Can you adjust the base clock on a non-K Intel CPU?

The title, basically I'm planning on getting a locked Core i5 and a B760 motherboard, will I be able to change the PL1 if sufficient cooling is provided?

The pl1 is a power limit, not a clock speed limit. Many boards let you change power limits on locked CPUs.

I will also mention that in many workloads like most games, power limits won't be reached, so changing them won't affect performance at all.

If the mobo provides access, you can adjust PL1. 

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

The pl1 is a power limit, not a clock speed limit. Many boards let you change power limits on locked CPUs.

I will also mention that in many workloads like most games, power limits won't be reached, so changing them won't affect performance at all.

2 minutes ago, porina said:

If the mobo provides access, you can adjust PL1. 

Thanks for answering!

Just now, anirudthelinuxwIzard said:

Well thanks for answering, but shouldn't the clock speed go up when you increase the power limit

Only if your hitting the power limit. Many workloads don't max out the power limit of the CPU, so adjusting the power limit won't make it go any faster.

6 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Only if your hitting the power limit. Many workloads don't max out the power limit of the CPU, so adjusting the power limit won't make it go any faster.

Got it!

1 hour ago, anirudthelinuxwIzard said:

will I be able to change the PL1 if sufficient cooling is provided?

Yes, most B- series boards give you access to power limits. Also FYI, Power Limits =/= Base Clock, those are two completely different things. Power limit tuning allows you to stay at the max clock speed for longer during very intensive workloads, while the base clock lets you run at much higher frequencies than what is officially supported by the processor. 

12th gen non-K CPUs do allow you to do base clock tuning to get significantly higher performance out of them on a select few motherboards (B760M PG Riptide is usually the cheapest and easiest to find of those), though in general you can't do BCLK tuning on non-K parts.