the feedback is worth acting on, and most likely appreciate that some people actually go to the effort to provide it. 

I agree.  Biggest complaint I see content creators make is when people dislike their work and don't say why.  Atleast he took the time to give feedback.

Just posting to let y'all know that I saw the OP.

Didn't read the whole thread cuz it kinda devolved, but just wanted to say I do appreciate honest feedback.

I won't be acting on any of the suggested content streams unfortunately because I think they're all either similar to things we've done in the past, or super boring - if you want a list of parts to buy, just post in the new PC section here on the forum.

But I *do* read the community loud and clear as far as the demand for serious tech content is concerned, and it's something we're addressing internally :)

3 hours ago, mr moose said:

In my opinion it's not so much about critique itself. That's common and there's nothing against it. If my opinion differs or I think OP hasn't thought something through, I tell them that. Like I initially did.

However, this one didn't just have criticism. If it would have, I probably would have replied. This one went straight for asking something for their criticism. That's unacceptable if they didn't originally pay for content.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

17 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

In my opinion it's not so much about critique itself. That's common and there's nothing against it. If my opinion differs or I think OP hasn't thought something through, I tell them that. Like I initially did.

However, this one didn't just have criticism. If it would have, I probably would have replied. This one went straight for asking something for their criticism. That's unacceptable if they didn't originally pay for content.

you can't blame a kid for trying. 

As I said, no one needs to critique his advice or griefs, they are for LMG to investigate.   Because there is a big difference between saying: "I like the way Linus currently does reviews/videos", and saying,  "they know what they are doing to make money so they aren't going to listen to you". 

One is agree/disagreeing with the OP's sentiment and the other is criticizing his need to even provide feedback.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

You just need to drop your aggressiveness down one or two notches, that's all I'm asking of you. Let's keep it clean and tidy 

Perhaps you should try the same thing.  I don't know if you're a mod or just another member, but if you have to resort to posting more than once regarding the same person/post, you've become part of the argument, and thus made the issue worse in a forum, not better.  PM, or stand pat, you'll create less strife, and lose fewer members.

Didn't read the whole thread cuz it kinda devolved, but just wanted to say I do appreciate honest feedback.

I won't be acting on any of the suggested content streams unfortunately because I think they're all either similar to things we've done in the past, or super boring - if you want a list of parts to buy, just post in the new PC section here on the forum.

But I *do* read the community loud and clear as far as the demand for serious tech content is concerned, and it's something we're addressing internally :)

That's a solid response to a somewhat strange OP IMO.  I think it's a completely valid point that when you're putting out 30 videos a month, the 10% rule is going to apply, and some will get a more vocal criticism than most.  Big deal.  3/4 or more of what you read in the major "tech magazines" is either repetitive, incorrect, or just nonsense these days, so having a vast majority of vids and live streams be interesting at LTT is far above the industry average IMO.  I'm a former editor for the largest gaming website on the net circa 99/2000, and wrote for PCXL and PC Gamer as well.  Just my opinion based on previous experience long ago in the gaming indsutry.

Great. Another whine post.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

50 minutes ago, revsilverspine said:

Great. Another whine post.

I think it's more of a troll post IMO.

>Fan for years

yet only joined 15 hours ago with seemingly the sole purpose of "just putting this out there"; only aware of recent content/ series. Seems also to be completely unaware of FAP's or techquickies...

>Posts his linkedin

Validation required or do you just hate this guy and are trolling him?

I understand that as an organization, deleting this post would just look like censorship, but as part of the community, I wouldn't mind seeing this go.

15 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

@Slick

Have you just deleted your first post/s people because were upset about? 

That is something I have not experienced here from any LMG members. 

i noticed that aswell , bad form really 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

3 hours ago, FeralWombat said:

I think it's more of a troll post IMO.

>Fan for years

yet only joined 15 hours ago with seemingly the sole purpose of "just putting this out there"; only aware of recent content/ series. Seems also to be completely unaware of FAP's or techquickies...

>Posts his linkedin

Validation required or do you just hate this guy and are trolling him?

I understand that as an organization, deleting this post would just look like censorship, but as part of the community, I wouldn't mind seeing this go.

There are those who tend to watch but refuse to register into forums. Unless there's change to get some free stuff. There are also ton of those who don't watch WAN Show where side channels are mostly referred. Linkedin is against rules of forum, but I wouldn't think someone who is adult and well into business world understands anything about reading some random forums rules BEFORE posting.

Its not first time people create account just to say their criticism. Will not be last. Most of the time critiques just don't want free shit for voicing their opinions. They are just after better content.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

Can't blame them for defending their own platform. 

At the end of the day, 1000 people have 1000 ways of running a youtube channel. 

If they keep apologizing and listen to others, they will have no time to shoot any video at all, 

But the general trend of this channel has been set. So at the end of the day, if you dislike his videos, stop watching them.... thats it... 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

7 hours ago, LinusTech said:

I wanted to thank you for your reply, and you know how to sell content far better than I do.  Last comment I'll make on the form is to simply refer you to my page 3 response to Luke as it may have been passed over.   Thank you again for your work, I look forward to seeing how your channel evolves.

"Good Evening-

It was not the intent of my open letter to be a "stick in the mud", and to say that I don't like XX or YY therefore you shouldn't do it.. but to your point it's possible that i'm doing just that from other's perspective.   I can certainly appreciate that some folks like various types of content.

Over the last few weeks/months it seems that a trend has developed, and as a fan I wanted to share my opinion with the hope that I could influence future content to the benefit of the entire community and Linus Media Group.

I believe that 90% of your content is top quality, and in most ways your group continues to provide quality content.  I was trying to share an outsider's standpoint on consistency of your brand messaging.

Additionally, Linus Media Group (LMG) stands in a unique position to influence the industry as a whole.  Not just for enthusiasts, but for working professionals who make day-to-day decisions about how to run their IT shops.  As an example: We were looking at upgrading the laptops for one of our divisions and LMG's videos allowed me to know that the next generation of Intel mobile processors would be a benefit for our team to include/wait for.

There are a great many unresolved technical problems that effect professionals, causal non-techies, and enthusiasts that LMG has an opportunity to test and address thus informing the community as a whole while providing entertaining content.

My biggest concern for LMG, which i was trying to express, is the protection of your brand image, and where you position yourselves in the market.   As noted above there are many problems that your corp can assist the public with, but if the brand doesn't protect it's image it becomes irrelevant to the people who can influence purchasing decisions (professionals), and becomes only entertainment.  This would result in an inability to convey meaningful content when you want to do so.

I'm a huge LMG brand ambassador and will continue to be so for years to come.  I'm envious of the folks who can decide what content gets created and delivered to the public and just want to play my small part in the process.

If this attempt at communication has done nothing else perhaps I see LMG as a corporation with a brand to protect and an important message to convey, while LMG themselves may prefer to be seen as entertainment first and educational as a secondary objective.

There's nothing wrong with that.. just seems like the messaging has changed over the years and I would hate for you to lose your core audience in the process of evolving."

Going to weigh-in here after following this from the beginning. 

@JustAnotherGamerInHis30s, for future reference, if you want to reach out to a company or organisation in such a manner and include personal offers and information; doing so publicly like this is not a good idea. This is the internet and you open yourself to judgement and attacks from others. You titled your post as an "Open letter to LTT", and that's fine, but typically open letters are for others to share their (similar) opinions and contribute to the conversation in regards to the main concern(s) brought forward. Sharing your opinions and suggestions for the LMG team is fine and welcomed, but the personal offer to work with LMG and suggested request for "deals on hardware", well, this is not the platform for that, as a lot of others have already made clear. In the future, you should make such requests via private contact (PM or email etc.). If your intentions were/are genuine, that would be your best avenue of approach. Also keep in mind they have people making such requests on a daily basis. 

I understand all too well, where you're coming from in terms of financial struggle, but there are other easier ways to acquire newer hardware at good prices. I don't know where you live, but here and in the US, there are local classified platforms such as Kijiji and Craig's list where people put up used components and you can often find some really good deals. And there's always good ol' ebay. ;) 

To everyone else who responded to this thread: Some of you, IMO, read way too much into it, overreacted and spoke quite harshly where it wasn't entirely necessary - in response to both the OP and Luke's response. LMG receives feedback and requests like this all the time. Most of us know this and so does the OP, by now. So unless you have a genuine concern, I don't see the point in continuing to criticize the OP. It has been addressed by LMG, let's move on. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

despite not being part of LMG i can easily answer these questions.

-          1920 x 1080 Meme PC:  This was trolling, they took reddit which is full of trolls and trolled them by making such a build

-          How many PCIe Extensions: In a classic GPU scenario, latency does not matter as rarely does the GPU talk back to CPU (or perhaps never), think back to your pentium days with AGP, PCI where there was opengl/directx and no compute on GPUs. latency isnt too much of an issue compared to signal integrity, i've had boards that refuse to work with the cheaper non shielded cables. They mentioned latency as a joke because their project wasnt meant to covver it despite that latency might be an issue (not to mention same benchmark scores of dx12 which does use some compute). There arent proper practical applications to test latency.

-          $140,000 on 8k Camera:  Theres nothing on the market to compare it to? All they could do was meet others with the same product to get their input on it.

-          Anti-RGB PC:  A significant amount of people think RGB is pointless. I think so too as in my view RGB in PCs are a waste of power, money and space except if you plan to use your PC as a lamp. LMG built a PC that answers this, even though it didnt work they risked their own stuff. If you own a house and bulldoze it why should it concern others when many dream of owning a house in todays economy. If some rich guy crashes his supercar why should you be concerned? he bought it on his own money and wrecked it, many cant afford it but want it, yet we take satisfaction to others ruining their stuff.

-          Thumbnails:  The point is not to take yourself seriously and to look funny. On the internet, being too serious is just being boring and you shouldnt take life too seriously either. Youtube is both educational and entertaining and LMG does both of that by being funny and informative at the same time. We're out of the age where black and white uniforms were the norm and being different is unacceptable. Being who you are however is much better and its a bad idea to take yourself seriously.

-          Budget Build-Outs: There are many budget build shows, LMG doesnt have the resources to make a lot of such series (resource being time and manpower), their focus is tech news and reviews. randomgaminghd on youtube provides real budget builds at prices much lower than you would expect.

-          Guest Hosts:  They already do that on their WAN show, its not easy as everyone else has their work to do too and is around the world so the logistics of coordinating that, inviting people and even getting people to accept invites is not an easy thing.

-          Wired vs Wireless vs 4g:  Technology is evolving and now theres 5g coming out soon. On wifi side ax is already out and on ethernet we have 2.5g and 5g. However the old articles of wired vs wireless vs mobile data still sticks due to the nature of their tech so even old articles comparing 10Mb ethernet, wireless g and 2g/3g are still relevant, not to mention for mobile data it is shared among a lot of users despite such bold claims of the tech.

-          WiFi Saturation: Wifi saturation isnt a problem. I've heard of mikrotik and netgear r7000 being able to handle more than 100 clients simultaneously all using at the same time rather than just being only connected and those are old APs. The problem with wifi saturation isnt the client numbers, its the number of APs in the vicinity and other interfering sources that dont use the 802.1 standard and how the AP deals with them (software vs hardware only)

You sound like an old guy.