1 hour ago, JustAnotherGamerInHis30s said:

As a father of two in his mid 30’s, one who shares a passion about computer performance, an IT professional of 15 years, and an avid subscriber of your channel for the last several years I would like to offer some constructive criticism about your channel in the last several months.

Which obviously makes you best to judge entertainment. /s

-          $140,000 on 8k Camera:  The extra step to compare this solution to others on the market would have then how much longer? 

You do realize that realistic comparison means they have to actually test each of those? It might not be cheapest solution, nor best solution. But its one that several techtubers use already. If you have $200k laying around, buy them some other camera to make comparison. It would be really bad business decision to buy something that expensive just for testing purposes.

-          Anti-RGB PC:  Again, a troll build? It seemed to me that you were just intentionally wasting valuable PC parts that many of your watchers could only dream to own.

Wait, what? You didn't get that feel when Linus balanced motherboard with TitanX? Or when he dremeled server mobo because he was impatient and stupid? How about destroying probably 5k worth of water cooling gear because he thought he had cool idea (Whole room water cooling fiasco)?

Seriously. LTT has been Top Gear / Grand Tour of tech channels for awhile now. They mess with expensive stuff so you don't have to.

-          Guest Hosts:  There are a lot of very specialized areas of the industry.  Bring in some experts from the various niche groups to show off a small sample of their work and how they do a portion of their “art”.  (Think case designers/Custom water loops)

You say you are business owner. But you still seem to think that setting up interview or featured content with business affiliate can happen just like that? They do it everyt ime they can get someone to spare Friday evening or are on the move where those people work. Problem is that there aren't many such companies in Canada. Most are across US, Asia or Europe. It would get really costly to go and meet people. And setting up video conference requires quite of planning.

If you find any of this helpful, possibly even resulting in video production; I request no direct compensation.  I’m rocking a Sandy Bridge 2500k and an Radeon 7700  on my “main” rig, so perhaps a fair deal on any last gen parts you need to clear out would be helpful but not expected.

And there went any respect I had for your honest opinions. You are here just for the goods. Shameless.

45 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

Ahem. Thank you for telling them the opposite of what their marketing team (probably) is. They have a video 'formula' that works and makes money for them, so they don't care what other people think. 

"Marketing team"... Sounds fancy new nickname @nicklmg

2 minutes ago, AmbarChakrabarti said:

ALSO: Fix the formatting for day theme users

NOW YOU KNOW HOW WE FEEL

(also, its mainly Chrome issue, Firefox ftw!)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 minutes ago, GSTARR said:

It was just a gif and him saying the thread was about dancing gifs now.

It wasn't anything special, just something you'd see from just about anyone here.

Yeah I saw it quoted. I thought all of his posts were deleted, but he just blends in too well. It's like where's waldo... But where's Luke's posts. haha

If you find any of this helpful, possibly even resulting in video production; I request no direct compensation.  I’m rocking a Sandy Bridge 2500k and an Radeon 7700  on my “main” rig, so perhaps a fair deal on any last gen parts you need to clear out would be helpful but not expected.

There are many, many, many more ideas that I have but wanted to keep this fairly brief. 

If you find these ideas more than just a little helpful and you would like to discuss them in more detail I can make myself available for a conference call and have an LLC that would allow me to be a remote consultant if you would like. 

James Shuster, PMP

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jamesshusterpmp/

This paragraph made me lose a lot of respect for this post, putting it all out there as a fan is one thing but *hint hint* personal gain kinda stuff always drives me crazy. To address the rest of your post, their channel has grown exponentially since they started doing the things you hate, they still do put out content for us more computer savy folk, but it is a business and they have to do what's best for growth.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

@Slick are you gonna fix that text or nah? 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

4 minutes ago, GSTARR said:

I know you tried to end the whole conversation, and I'm sorry for dragging out the bad attitudes and feelings, but I felt like you missed the point, and I feel bad because I think I'm the one who made you feel like you 'ought to come up with a whole other post that's all formal and no messing around. I don't want to be the dick who goes around regulating behavior (ironic) but I think you know what I'm trying to say. Or you don't, oh well : /

next week on a very special Days of our Lives.

4 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

@Slick are you gonna fix that text or nah? 

psh, he's too busy dancing. 

Who can listen to their mother when we're all busy dancing too and fro?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwii7Z7InKDWAhUX92MKHSnvB7YQyCkILTAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D4om1rQKPijI&usg=AFQjCNG7jQFDHUgofLZXOFCkC0a57j9FcQ

54 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

SLICK!! YOUR TEXT IS FADING , YOU HAVE TO GO BACK IN TIME AND FIX THE TIMELINE 

Welcome to the shit we Dark Theme users have to put up with every day :P

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

I do think LTT doesnt doesnt go deep enough in stuff they do, for that their videos would have to be longer, and thats fine.
I dont like all the meme stuff, I dont like the thumbnails. I also dislike videos like the anti rgb pc, I havent actually watched it.

But Scrapyard is the one show I DONT want to be shorter its fun.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Just now, Energycore said:

Welcome to the shit we Dark Theme users have to put up with every day :P

then fix the fucking auto settings , this is not copy paste , its hand written , and so was lukes text 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

Just now, Space Reptile said:

then fix the fucking auto settings , this is not copy paste , its hand written , and so was lukes text 

I'd rather not edit Luke's stuff, you can read it if you highlight it.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

@Slick

Have you just deleted your first post/s people because were upset about? 

That is something I have not experienced here from any LMG members. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

3 hours ago, Orangeator said:

His tags for this post, "bad videos", "the best ideas", "the biggest ideas".

That was a joke btw ;) 

3 hours ago, Slick said:

My attempt at a light hearted joke response went rather terribly so i'll go with something a little more straightforward.

We do make a lot of videos that are jokes or trolls.. and as is the nature of these things sometimes they don't go so well! We release a video every day.. It can be hard to perfectly hit the mark every time.. Also please consider that some people may enjoy some things that you don't! Although the comments and like/dislike and whatnot can communicate when most people aren't into it and we constantly try to learn and grow from this.

The thumbnails are well addressed here - 

We have always been silly, we have always trolled, we have always made jokes, we have always pushed the bar, we have always tried new things.

Sometimes we're too silly. Somtimes we troll a little too much. Sometimes our jokes aren't funny. Somtimes we drop the bar. Sometimes the things we choose to try are not the right things.

And we will continue to do all of these things, we will continue to make mistakes, but we will also make a ton of awesome content while doing so.

Thanks for watching and hopefully the future of our content pleases you more

Good Evening-

It was not the intent of my open letter to be a "stick in the mud", and to say that I don't like XX or YY therefore you shouldn't do it.. but to your point it's possible that i'm doing just that from other's perspective.   I can certainly appreciate that some folks like various types of content.

Over the last few weeks/months it seems that the a trend has developed, and as a fan I wanted to share my opinion with the hope that I could influence future content to the benefit of the entire community and Linus Media Group.

I believe that 90% of your content is top quality, and in most ways your group continues to provide quality content.  I was trying to share an outsider's standpoint on consistency of your brand messaging.

Additionally, Linus Media Group (LMG) stands in a unique position to influence the industry as a whole.  Not just for enthusiasts, but for working professionals who make day-to-day decisions about how to run their IT shops.  As an example: We were looking at upgrading the laptops for one of our divisions and LMG's videos allowed me to know that the next generation of Intel mobile processors would be a benefit for our team to include/wait for.

There are a great many unresolved technical problems that effect professionals, causal non-techies, and enthusiasts that LMG has an opportunity to test and address thus informing the community as a whole while providing entertaining content.

My biggest concern for LMG, which i was trying to express, is the protection of your brand image, and where you position yourselves in the market.   As noted above there are many problems that your corp can assist the public with, but if the brand doesn't protect it's image it becomes irrelevant to the people who can influence purchasing decisions (professionals), and becomes only entertainment.  This would result in an inability to convey meaningful content when you want to do so.

I'm a huge LMG brand ambassador and will continue to be so for years to come.  I'm envious of the folks who can decide what content gets created and delivered to the public and just want to play my small part in the process.

If this attempt at communication has done nothing else perhaps I see LMG as a corporation with a brand to protect and an important message to convey, while LMG themselves may prefer to be seen as entertainment first and educational as a secondary objective.

There's nothing wrong with that.. just seems like the messaging has changed over the years and I would hate for you to lose your core audience in the process of evolving.

3 hours ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

This paragraph made me lose a lot of respect for this post, putting it all out there as a fan is one thing but *hint hint* personal gain kinda stuff always drives me crazy. To address the rest of your post, their channel has grown exponentially since they started doing the things you hate, they still do put out content for us more computer savy folk, but it is a business and they have to do what's best for growth.

To respond to this comment and many other's like it -

Yes I am a fan.  

No I don't have a lot of cash, I have 2 kids and live paycheck to paycheck like most of you.  If i lost my job tomorrow, my lifestyle and ability to pay bills would be immediately effected. 

I, like every one of you, get's paid for their intellectual contribution towards the company you work for.  I'm not sitting on a pile of cash, obviously, and would not turn down the opportunity for a consulting opportunity where i could contribute towards the voice of the generation.

In regards to the gear.  If you read my ask, it was not "hey give me free stuff....", it was a gentle ask for a fair price on a rig i need to update in the near future.  If anyone else has equipment they want to sell at a fair price, feel free to PM me.

17 minutes ago, JustAnotherGamerInHis30s said:

To respond to this comment and many other's like it -

Yes I am a fan.  

No I don't have a lot of cash, I have 2 kids and live paycheck to paycheck like most of you.  If i lost my job tomorrow, my lifestyle and ability to pay bills would be immediately effected. 

I, like every one of you, get's paid for their intellectual contribution towards the company you work for.  I'm not sitting on a pile of cash, obviously, and would not turn down the opportunity for a consulting opportunity where i could contribute towards the voice of the generation.

In regards to the gear.  If you read my ask, it was not "hey give me free stuff....", it was a gentle ask for a fair price on a rig i need to update in the near future.  If anyone else has equipment they want to sell at a fair price, feel free to PM me.

LTT hires writers from time to time.  Next time they're hiring, you can apply and sign up to move to British Columbia. :P

I just hope that new people who are getting into PCs are watching Linus as 'xd lol this kid he painted a motherboard' and not for 'ok this is how a 1080ti compares against a 1080'

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

4 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Make a diss track on Linus! Diss Tracks are the hip thing to do!

Reveal hidden contents

/s

I hope you're joking.

Just now, KJalchemist said:

I hope you're joking.

How many /s's do I need? xD

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

I'm not saying I agree or disagree, but why did you think they were compensating you?

1 minute ago, KJalchemist said:

I'm not saying I agree or disagree, but why did you think they were compensating you?

I Bamboozled myself whoops.

6 minutes ago, KJalchemist said:

I hope you're joking.

/s means sarcasm.

30 minutes ago, JustAnotherGamerInHis30s said:

There's a hot deals section on the website. Maybe check that out. 

I think @AshleyAshes said it the best way:

12 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Next time they're hiring, you can apply

Just now, fpo said:

I think @AshleyAshes said it the best way:

It's not ever sarcasm.  I have a friend who managed to literally do that and they packed up for BC for the job.  It's funny how at one point I was re-viewing their example scripts for the job and I was commenting 'You know how fanfiction often doesn't have the tone or style of it's source material?  This isn't like this.  This actually SOUNDS like LTT content when I read it.' to me seeing their real scripts in real videos on the YT channel.

5 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Make a diss track on Linus! Diss Tracks are the hip thing to do!

Hide contents

/s

Sorry my dude

5 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

It's not ever sarcasm.  I have a friend who managed to literally do that and they packed up for BC for the job.  It's funny how at one point I was re-viewing their example scripts for the job and I was commenting 'You know how fanfiction often doesn't have the tone or style of it's source material?  This isn't like this.  This actually SOUNDS like LTT content when I read it.' to me seeing their real scripts in real videos on the YT channel.

That's pretty cool that your friend managed that level of comprehension, and skill. 

I wish OP luck in writing that kind of stuff to satisfy his lust for other types of content.