A gaming chair that maybe we can afford? Thanks Corsair!

Office chair > Gaming chair any day

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

25 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Ass sweat is none issue for me (as long as it isn't leather), but doesn't the mesh stretch over time? Can't it be ripped easily. Sometimes I like to sit with my under my ass (I know its not ergo to do... but I like to change positions for a short moment)... won't the mesh be uncomfortable under such case?

I haven't seen any kind of streatch on mine, and as far as tears I'm gonna guess that it depends on quality. I have a cat that lives in my room, and she hasn't torn it yet.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

35 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Sometimes I like to sit with my under my ass

My imagination is running wild here divining the word you've omitted.  Have managed to come up with no small number of things that would make for some great BDSM films.

1 hour ago, NickTheMajin said:

I spent $400 on my DxRacer chair because fuck it. It looks awesome and is super comfortable. 

It cheapens an otherwise decently set up room.  Also it might just be the angle of the picture, but it looks like a few of the panels in your wall art are crooked.

27 minutes ago, TimeOmnivore said:

If you follow JayzTwoCents, that's the chair he switched to when he got his new office space; he mentions it in his review of their desk at about 6:15, if you're curious.

Agree with Jay 100% here.  Also a car guy, and if I'm not sitting in something that moves, I'll take a quality mesh office chair in a heartbeat.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

Thanks @TimeOmnivore, I think I finally found my new chair.

Strangely, it says "pre-order" on their website... It's not out?!

https://www.autonomous.ai/office-chair

Or am I looking at the wrong thing.

Wonder if they ship to Canada as well.

Edit: Oh they do! Wonderful! Only  $406.64 for shipping and handling... lovely. :(

26 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

My imagination is running wild here divining the word you've omitted.  Have managed to come up with no small number of things that would make for some great BDSM films.

LOL!

"Sometimes I like to sit with my foot under my ass", but I guess now, it doesn't help anything. :D

Lol people saying shit about dx racer chairs

I'm close to 40 been through many i mean many chairs spent great amount of money on them

I been using dx racer for over 3years

I find it comfortable and great quality

And the reclining is fabulously exotic, my woman and I think it's great addition to the office

2 minutes ago, pas008 said:

exotic, my woman, great addition to the office

I get it!

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

What's with all these "racing" chairs? Why not just get a proper desk chair, something that was designed for sitting at a desk? You don't need the headrest, since you're unlikely to get whiplash at a desk, same goes for all the side bolstering, you won't slip out of your seat under hard cornering.

This things are just a bit ridiculous.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

7 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

I get it!

Perhaps at the same time? 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

3 hours ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

People say this all the time... the difference look past "gaming" in these names. The chair themslves are very high quality, whether it be DXRacer, Maxnomic ect. There are other brands that are cheaper as well lik GT Omega Racing or Tesorro and ya, you're spending $200-$300 on a chair but you're ass is sitting on it the entire time you use your PC. I'd rather it not be some shit chair that'll fall apart in 6-12 months.

I think spending that much on a chair is absurd plus they're ugly as hell, "gamer cheese". Just my opinion.

I've been standing the past few months and its ok. All I've done lately is bench though.

39 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

What's with all these "racing" chairs? Why not just get a proper desk chair, something that was designed for sitting at a desk? You don't need the headrest, since you're unlikely to get whiplash at a desk, same goes for all the side bolstering, you won't slip out of your seat under hard cornering.

I've owned 2 $200 office chairs. After 4-6 months both of them started to squeak and the padding got flat. I've not "owned" a gamer chair yet but these chairs force you to sit in them in proper means and a friend of mine owns a maxnomic. The one chair I've sat in that doesn't give me back pain after an 2 hours of sitting in it.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

You guys do know that these chairs are all manufactured for cheap in China and can be bought through AliExpress or Alibaba, right?

3 hours ago, Notional said:

So unless you are hyper fapping into the n'th dimension, you won't need those things on a desktop chair. Instead, you frack up your shoulders. 

Genuinely asking, as I'd like to read up on it - Do you have a source on the wings damaging/hurting the shoulders?

Amazing chair (fully loaded)

111.jpg.703e32a1cd97fe82c30a70b0eed8fa2d.jpg

And on that note: there's no such thing as a 'gaming chair'. If you're sitting most of the day - do your back a favor because nothing is worse than having lower back pain by the time you're in your early-mid 20's. Check out stuff from Herman Miller and Steelcase. A quality chair will last you a long time (you'll save money in the long run).

I recently purchased an aeron (2016 version) and I couldn't be happier.

Some recommendations

HM - Embody (most expensive option)
HM - Aeron
HM - Mirra 2 (cheaper option)

Steelcase - Leap
Steelcase - Think

All Herman Miller products come with a 12 year warranty btw. Not too sure about steelcase though. Another thing to note: mesh chairs will keep you cooler during the hot summer months.

i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz |:| Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H |:| Noctua NH-D14 |:| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti XE |:| G.Skill 8GB 1600 |:| Samsung EVO 250GB |:| WD Caviar Blue 1TB |:| XFX 750W BE |:| Corsair 450D |:|
ASUS PG348Q |:| Moon Neo 230HAD Dac/Amp |:| Sennheiser HD 800 |:| Logitech G900 |:| Ducky Premier (MX-Reds)

There is a lot of dislike for gaming chairs, personally I understand all of it! They are dumb but they aren't bad. Are there cheaper chairs, yes. Are there better ergonomic chairs? Yes. Does anyone make anything in between, No... 

I have a Dxracer, but not one of the Formula ones, i think it was a King or Wide series. 

My friend has a Formula chair. The difference in quality, the size was incredible and about every aspect of my chair (wide series) was better and it was only a little bit more money. 

So i would definitely agree that some of the chairs are expensive garbage, but some aren't too bad and better than most of the competition. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

9 hours ago, dexT said:

Just buy a sub $100 office chair. Even sub $50 are good.

you won't be saying that 20 or 30 years from now when your back is rekt to shit

Corsair 600T | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz | Samsung SSD Evo 970 1TB | MS Windows 10 | Samsung CF791 34" | 16GB 1600 MHz Kingston DDR3 HyperX | ASUS Formula VI | Corsair H110  Corsair AX1200i | ASUS Strix Vega 56 8GB Internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4365368180

i never understood the reason why people got these

then i tried one....

775be601ddd3900571ecb4271204b089.jpg

149574232576372.gif.645703158ab1a86d19bceb2fb792985e.gif

(if people don't get it, he says "i don't need it" until it zooms out and he raises his mouth and fires up into the air like a rocket and then he says "I NEED IT!!!!")

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

Have an Ikea Markus myself, it's great. Wouldn't dream of spending that much on a bloody chair.

i7 8086k @ 5.3Ghz / 32GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB @ 3733Mhz / Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps / PG348Q

5 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Oh wow, in the US you have a nice selection of chairs... in Canada its 100% crap. Although I am always afraid with those mesh chair things.

You're looking in the wrong places then. http://grshop.com/aeron-chairs.html

Their showroom is in Victoria and shipping is free.

i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz |:| Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H |:| Noctua NH-D14 |:| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti XE |:| G.Skill 8GB 1600 |:| Samsung EVO 250GB |:| WD Caviar Blue 1TB |:| XFX 750W BE |:| Corsair 450D |:|
ASUS PG348Q |:| Moon Neo 230HAD Dac/Amp |:| Sennheiser HD 800 |:| Logitech G900 |:| Ducky Premier (MX-Reds)

I literally would just go out and buy a nice office chair. 

Imo "gaming chairs" are a gimmick. 

I make bad life decisions.

16 hours ago, Rangaman42 said:

If you're sitting up at your desk an office chair is fine.

I use my "gaming" chair as an all around entertainment/media chair meaning I will go from sitting straight up while at the keyboard to leaning back a bit while gaming with a controller to reclining while watching TV/movies and even napping in it.

These "gaming" chairs are a jack of all trades master of none type of chair that fills the gap between an office chair and a recliner.

An office chair is good while at your desk but sucks if you want to lean back and relax.

A recliner is great for relaxing in but sucks for sitting at a desk.

would rather get the herman miller aeron chair than any racer chair, my back would thank me 10 years from now

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

5 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

would rather get the herman miller aeron chair than any racer chair, my back would thank me 10 years from now

And you won't look like a 15 year old

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.