AMD ramping up Ryzen flagship clockspeeds as we move closer to launch

Humbug

Here's to hoping a return of the black editions :P

Maybe a 4.5GHz base would be nice for the black ones :P

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

I just got my first job, I will be saving up for a Ryzen build.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

man lol went through all 4 pages.

Everyone's price speculations is such a pipe dream. 4c/8t for 150 lmao  My guess is it will be priced close to the 7700K (300~) My reasoning? well at the press conference when they debuted the 8C/16t they said right then it was going to be half the cost of the i7 6900 (~1000$)

Im stoked either way already have a new Backplate and bracket for my EKWB Supremacy on the way.

God damn if they could only make an ITX or STX board but Asrock have said the mounting pattern for AM4 is just too big D: However, a uATX board has been shown off at CES, but that's waaay too big :c

3 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I sure hope it isn't going to be a case of the hawaii GPUs where they shipped as high of a clock as they could really manage just to sell with a bit extra performance to compete...

You still had over 200 MHz of headroom on Hawaii GPUs to play with :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

God damn if they could only make an ITX or STX board but Asrock have said the mounting pattern for AM4 is just too big D: However, a uATX board has been shown off at CES, but that's waaay too big :c

You still had over 200 MHz of headroom on Hawaii GPUs to play with :P

I had fuck all on mine... Left it at stock clocks

3 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I had fuck all on mine... Left it at stock clocks

My 290 went from 947 (pre-overclocked by Sapphire to 1000MHz) up to 1200 @ 1.35V :P So they still had space, but bearing in mind mine was an edge of the disc chip... 60% ASIC ftw!

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

19 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I sure hope it isn't going to be a case of the hawaii GPUs where they shipped as high of a clock as they could really manage just to sell with a bit extra performance to compete...

Hawai overclocks pretty nicely actually. It had headroom. My R9 290 vapor-x is already factory overclocked but still it goes up further very easily.

We'll probably see Ryzen 8-core for around $750 and the 4-core for around $300.

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

4 minutes ago, Vode said:

Not according to this:

3 hours ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

It's from the Hyderabad shipping manifests, they haven't been wrong before

3 hours ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

It's on this forum, probably 7-10 pages back by now

$150, $250, $350 and $500 (two different 8 core SKUs at the high end)

We'll see. With so many motherboards being announced at CES right now I don't think the prices of the CPUs themselves are far away either. 

Ye ole' train

4 hours ago, Kloaked said:

So is this going to be like the Fury where it'll come overclocked out of the box so much that you can barely of it yourself? :D

like nvidea did too ?

everyone is eventually going to do this

15 minutes ago, Vode said:

This is what i was thinking. I understand competitive pricing but people thinking its going to be 150 is wishful thinking.

7 minutes ago, JDMFTW said:

This is what i was thinking. I understand competitive pricing but people thinking its going to be 150 is wishful thinking.

Hey, that $150-$180 was for the 4c/8t option. The 8c/16t options are currently floating around $350 to $500 since there apparently are 2 SKUs for the 8c/16t CPU. Nobody ever said a thing about an 8c/16t CPU being $150 because that would indeed be bonkers.

Ye ole' train

5 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Hey, that $150-$180 was for the 4c/8t option. The 8c/16t options are currently floating around $350 to $500 since there apparently are 2 SKUs for the 8c/16t CPU. Nobody ever said a thing about an 8c/16t CPU being $150 because that would indeed be bonkers.

Sorry I forgot to clarify i meant the 4c/8t man if i can scoop up a 8c/16t for 350 call me sold.

2 hours ago, DELTAprime said:

I no longer give a fuck about price, that burnt me when GTA V bottlenecked on my 6600k. I'm getting the best.

well get the 2699 v4 then , and get a board that can take 4 of em 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

Those are some very good clockspeeds for 8-core so far. Excited to see final chip!
Also nice various SKUs will be released at the same time. Personally I'm interested at 8-core though seeing 4-core clocks will be very interesting too.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

6 hours ago, Humbug said:

Yes

But 4Ghz+ versions may slightly exceed originally planned 95 watt TDP... still more efficient than Intel though.

I wouldn't care one bit. My 5820K is rated at 140W.

I hope AMD manage to compete well on performance, and price it even a tad below Intel. 

Would love and AMD system again. My last one was a Phenom II 940 BE.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

The 5ghz dream is ever closer. AMD pls make a black edition with higher tdp so I can crank the fuck out of it. Though I probably wont replace my 3770k until zen+, unless I do a whole new build.

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

Hoping the motherboards are good though. Most of the AMD offerings look like trash. 

Return of the Crosshair would be good. ASUS pls. Need some build quality for once. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, Swatson said:

The 5ghz dream is ever closer

Forget it. Just forget it. You're not getting a 5GHz OC on all 4/6/8 cores ever, and if you do get it on at least one it won't be stable. Not on air, not on water.

Ye ole' train

1 minute ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Forget it. Just forget it. You're not getting a 5GHz OC on all 4/6/8 cores ever, and if you do get it on at least one it won't be stable. Not on air, not on water.

Oh you shouldnt have used that word, "ever". As soon as literally one person confirms it, i'll make sure to rub it in your face :P

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

Oh you shouldnt have used that word, "ever". As soon as literally one person confirms it, i'll make sure to rub it in your face :P

If you want all that and higher, get Intel to go back to Netburst! GHz for all!

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Remember that I didn't just say ever. You're not getting it on air and water. On LN2, entirely possible.

Ye ole' train