A gaming chair that maybe we can afford? Thanks Corsair!

Still pricey so it should be very good though yeah so many racing style gaming chairs. Why racing, like you'll fall on sides or something like in fast car.

Either way, if it's comfy good I guess.
I need to get a new good chair asap though... Still not sure which.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I really do need to get away from my 5$ goodwill office chair but i don't think this is the one for me.  I do kinda like the wheels though.  I can never pick up dog hair fast enough to keep it out of the wheels

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

what's wrong a with basic good quality office chair?  Are they not designed to be sat in all day and not get fatigued or lose concentration?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Getting a graphics card that plays 1440p and entry 4K or a fucking chair? What to do?

Eh, I'd much rather get the Autonomous Ergochair 2 for $350 USD - better custom ergonomics for the same price seems like a much better deal to me.

5 minutes ago, elago said:

Getting a graphics card that plays 1440p and entry 4K or a fucking chair? What to do?

Does present a dilemma if you made that post while sitting on an overturned pail/bucket or stack of milk crates.

Is there no option for a cloth upholstery?

I poked around real quick and it looked like it only came in leather and I absolutly hate leather for seats/chairs with a passion.

I feel that these "racing" gamey chairs are just a fad started by YouTubers who want to show off their expensive chairs that they got for free anyways. 

Well that Corsair is cheaper than this

Vertagear Trigger 350 special edition with a msrp of $900.

9070_vertagear%20triigger%20350%20se.png

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

$350 isn't affordable. Right here is a pretty solid gaming chair for $240 or even less https://www.amazon.com/Tesoro-Balance-Gaming-TS-F710-RD/dp/B01N9868V8

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

3 hours ago, dexT said:

Just buy a sub $100 office chair. Even sub $50 are good.

People say this all the time... the difference look past "gaming" in these names. The chair themslves are very high quality, whether it be DXRacer, Maxnomic ect. There are other brands that are cheaper as well lik GT Omega Racing or Tesorro and ya, you're spending $200-$300 on a chair but you're ass is sitting on it the entire time you use your PC. I'd rather it not be some shit chair that'll fall apart in 6-12 months.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

3 hours ago, Verne said:

$350 is pretty common price for these crappy racer chairs, though. Nothing affordable about this one compared to the competition. These "gaming chair makers" need to start making proper ergonomic chairs instead of these racing chair copies that are done to death.

The things you want from a computer chair are pretty much the opposite of what you'd want in a supportive car seat like a Recaro.  All that extra bolstering is great to hold you in place when you're in a car that's getting chucked around corners.  The Corsair gaming chair has more bolstering than the RSX TypeS seats I have in my accord.

On a computer chair it's pretty stupid.  Depending on the game I'm playing, my Ikea Malkolm chair is pretty great even though it lacks most adjustments, but I'll also just use my Yogibo beanbag chair if I'm gaming with a controller.

Give me a super-adjustable, high quality office chair, and keep the side bolsters in my car that I actually race on weekends.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

1a4.jpg

"Gaming" chairs are utter useless. Not only do you pay a lot for a chair with a focus on aesthetics, but you even get a chair with very poor ergonomics. Those "wings" on the side are used in cars to keep you from sliding out when you experience increased g's when doing a turn at high speed. So unless you are hyper fapping into the n'th dimension, you won't need those things on a desktop chair. Instead, you frack up your shoulders. 

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

3 hours ago, Loot said:

I bought a nice $60 (i thought) brown pleather office chair mid back with armrests and its already falling apart (pleather is chipping off and i think one of the mounts broke the other day as i found a piece of round metal on the carpet) and ive only had it about 2 yrs

so i definitely wanna buy a quality chair soon that will last me 5+ yrs  most of these "gaming chairs" have a 5yr warranty

I picked up a floor model of this at my old staples for $160, and it is freaking amazing.

http://www.staples.com/Raynor-nefil-Elite-Smart-Motion-Mesh-Managers-Chair/product_SS1094865?akamai-feo=off

Would like to get a Herman Miller Aeron, but they are $700-900.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

Amazon has Aerons used for around 500. Still a lot, but worth it. 

Lets play connect the dots!

::::::::::

3 hours ago, maybethisnamewillwork said:

So what's the aim of these gaming chairs? Why would someone choose this instead of a comfortable office chair?

I spent $400 on my DxRacer chair because fuck it. It looks awesome and is super comfortable. 

47 minutes ago, shermantanker said:

I picked up a floor model of this at my old staples for $160, and it is freaking amazing.

http://www.staples.com/Raynor-nefil-Elite-Smart-Motion-Mesh-Managers-Chair/product_SS1094865?akamai-feo=off

Oh wow, in the US you have a nice selection of chairs... in Canada its 100% crap. Although I am always afraid with those mesh chair things.

I've always thought the idea of a "gaming" chair was horrible. They go more for flash and racer looks than actual comfort or ergonomics. Especially with these designs, which are pretty clearly just cheap car "racing" seats attached to a base.

I can't wait until this whole fad is over.

If you're spending this much on a chair, you might as well spend an extra $75 and buy an open box item from Herman Miller, or something from any number of more properly supportive companies.

3 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

It is nice to see cheaper options, especially if the quality and comfort remains the same.

The problem I have, is that all I see is a car racing seat with a office chair system slap under it.

Like, do you really need the side shoulder opening? I guess gaming for some gets so intense that you need to buckle up (I mean this is what the manufactures of these chairs thinks).

Just make a normal ergonomic chair. There is a market for it, I just don't understand why no one is tapping into it.

Right now you have overpriced crappy chairs at Staples or whatever, and you have 1000$ chairs because they assume that companies will buy them.

I'd almost guarantee that's all it is. I bet you can find the exact same seat offered for actual cars, or similar vehicles.

The problem with making an ergonomic chair is that it takes a lotttt of work. I think Corsair is more in this to make a quick buck and that's that.

3 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

349.99 is affordable what? that's like the price of a gtx 1070.! and has no rgb

id rather get this for cheaper 

http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/spr/19031737/

I agree that the price is unreasonable, but that chair you linked looks soooo uncomfortable!

3 hours ago, Loot said:

I bought a nice $60 (i thought) brown pleather office chair mid back with armrests and its already falling apart (pleather is chipping off and i think one of the mounts broke the other day as i found a piece of round metal on the carpet) and ive only had it about 2 yrs

so i definitely wanna buy a quality chair soon that will last me 5+ yrs  most of these "gaming chairs" have a 5yr warranty

I'd check what the warranty covers though. I highly doubt they cover return shipping, so if something large fails you're out of luck. If small pieces break, they ship you replacements and you have to hope you can install them yourself.

I bought a chair that was $60 on sale at Staples. It had way more adjustments than these chairs, and it was super comfortable. Lasted 4 years before it started to show signs of wear, and most of those were caused by a puppy.

These are just unnecessary, and far from "quality". Corsair is simply cashing in on a trend.

2 hours ago, Loot said:

idk if i bought 3 of the type (roughtly $180) I have and they last an avg of 2 yrs or  $175-250 for a gaming chair that will last 5-10yrs i think you are still going to be better paying more upfront

Highly unlikely it'll last anywhere near that long.

18 minutes ago, TimeOmnivore said:

Eh, I'd much rather get the Autonomous Ergochair 2 for $350 USD - better custom ergonomics for the same price seems like a much better deal to me.

Interesting, that actually looks like a pretty solid chair. I'll wait for reviews to come out, but I'll add it to my list of potential candidates for a replacement. Thank you sir.

9 minutes ago, Snadzies said:

Is there no option for a cloth upholstery?

I poked around real quick and it looked like it only came in leather and I absolutly hate leather for seats/chairs with a passion.

More options = greater risk. I'm surprised they offer more than one colorway.

I love leather, if it's quality. This isn't even real, so it'd likely be pretty shitty.

1 hour ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

People say this all the time... the difference look past "gaming" in these names. The chair themslves are very high quality, whether it be DXRacer, Maxnomic ect. There are other brands that are cheaper as well lik GT Omega Racing or Tesorro and ya, you're spending $200-$300 on a chair but you're ass is sitting on it the entire time you use your PC. I'd rather it not be some shit chair that'll fall apart in 6-12 months.

I've sat in a DXRacer, and honestly for the price the quality isn't that great. It's ok at best.

23 minutes ago, AGrider said:

Amazon has Aerons used for around 500. Still a lot, but worth it. 

"New" are cheaper elsewhere.

55 minutes ago, shermantanker said:

You must eBay, young grasshopper. Many open box to be had on there for far less than list.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

35 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Oh wow, in the US you have a nice selection of chairs... in Canada its 100% crap. Although I am always afraid with those mesh chair things.

I always preferred mesh if it wasn't a cheapy.

1. After sitting for more then an hour the foam doesn't flatten down to nothing.

2. Less ass/back sweat.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

27 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I've sat in a DXRacer, and honestly for the price the quality isn't that great. It's ok at best.

I myself wouldn't sit in one, I plan on getting a Tesorro "Gaming" Chair.

1 minute ago, shermantanker said:

I always preferred mesh if it wasn't a cheapy.

1. After sitting for more then an hour the foam doesn't flatten down to nothing.

2. Less ass/back sweat.

Ass sweat is none issue for me (as long as it isn't leather), but doesn't the mesh stretch over time? Can't it be ripped easily. Sometimes I like to sit with my under my ass (I know its not ergo to do... but I like to change positions for a short moment)... won't the mesh be uncomfortable under such case?

Those chairs (stitching, material, etc) look like they're straight from the 1960's! Dammit, Corsair, you would do this to us!

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

2 hours ago, TimeOmnivore said:

42 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Interesting, that actually looks like a pretty solid chair. I'll wait for reviews to come out, but I'll add it to my list of potential candidates for a replacement. Thank you sir.

If you follow JayzTwoCents, that's the chair he switched to when he got his new office space; he mentions it in his review of their desk at about 6:15, if you're curious.

19 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

I myself wouldn't sit in one, I plan on getting a Tesorro "Gaming" Chair.

They're basically the same thing....

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red