tbh I would say I watch mostly their funny r outlandish videos more than their serious videos. I really enjoy the videos they do that are just for fun or because they c an like 7 gamers one computer. if i want really indepth technical reviews or products I go to gamers nexus because most other places fall short compared to them in how indepth and through their reviews are and how much data they provide.

1 minute ago, Slick said:

You're not! Because that's not what happened!

People in the thread have already rather effectively addressed his post - we've addressed posts that were near mirrors to this in the past.. Us trolling in videos and doing silly things isn't even remotely new.. Sometimes we do have dud videos but we release a video every day.. It's gonna happen..

There's nothing new here, what was said has been said and responded to many times.. So why not just dance and have some fun? 

Totally agree with you Slick

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Just now, Slick said:

There's nothing new here, what was said has been said and responded to many times.. So why not just dance and have some fun? 

Obviously it hasn't been said enough if you think passive-aggressively attacking them is still entertaining!

And I'd appreciate it if you didn't give me any of that crap either!

Thanks!

Shipping sucks

2 minutes ago, GSTARR said:

Obviously it hasn't been said enough if you think passive-aggressively attacking them is still entertaining!

And I'd appreciate it if you didn't give me any of that crap either!

Thanks!

Yeah you probably shouldn't start an argument with an LMG staff member... 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

1 minute ago, Slick said:

You're not! Because that's not what happened!

People in the thread have already rather effectively addressed his post - we've addressed posts that were near mirrors to this in the past.. Us trolling in videos and doing silly things isn't even remotely new.. Sometimes we do have dud videos but we release a video every day.. It's gonna happen..

Not everyone reads everything here. This guy had some concerns about the path this channel is going to take. This being a forum to be able to reach out to the channel creators and voice those concerns does deserve some respect. The fact this was done does aggravate me a bit. A simple acknowledge of his concerns and pointing him to one of the posts where you have discussed this before would have been more respectful than derailing his entire post. I understand the issues of content on both sides. I have been a bit bored of the content recently but am looking forward to the content I enjoy here forward (the 64 CPU that has 4 threads per CPU -- HOW?!). Just my two cents.

Just now, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

it's fun to watch

I don't care?

Staff members will always win according to the majority, so he doesn't have anything to worry about. There are always other tech forums if he bans me for disagreeing, so I don't have anything to worry about.

What's the problem?

Shipping sucks

1 hour ago, JustAnotherGamerInHis30s said:

list a few recent examples below of where all this went sideways…

-          1920 x 1080 Meme PC:  This was just a trolling video right?  You're old enough to discern

-          How many PCIe Extensions: You never tested latency, which is the main concern of extending the signal length; therefore missing the value of the content.They just wanted to see if it would work. I'm sure they mentioned it in the video. They may do a follow up. 

-          $140,000 on 8k Camera:  The extra step to compare this solution to others on the market would have then how much longer?  They're not a comparison channel. Just a tech channel.

-          Anti-RGB PC:  Again, a troll build? It seemed to me that you were just intentionally wasting valuable PC parts that many of your watchers could only dream to own.Again... I'm sure you can discern

-          Thumbnails:  Just look at your thumbnails and captions recently.. is the objective to be a meme of yourself, to be the Jester of the industry, or to be a serious technology reviewer in an entertaining way.  Do these thumbnails represent your “brand”?He went over this... It's a  business, and the new thumbnail style brings in higher views. The majority of people just don't care about the thumbnails, but it helps bring new people in. 

I would like to offer up some ideas from a layman’s perspective since in your recent WAN show; it sounded like you were out of “good” ideas. 

-          Budget Build-Outs:  Taking the concept of Scrapyard Wars; give MSI/Gigabyte/etc.. a budget and tell them to either send out a rep or send you parts that meet that budget.  Compare the solutions they provide.   This can be done quarterly at different budgets.They commented on budget builds before. That's not the kind of channel they are anymore. There are so many people doing this stuff they find it pointless to rehash. They commented about this in the past specifically. 

-          Guest Hosts:  There are a lot of very specialized areas of the industry.  Bring in some experts from the various niche groups to show off a small sample of their work and how they do a portion of their “art”.  (Think case designers/Custom water loops)When they go to computex and whatnot, they speak and learn about the tech BEFORE they talk. Linus is just the spokesperson, and camera man (I know he does more, but for the sake of argument, he is the one infront of the camera, and doesn't just automatically know how and why engineers designed things how they did.)

-          Wired vs Wireless vs 4g:  Technology is always evolving and it seems like wireless technologies are almost matching the speed and latency of a decent wired connection.  Compare various routers to wired (100/1000Mbps) connections.There is a Techquickie topic recommendation thread. 

-          WiFi Saturation: Many of our homes have more wireless connections than we realize.  Compare many common wireless routers and identify when each router starts to see latency issues with 5/10/15 connections.  The connections should also be playing games/watching youtube/Netflix much like in our homes.Techquickie recommendation thread still exists. 

-          Scrapyard Quickies:  If you look back at your history of Scrapyard Wars, you will note that Episode 1 usually has more views than subsequent episodes.  Same with literally any series. Search Lets play series, and notice the first episodes have the most views. 

Although this might seem counterintuitive to fans like me, your audience speaks volumes.  The silent majority speaks louder with actions. 

As I’m sure your time is hard to come by... I would start using your other staff as the participants against each other.  They should order the parts from Amazon (with links to your affiliate of course) and can include used parts from amazon.  Their warehouse is full of parts.  As mentioned earlier with budget builds... There's so many smaller channels already doing this. It wouldn't add any benefit to the consumer to rehash what already exists. 

This cuts down the travel/filming/editing time associated with the project, and ultimately a quick buildout, benchmark, and vote by you and Luke.   45 minute episodes monthly would keep the fans happy.I'm pretty content with the 10~ minute videos weekly, and others enjoy the personality time with the 1~ hour WAN show every Friday(?)

If you find any of this helpful, possibly even resulting in video production; I request no direct compensation. Kek.. okay...

I’m rocking a Sandy Bridge 2500k and an Radeon 7700  on my “main” rig, so perhaps a fair deal on any last gen parts you need to clear out would be helpful but not expected. um.... I'm sure they get enough requests for free PC parts. 

There are many, many, many more ideas that I have but wanted to keep this fairly brief.  If the world had an idea website... It would crash. - Idubbbz

If you find these ideas more than just a little helpful and you would like to discuss them in more detail I can make myself available for a conference call and have an LLC that would allow me to be a remote consultant if you would like.  I think that they're pretty well set with all their sponsors, partnerships, and alliances. 

Sorry, but your post was just too funny to not ridicule... 

Also why'd you list your linkedin? 

1 minute ago, GSTARR said:

I don't care?

Staff members will always win according to the majority, so he doesn't have anything to worry about. There are always other tech forums if he bans me for disagreeing, so I don't have anything to worry about.

What's the problem?

Your reply to Luke just seemed too aggressive for my liking. 

زندگی از چراغ

40 minutes ago, JustAnotherGamerInHis30s said:

-          1920 x 1080 Meme PC:

-          How many PCIe Extensions: 

-          $140,000 on 8k Camera: 

-          Anti-RGB PC: 

-          Thumbnails: 

-          Budget Build-Outs:  

-          Guest Hosts:  

-          Wired vs Wireless vs 4g:  

-          WiFi Saturation

-          Scrapyard Quickies:  

mind me sharing what i'd see as applicable answers to your listing of issues:

- yes. the entire idea start to finish was a joke, if that was unclear you should come to belgium, we have humor workshops for you.

- considering the speed of light, latency would be about 17 nanoseconds more than having it right in the slot, there's bigger issues to worry about here. for example like mentioned in the video the amount of voltage drop on the stupid amuount of copper you're putting in between.

- if it was unclear to you, they dont quite have the budget to buy professional 8K cameras from multiple brands, they bought the thing and made a video about it.

- i assume this is a jab at how everything needs to be RGB today.

- has been before mentioned in a honest answers, the thumbnails is what works, and it would be a poor buisiness decision to not do what works. (mind you, the only reason linus, jerry, jay, marques, austin, etc. is doing any of this is because it works as a buisiness)

- doubt linus is *that* close with any of these companies. besides the amount of brands that can even do this at all is insanely small, or pretty much you just named them all.

- this happens occasionally, mind you that these people are usually busy as well ;)

- pretty sure that they've done videos of this nature in the past, and the answer has always been along the line of "it depends". should i refer to the "final answer" series here? :P

- INSANELY difficult to test, one of our clients at work has been in their new office for 3 months and we're still fine tuning the highly controlled wifi environent. you'd essentially need a EMI testing lab for this.

- beats the idea of scrapyard wars, the idea is that its a highly produced series, rather than just two teams slapping together a build and comparing them.

and as requested by @Slick

tumblr_ni6ykk0JdY1qkx988o1_500.gif

Your reply to Luke just seemed too aggressive for my liking. 

That's exactly how I felt reading his dismissive comment to the guy making this post, who 1) made it awkwardly apparent he was trying to be serious or 2) awkwardly making it apparent he was joking.

There was no need to get at him like that, and then he brought a little of that attitude against me.

Shipping sucks

@GSTARR They aren't obligated to put up with every fan who thinks they know the youtube business better than them. They have over 5 million subs i think they know how to make good youtube videos at this point. 

My attempt at a light hearted joke response went rather terribly so i'll go with something a little more straightforward.

-          1920 x 1080 Meme PC:  This was just a trolling video right? 

-          How many PCIe Extensions: You never tested latency, which is the main concern of extending the signal length; therefore missing the value of the content.

-          $140,000 on 8k Camera:  The extra step to compare this solution to others on the market would have then how much longer? 

-          Anti-RGB PC:  Again, a troll build? It seemed to me that you were just intentionally wasting valuable PC parts that many of your watchers could only dream to own.

-          Thumbnails:  Just look at your thumbnails and captions recently.. is the objective to be a meme of yourself, to be the Jester of the industry, or to be a serious technology reviewer in an entertaining way.  Do these thumbnails represent your “brand”?

We do make a lot of videos that are jokes or trolls.. and as is the nature of these things sometimes they don't go so well! We release a video every day.. It can be hard to perfectly hit the mark every time.. Also please consider that some people may enjoy some things that you don't! Although the comments and like/dislike and whatnot can communicate when most people aren't into it and we constantly try to learn and grow from this.

The thumbnails are well addressed here - 

We have always been silly, we have always trolled, we have always made jokes, we have always pushed the bar, we have always tried new things.

Sometimes we're too silly. Somtimes we troll a little too much. Sometimes our jokes aren't funny. Somtimes we drop the bar. Sometimes the things we choose to try are not the right things.

And we will continue to do all of these things, we will continue to make mistakes, but we will also make a ton of awesome content while doing so.

Thanks for watching and hopefully the future of our content pleases you more

4 minutes ago, GSTARR said:

That's exactly how I felt reading his dismissive comment to the guy making this post, who 1) made it awkwardly apparent he was trying to be serious or 2) awkwardly making it apparent he was joking.

There was no need to get at him like that, and then he brought a little of that attitude against me.

You just need to drop your aggressiveness down one or two notches, that's all I'm asking of you. Let's keep it clean and tidy 

زندگی از چراغ

40 minutes ago, Notional said:

Completely agree. However, they have stated that these retarded thumbnails result in more clicks, and thus more views. That is sad, but it's all about the clicks.

The thing about click bait is, IT WORKS. BUT NOT FOR LONG.

The real disappointment would be if Linus gets too carried away and turns this channel into a "serious" channel with sarcastic tone and dankness everywhere. It'll work, not for long though. I encourage being dynamic, but doing the same thing over and over again wont work FOR LONG.

And Now, A quote:

You wont even realize when that Sweet Sweet Sarcasm and racist humor turns into YOUR Reality

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

I was about to come on here and make a new post but seeing how there is already about the quality of LTT's work Ill post here

@Linus's Videos in the last 6 months have gone right down the toilet. Ive been a avid subscriber for years since the early days of the Wan show when it was still a small sofa with 2 mates taking about pcs for 2 hours (When it was on time as well)

I have no unsubscribed to the youtube channel because im just not intrested in the videos that come out. They are either for tech Im not interested in or they are joke PC builds. I joined Floatplane in April and aside from a few CSF and Scrapyard Wars. The rest of the videos havent interest me in the slightest (I actually find @CPotter's videos entertaining) Which what the LTT is supposed to be unless im wrong. Informative and Entertaining. Now i find them to be the lowest common denominator along with the thousand other general tech channels on youtubes. I have found channels like Gamers Nexus and Jays2cents to be my asylum. 

CPU: Intel i7 4930k 5Ghz RAM: GSkill Trident X 2400Mhz MOBO: Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition  GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti OC 2067Mhz PSU: Corsair AX1200i Case: Coolermaster C700P 

Cooling: Corsair H100i with 2 ML120s & 4 HD140s

SSDs: 1.75TB Samsung SSD's + 10TB HDD'sOS: Windows 10 Insiders Build Fast Ring - Monitors: Asus PB287Q 4K  -  Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum MX Brown 

Audio: Asus Xonar STX + Senn HD650

3 minutes ago, Slick said:

My attempt at a light hearted joke response went rather terribly so i'll go with something a little more straightforward.

We do make a lot of videos that are jokes or trolls.. and as is the nature of these things sometimes they don't go so well! We release a video every day.. It can be hard to perfectly hit the mark every time.. Also please consider that some people may enjoy some things that you don't! Although the comments and like/dislike and whatnot can communicate when most people aren't into it and we constantly try to learn and grow from this.

We have always been silly, we have always trolled, we have always made jokes, we have always pushed the bar, we have always tried new things.

Sometimes we're too silly. Somtimes we troll a little too much. Sometimes our jokes aren't funny. Somtimes we drop the bar. Sometimes the things we choose to try are not the right things.

And we will continue to do all of these things, we will continue to make mistakes, but we will also make a ton of awesome content while doing so.

When it comes to being dank, it's always been a PJ. Every.Time.

But i liked it. You guys were trying to be funny, but were mostly being honest about your opinions and the, well, humor, was just negligible. However, whenever Linus Cracked a PJ, I told myself, "Here's a man who is enjoying his work"

But when people go too far with the same thing; it just gets tiring.

ALSO: Fix the formatting for day theme users

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

Unbenannt.JPG.697cfbad40be851ed82cd10553f63359.JPG

SLICK!! YOUR TEXT IS FADING , YOU HAVE TO GO BACK IN TIME AND FIX THE TIMELINE 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

2 minutes ago, AnErraticTeddyBear said:

@WhiskeyOmega Don't watch then? No one is forcing you and lots of people enjoy the videos. 

Forgot to mention I did pay for a years Floatplane upfront. Im not mad im just disappointed in what my money has gotten me. Considering it was more then vessel. 

CPU: Intel i7 4930k 5Ghz RAM: GSkill Trident X 2400Mhz MOBO: Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition  GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti OC 2067Mhz PSU: Corsair AX1200i Case: Coolermaster C700P 

Cooling: Corsair H100i with 2 ML120s & 4 HD140s

SSDs: 1.75TB Samsung SSD's + 10TB HDD'sOS: Windows 10 Insiders Build Fast Ring - Monitors: Asus PB287Q 4K  -  Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum MX Brown 

Audio: Asus Xonar STX + Senn HD650

2 minutes ago, Slick said:

At the risk of being pretentious, I'll go ahead and respond as if this was directed at me.

There was no need to make this, we all got your point with your first comment - My problem was with the passive aggressive dismissal you showed to somebody in your forums. That's something that any regular member was going to do, but I think most of the people on this forum would agree that you're no regular member.

You then responded to me saying that y'all see this all the time - but that doesn't seem to be the case at all. Everybody is different, but I really feel like if you saw these and read them word for word everyday, there would come a time where you'd see this post, and dismiss it without saying anything, come back in ten minutes and look at the forum making fun of the person themselves.

TL:DR You aren't supposed to be inhuman and not annoyed by these people, but I don't think you should have joined the crowd in pointing at them because the majority of this community does it for you already.

I know you tried to end the whole conversation, and I'm sorry for dragging out the bad attitudes and feelings, but I felt like you missed the point, and I feel bad because I think I'm the one who made you feel like you 'ought to come up with a whole other post that's all formal and no messing around. I don't want to be the dick who goes around regulating behavior (ironic) but I think you know what I'm trying to say. Or you don't, oh well : /

Shipping sucks

48 minutes ago, GSTARR said:

Am I supposed to believe that you commented on this guy's post ignoring his topic, and he chose it as the best answer? Really?

That was probably the only thing you could have done to make LTT look bad.

You should have just done nothing and ignored him

He deleted it now. I was looking for it...

Just now, fpo said:

He deleted it now. I was looking for it...

It was just a gif and him saying the thread was about dancing gifs now.

It wasn't anything special, just something you'd see from just about anyone here.

Shipping sucks