Sea of thieves will literally run on a potato, 540p and 15fps "playable" according to dev.

shermantanker

attachment.php?attachmentid=344500&d=141

At launch Sea of Thieves will have wide FOVs and will support 4K and 60fps, says the game's executive producer Joe Neat, however those playing on less powerful machines will be considered too. 

"We're trying to go as low as possible," explains Neat. "We have an idea of what the minimum specs are but aren't quite ready to reveal them. We've actually been inviting people below our current plan for minimum specs into the technical alpha so we can test a number things on the performance side. This game looks so great regardless of the device you're playing on. Of course it's gonna look great in 4K, 60fps but it also looks great at minimum spec because the art style is purposefully timeless."

Timmins adds: "We've actually added a 540p mode, so you can go below HD. We've also added a 15 fps framerate lock because when we were talking to the community some people were like: I'm actually happy playing 15 frames per second. We were like: that's actually really cool, we should support that. And to them go to them and say, oh, we've added that mode for you—it's below our Rare certified min spec, but if you're enjoying the game, why should we as developers knock you for that?"

Now that is what I call support lol. You could run this crap on a 10 year old netbook, and still have fun according to them lol. I don't know if I would call a locked 15 FPS playable, but hell if someone wants to play at that... go at it.

PC Gamer

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

15FPS lock? WTF? That's unplayable! :/

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

There maybe something like certain tablets that a locked 15 FPS would improve the gameplay?

They forgot to mention that you still need a 1080Ti to power even 540p @ 15fps mode. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Optional lock, its basically a joke.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

It definitely brings the benefit of being able to play this game on older hardware. Its also nice to see that they are supporting this segment of 'low end', but you could only probably play this game on a really old crappy machine. 

4 minutes ago, shermantanker said:

We're trying to go as low as possible,"

They definitely claim this by the 540p res and locked 15fps.

Where did my celeron d go... 

PC:

• Ryzen 3 3100X @4.4GHz 1.275V
  • 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT with Micron B-Die @3400 CL18-19-17-32 1.35V (I could fine tune it better but I am too lazy)
  • Fortis 3 HE1425 with a top plate painted by me
  • Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev 2
  • Corsair MP600 1TB for Linux (main)
  • Toshiba Q Series Pro 256GB for windows
  • Asus X570 TUF Gaming Plus
  • Be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750W

Peripherials:

• IBM Model F AT
  • Logitech G603 which I currently broke (I need some super glue to fix it, lol) so I am using G402 as a cheapo replacement
  • Worn out Steelseries QCK+
  • Sennheiser HD600 for music
  • AKG K712 for gaming
  • Sony DHC-MD373
  • 2x Samsung Syncmaster 2243 + NEC EA244WMi

My first PC was an athlon II with 1gb of ram on vista, and that could probably play this game lol

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

10 minutes ago, BloodyWaters said:

As someone who had to play on a Pentium 3 for a while, that's very playable. 

I had to play Arma 2 on AMD Turion II with HD5400 mobile graphics on moded settings below LOW. 15FPS was a god send and very playable back then :D

So they added the console version's resolution/framerate to the PC version? kappatwitchtv.gif?1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

6 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I had to play Arma 2 on AMD Turion II with HD5400 mobile graphics on moded settings below LOW. 15FPS was a god send and very playable back then :D

The good old days, when 720p was a extremely high resolution. 

I cant wait for those wizard101 graphics

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

This is like the SJW response "since not all gamers can afford 60 fps 4K gaming rigs and because they didn't check their privileged we're locking everyone into 15 fps"

Fuck night theme users

That was a joke in case anyone without a brain doesn't realise.

the above statement is to both jokes

Yours faithfully

540p@15fps, that's console mode basically. /s

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

540p@15fps, that's console mode basically. /s

Yeah...and all those PC gamers with expensive PCs get served console ports xD /s

24 minutes ago, BloodyWaters said:

The good old days, when 720p was a extremely high resolution. 

I remember when 1024x768 was great. :/

So my Bay Trail tablet can play?

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

When you look at cinema 28.8 fps or something like that. It seems like it would be god awful. But i think Linus explains in a video, its the frame timings along side the fps that lets movies look almost perfect, but play at 28.8fps.

This is about half that, so i'm not saying it would be perfect, but i can see where it wont be quite as bad as some might think.

G-Sync/freesync helps too for nvidia/amd. there are definitely videos on that and it makes dips to the 40's and 30's look no where near as bad as normal.

15 fps sucks, but it might not be quite as bad if they are sync'd

Now built in frame sync. That would be the best if even possible. lol

39 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I remember when 1024x768 was great. :/

And square monitors...

7 minutes ago, BloodyWaters said:

And square monitors...

I also remember a day when people knew what 'Squares' were and that any rectangle with a ratio other than 1:1 was most certainly not a 'square'... But we apparently don't teach that in 3rd grade anymore.