Amd threadripper package

this is definitely nicer than just your average CPU box.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

RIP those who just bought any of the Skylake-E i7 or i9.

If these can be overclocked to 3.9GHz then not only their performance will be similar to the i7/i9 7800X, 7820X, 7900X in games but faster in productivity as shown below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfNMn7RWgLw

EDIT: Oops wrong thread but still relevant.

EDIT 2: I see someone with a 7820X here ;) 

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

16 minutes ago, themctipers said:

ugly as shit

You actually think, that's the retail package?

xD

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

5 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

There are computer store staff members across the world going 'HOW THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO STACK THOSE ON SHELVES!?' right now.

I feel bad for them, they are like now a new stacking method must be invented 

Just now, NumLock21 said:

You actually think, that's the retail package?

xD

im just saying its ugly as shit.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

It looks like an underwater robot camera. What's inside the box is the exciting bit though. 9_9

Best Excuses:

#1(simple) "Well, I never liked that stupid thing anyway!"

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."

7 minutes ago, themctipers said:

im just saying its ugly as shit.

Looks are a subjective matter so that's only your opinion. Which doesn't mean much (no offense) ^_^

IMO it's definitely original, whether it's looking nice or not is up to an individual to judge. But I'd also take that over Intel's current packaging which isn't impressive at all.

P.S. I certainly hope that this further confirms stock 120mm AIO rumours (judging by the size of the package)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

21 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

There are computer store staff members across the world going 'HOW THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO STACK THOSE ON SHELVES!?' right now.

the top looks like it might be flat enough to stack them together

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

30 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Looks are a subjective matter so that's only your opinion. Which doesn't mean much (no offense) ^_^

IMO it's definitely original, whether it's looking nice or not is up to an individual to judge. But I'd also take that over Intel's current packaging which isn't impressive at all.

P.S. I certainly hope that this further confirms stock 120mm AIO rumours (judging by the size of the package)

I really hope the 120mm AIO rumors are untrue if they are not going to sell a version without the cooler (which I am sure they will).

Just now, Embattled said:

I really hope the 120mm AIO rumors are untrue if they are not going to sell a version without the cooler (which I am sure they will).

An AIO is always an AIO, adds value to the package and worst-case-scenario? You sell it and get back some of the CPU cost.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

An AIO is always an AIO, adds value to the package and worst-case-scenario? You sell it and get back some of the CPU cost.

I know at this tier of CPU price becomes less of a factor, but also at this price point wouldn't most people want to buy their own cooling solution.

Didn't apple patent round corners? :D

Looks cool, but far out of my budget - that CPU alone is 2 or 3 times the cost of my system over the years...

Xeon e5649@4.4 GHz on Asus Rampage II Extreme or Gigabyte x58a-OC (whatever I feel like to set up at a time) , 6x4 GB Kingston HyperX 1600, Gainward GTX 670 Phantom, Samsung 840 Evo 240 GB, BeQuiet L8 530W

has to be a review package. Like the Intel 5960X one. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

5 minutes ago, Embattled said:

I know at this tier of CPU price becomes less of a factor, but also at this price point wouldn't most people want to buy their own cooling solution.

That depends on how you look at it. If you can get a 12 core TR for 400$ less than a 12 core i9, and the TR comes with additional value of a 120mm AiO then there is a huuge price gap.

What's more, despite TR's lower IPC, it has a higher base clock (which might be due to Intel's Skylake-X architecture not being as energy efficient as Zen and the i9 not being soldered so the thermals might be an issue too with 12 cores under the IHS).

Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

That depends on how you look at it. If you can get a 12 core TR for 400$ less than a 12 core i9, and the TR comes with additional value of a 120mm AiO then there is a huuge price gap.

What's more, despite TR's lower IPC, it has a higher base clock (which might be due to Intel's Skylake-X architecture not being as energy efficient as Zen and the i9 not being soldered so the thermals might be an issue too with 12 cores under the IHS).

You still have to pay for the AIO though. Additionally it adds cost in the form of shipping, RnD (or more likely contracting), and again not everyone wants an 120mm AiO as their cooling solution. Of course they are going to have an AiOless SKU which renders my griping pointless. 

There is a reason though that intel doesn't include even the basic stock cooler with their high end CPUs.

54 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

I am just wondering will the 120mm AIOs which may or may not be coming with threadripper will the be compatible with the current AM4 boards so I can sell them on ebay to someone otherwise they might be hard to sell on for quite a while

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

7 minutes ago, Embattled said:

You still have to pay for the AIO though. Additionally it adds cost in the form of shipping, RnD (or more likely contracting), and again not everyone wants an 120mm AiO as their cooling solution. Of course they are going to have an AiOless SKU which renders my griping pointless. 

There is a reason though that intel doesn't include even the basic stock cooler with their high end CPUs.

because their stock coolers could not even dream of keeping one of them cool I am expecting them to require 240-360mm rads as they just don't look coolable otherwise

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

20 minutes ago, Embattled said:

Because the cooler necessary to cool such a CPU would have to be big and expensive ;) We know how hot i9s run, we know how much power they draw (an OC'd 7900X 10-core can draw over 600W with the rest of the system under a CPU stress with the GPU in idle...) and while we don't know how TR will perform in that department, we can take an educated guess on that judging by what we know about how power-efficient Zen architecture is and that AMD solders their Ryzen CPUs, a 120mm AIO could be a decent entry-level cooling for TR.

gib nao

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)