Amd threadripper package

Looks very original. I like it :)

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

2 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

There are computer store staff members across the world going 'HOW THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO STACK THOSE ON SHELVES!?' right now.

Pretty easy, they are flat at the top and bottom lol

The thing that disappoints me the most is that they don't drop these from a satellite in space and have it drop at my front door.

Looks awesome for retail package though. Something dfferent and new. Rounded textured box with transparent window. :)

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Can we just sit back for a moment and appreciate the fact that on top of the core count, PCIe lanes, solder, and power efficiency, AMD is even using more expensive packaging than Intel and still charging significantly less?

Oh, and...

3 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

You actually think, that's the retail package? xD

2 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Has to be a review package. Like the Intel 5960X one. 

Actually...

@_MrYosi: OMG is that the actual retail package??

@AMDRyzen: Yes, yes it is!

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

2 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Because the cooler necessary to cool such a CPU would have to be big and expensive ;) We know how hot i9s run, we know how much power they draw (an OC'd 7900X 10-core can draw over 600W with the rest of the system under a CPU stress with the GPU in idle...) and while we don't know how TR will perform in that department, we can take an educated guess on that judging by what we know about how power-efficient Zen architecture is and that AMD solders their Ryzen CPUs, a 120mm AIO could be a decent entry-level cooling for TR.

that and also the fact that so many places are reporting this that it seams like a legit thing AMD will be doing it, suggests that it's definitely doable with the stock cooler, as the fact that AMD might be providing this cooler and their track record of their coolers (30W over the CPUs TDPs) suggests that the 120mm rad will be more than enough

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

6 hours ago, MadModder said:

It looks like an underwater robot camera. What's inside the box is the exciting bit though. 9_9

- Can you zoom in on that?

- Enhance!

- Zoom, Enhance!

UkVd6fE.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

As much as the GPU side of things is kind of wonky at the moment, I've got to give the CPU side of AMD some credit for the marketing. If you're going to sell a Premium product, at least package it like a premium product. 

Well, looks like I'm buying a Threadripper processor.   Not the Motherboard, RAM, case, PSU, etc.  Just the processor.  I was hoping to find a $800 paperweight that looks that good and here it is.  Every day I can stare at it and say that I own a Threadripper. :D

*No, I'm not really a fanboy who would actually do that, but I wouldn't mind owning the box*

9 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

-Lisa: I want to send a subtle message to intel.

-PR team: Say no more fam:

Image result for eye of sauron

@Sauron is that you?

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

10 hours ago, Embattled said:

I know at this tier of CPU price becomes less of a factor, but also at this price point wouldn't most people want to buy their own cooling solution.

I dunno about that as they really ain't targeting these at people who build custom loops, they are HEDT CPU's serious work horses, yeah the price brings them into the realm of us mere consumers but rather think these build into rigs with Quadro or Pro cards and than that cooler is amazing, The other use of these is coming in servers and the IBM/HP/Dell will already have a cooling solution in place. 

I agree, would suck for the few elite who will buy it for their home rig and will custom loop it but with that budget don't think they going to worry much. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

that looks like it would be fun for my cat

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

12 hours ago, grimreeper132 said:

If thats the actual box that you buy it in then I really like it, it looks so fluffy, and protective (the main thing) meaning it's unlikely that the postman who doesn't understand the word "fragile" and "handle with care" and has literally chucked things with those words into my porch, it might mean if I get one it will arrive in one piece

Or protects against a person like @LinusTech who likes to drop expensive items. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Still can't believe AMD's managed to play catch-up after having inferior architectures and CPU for nearly a decade. Even with their low R&D budget.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

18 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Be funny if they ended up sending him a personalized one to test.

.... sigh ...

Do I need to go to college, or do I need Threadripper?

College or Threadripper...

College

or Threadripper...

I'm honestly thinking about it.  Tough decision.

obviously I'm fucking joking...

I'm getting Threadripper.

Still joking..

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

9 hours ago, Dash Lambda said:

Can we just sit back for a moment and appreciate the fact that on top of the core count, PCIe lanes, solder, and power efficiency, AMD is even using more expensive packaging than Intel and still charging significantly less?

Oh, and...

Actually...

Looks like it's missing the outer cardboard package.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

But can you fit a whole system inside that box?

Edit: Actually, looking at it again its actually big enough seeing that most of SFF cases are actually smaller than that. Are there pictures of the whole box, or at least the backside, who knows it may have cut-outs for I/O ports lol. "AMD ships with AIO and a Case with Threadripper" lol

Edited by JuNex03

2 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

that looks like it would be fun for my cat

Kitty?  If you'd ever feel like it I wouldn't say no to pm'd kitty pictures.  ?

1 hour ago, Dabombinable said:

Still can't believe AMD's managed to play catch-up after having inferior architectures and CPU for nearly a decade. Even with their low R&D budget.

Considering the lower IPC and clock speeds I wouldn't say AMD completely succeeded at catching up.    They've come rather close though.  Like 70% maybe?

-10% lower ipc

-10% lower clock speeds

-10% ram and other issues that there might be

So still competitive and worth using for cases where Ryzen wins but it needs refinement.  

1 hour ago, kaiju_wars said:

.... sigh ...

College

or Threadripper...

I'm honestly thinking about it.  Tough decision.

obviously I'm fucking joking...

I'm getting Threadripper.

Still joking..

You could just take a semester off for "tech purchase health reasons". ?

3 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Kitty?  If you'd ever feel like it I wouldn't say no to pm'd kitty pictures.  ?

Considering the lower IPC and clock speeds I wouldn't say AMD completely succeeded at catching up.    They've come rather close though.  Like 70% maybe?

-10% lower ipc

-10% lower clock speeds

-10% ram and other issues that there might be

So still competitive and worth using for cases where Ryzen wins but it needs refinement.  

You could just take a semester off for "tech purchase health reasons". ?

Um... AM4 is also a much newer platform compared to LGA1151... which came out in what... 2015?  There will be issues, and for the most part, they're ironed out now.

Also, I know with at least Ryzen 5 and Core i5s... minus the 1600 vs 7600K, AMD actually has higher stock clock speeds.  (not sure about R7 vs i7).

Also, no, I need to finish school.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

1 hour ago, kaiju_wars said:

.... sigh ...

College

or Threadripper...

You forgot the obvious solution.  Get TR, then take online courses with said TR computer.  Best of both worlds. ;) 

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

my postman is a bigger danger to tech than linus, cause at least linus drops it, he chucks/lobs it

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more