[UPDATE 3 - Samsung stops manufacturing the phone] AT&T and T-Mobile cease sales of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7

GoodBytes

UPDATE - 10/10/2016

Sprint and Best Buy also stops selling the Samsung Note 7 phone. They will not sale their remaining stock:

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/10/10/13228998/sprint-best-buy-galaxy-note-7-sales-stopping

UPDATE - 10/9/2016 (3)

Samsung has decided to stop the production of the Note 7

Source: http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/09/samsung-has-temporarily-suspended-production-of-galaxy-note-7-report.html

Thanks @karn_evil

UPDATE - 10/9/2016 (2)

T-Mobile will also stop selling the Note 7, and Verizon is now considering stop selling it as well.

Source: https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/samsung-note7-update.htm

Thanks @Jack_of_all_Trades

UPDATE - 10/9/2016

AT&T has decided to stop selling the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 after now the count of "safe/replaced" Note 7 continues to explode as before.

From The Verge:

AT&T is discontinuing all sales and exchanges of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphones following a number of fires caused by supposedly "safe" phones that had been replaced under recall.

"Based on recent reports, we’re no longer exchanging new Note 7s at this time, pending further investigation of these reported incidents," said an AT&T spokesperson in a statement to The Verge. "We still encourage customers with a recalled Note 7 to visit an AT&T location to exchange that device for another Samsung smartphone or other smartphone of their choice."

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/9/13219054/att-samsung-galaxy-note-7-stop-sales

ORIGINAL:

According to Bloomberg, AT&T is considering ceasing the sale of all Samsung Galaxy Note 7. This is due to the exploding battery issue, where even replacement units, while better, still results in reports of exploding.

sam.jpg

The Verge says:

If Samsung doesn't officially cancel the Galaxy Note 7's release, US carriers might try and do it themselves. AT&T is considering ending all further sales of the plagued Note 7, according to a report from Bloomberg tonight. A decision could come as soon as later this evening.

If true, AT&T will immediately cease sales of the "safe" replacement devices — one of which caught fire on a Southwest Airlines plane Wednesday — and the carrier may also stop exchanging defective Note 7s for the replacement phones. Instead, AT&T will let its customers who've bought the Note 7 return it for another smartphone. The company confirmed it would allow this earlier today, but stopped short of saying it planned to stop sales and exchanges of Samsung's second batch of Note 7 devices altogether.

This is another nail hit on Samsung reputation. If true, or comes into reality, other carriers might join in and the phone will not be available anymore.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/7/13207438/att-ending-note-7-sales-rumor

I guess Samsung was too inspired by Michael Bay movies lately.

honestly it sucks for samsung, because it is such a great phone, but the exploding note 7 battery crisis just negated anything good about it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 hours ago, terrytek said:

honestly it sucks for samsung, because it is such a great phone, but the exploding note 7 battery crisis just negated anything good about it.

Just ignore the exploding battery, it's still a great phone. Just ignore the fact it could kill you. 

Yeah okay bud. 

2 minutes ago, IAmLamp said:

Just ignore the exploding battery, it's still a great phone. Just ignore the fact it could kill you. 

Yeah okay bud. 

can't ignore after you are dead though

6 minutes ago, IAmLamp said:

Yeah okay bud. 

I don't think it could kill you but it definitely can seriously hurt you.

I think the phone needs to be discontinued myself. you cant save a flop this bad. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I think the phone needs to be discontinued myself. 

You can do that? But you are not CEO of Samsung

Damn, looks I can get a 3rd brand new phone for the cost of my original purchase.  This is working out nicely.  :D

Oh, and I get to keep the 256GB MicroSD and all the accessories.  

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I don't think it could kill you but it definitely can seriously hurt you.

I think the phone needs to be discontinued myself. you cant save a flop this bad. 

i think so. i think samsung should just develop more for the galaxy s8 and just hope that can bring samsung back from this crisis. i heard it's gonna have cool features, like no bezels on screen at all, a dual camera system, etc.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 hours ago, dexxterlab97 said:

can't ignore after you are dead though

?

Just now, IAmLamp said:

?

you can ignore the exploding battery but can you ignore it if you are dead?

3 hours ago, dexxterlab97 said:

you can ignore the exploding battery but can you ignore it if you are dead?

I think you need to re-read what I've posted. 

as an apple (iphone only) fanboy, all i got to say is... this is too bad... 

samsung doesn't deserve all this drama, they make great phones!!!

just like amd vs nvidia/intel, when the competition is being crushed by the more dominant/succesful brand of the moment, call it nvidia/intel/apple, this companies can justify stupid high prices for their products for the lack of competition...

nvidia gpus are expensive because amd can't compete right now...

intel cpus are expensive too because amd doesn't release zen yet...

and apple acts the same because of samsung's failure/mistake on this phone...

i'm an apple/intel/nvidia fanboy myself, and all i see is overpriced products and "lazy upgrades" (looking at you kaby lake and iphone 7) because of the lack of competition...

15 minutes ago, roblesaturcamilo said:

as an apple (iphone only) fanboy, all i got to say is... this is too bad... 

samsung doesn't deserve all this drama, they make great phones!!!

just like amd vs nvidia/intel, when the competition is being crushed by the more dominant/succesful brand of the moment, call it nvidia/intel/apple, this companies can justify stupid high prices for their products for the lack of competition...

nvidia gpus are expensive because amd can't compete right now...

intel cpus are expensive too because amd doesn't release zen yet...

and apple acts the same because of samsung's failure/mistake on this phone...

i'm an apple/intel/nvidia fanboy myself, and all i see is overpriced products and "lazy upgrades" (looking at you kaby lake and iphone 7) because of the lack of competition...

I do agree about the lack of competition. What i dont understand is why you are a fanboy of these companies? From what I see in your post is that you dont agree with what Apple/nVidia/Intel do at the moment. Sure, there arent any better CPU's than Intel's offerings, but AMD GPU's are very competent with nVidia, and there are alot of different phone offerings. What I dont get is why you dont jump ship and put your wallet where your mind is, and stop buying from these companies? 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

1 minute ago, Tocsin_786 said:

I do agree about the lack of competition. What i dont understand is why you are a fanboy of these companies? From what I see in your post is that you dont agree with what Apple/nVidia/intel do at the moment. Sure, there arent any better CPU's than Intels offerings, but AMD GPU's are very competant with nVidia, and there are alot of different phone offerings. What I dont get is why you dont jump ship and put your wallet where your mind is, and stop buying from these companies? 

well i've always preffered performance over budget, cause i can afford it, but there is a lot of people who can't...

it's not fair to pay $1200 for a titan xp, almost $1000 for the iphone 7+ 256gb and almost $400 for a core i7...

even when i can afford them, it would be nice to see more competition between companies, so this doesn't continue growing more and more expensive over time and generations...

so much for 7 being the lucky number...

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

Nobody should feel bad for Samsung.

They skimped on the quality control for the battery. The battery is the most dangerous part of the phone since it has a capability to produce second degree burns from being held or starting a fire. Again, this is a company that decided to save a few cents while putting the life of their customers on the line.

LG got eviscerated over bootloop issues. Apple had Bendgate. Other companies have gotten much worse press over much smaller issues, but here we are jerking Samsung off over selling a fire hazard.

CPU: Intel Core i3 4370 (3.8GHz, 2C/4T) GPU: AMD R9 380X 4GB

Kudos to At&t for taking consumer safety seriously! That's what happens when you rush products in order to up one on a competitor!!!!!!!

11 hours ago, terrytek said:

honestly it sucks for samsung

even candy doesn't go on the market without being tested, what the fuck did Samsung do? they blamed the battery for their initial problems, while the new units still "explode" with a safe battery - the issue lies elsewhere in the phone, and might not be just one

Conversations like this are about to get a LOT more common:

"Hey, I just got this really cool Samsung (INSERT PRODUCT NAME HERE)"

"Mind it doesn't explode on you!"

"Hey, keep away, I'm calling the bomb squad!"

"Be ready to stop, drop and roll!"

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

I am just worried this phone will be banned altogether on a plane. This will really destroy Samsung Note 7 image.

Anyway, they should expedite the investigation if the new battery is still have the next generation pyro technology, and quickly do a second replacement for affected units.

I still hope they still sell the phone, because it is practically the best Android phone out there.

I'm planning to buy a Samsung M.2 NVMe SSD, should I consider other brands then? I feel bad for Samsung because this can be a problem for next year's Galaxy S8 and Note 8. There are news that even Samsung top-loading washing machines are breaking apart because of faulty manufacturing.

Edited by hey_yo_

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

2 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

I'm planning to buy a Samsung M.2 NVMe SSD, should I consider other brands then? 

I don't think there are any problem with another Samsung hardware, such the Note 7 has the pyro problem.

Samsung SSD is practically the best out there, I don't see anything wrong with it, especially on a high end M2 NVME SSD.

1 minute ago, dlink377 said:

I don't think there are any problem with another Samsung device, such the Note 7 has the pyro problem.

Uhm, Samsung top-loading washing machines sold from 2011 till 2016 are breaking apart due to faulty manufacturing, I think people should be concerned.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside