[UPDATE 3 - Samsung stops manufacturing the phone] AT&T and T-Mobile cease sales of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7

GoodBytes

Samsung becoming the new old low quality chinese standards, smh!

Oh wellz hehe...

Nokia and Blackberry ftw!

Groomlake Authority

7 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Uhm, Samsung top-loading washing machines sold from 2011 till 2016 are breaking apart due to faulty manufacturing, I think people should be concerned.

I read about that news, and all my washing machine are top loading and Samsung branded!

Hopefully it will not explode, since I haven't hear about exploding washing machine in my country.

Samsung really need to focus a bit on safety right now, it seems they are focused on more feature and aesthetics more these recent years.

The likes of LG, HTC, and Apple can use this in their ads assailing Samsung. I remember a news few months ago that a Samsung manufactured A9 chip for the iPhone 6s had shorter batter life compared to a TSMC manufactured A9 chip. Good thing my TV is Sony Bravia, not Samsung and my washing machine is LG.

Here's Jonathan and Austin for that iPhone chipgate by Samsung #TeamCrispy

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Here's an update, "

A spokesperson followed up late last night with a more verbose response to the company’s on-going PR nightmare. Here’s that statement in full,

Samsung understands the concern our carriers and consumers must be feeling after recent reports have raised questions about our newly released replacement Note7 devices. We continue to move quickly to investigate the reported case to determine the cause and will share findings as soon as possible. We remain in close contact with the CPSC throughout this process. If we conclude a safety issue exists, we will work with the CPSC to take immediate steps to address the situation. We want to reassure our customers that we take every report seriously and we appreciate their patience as we work diligently through this process.

5 hours ago, zMeul said:

even candy doesn't go on the market without being tested, what the fuck did Samsung do? they blamed the battery for their initial problems, while the new units still "explode" with a safe battery - the issue lies elsewhere in the phone, and might not be just one

I still think that the problem stems from the USB C circuitry. Considering that the same thing has been happening with the new and old revision's batteries.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

I still think that the problem stems from the USB C circuitry. Considering that the same thing has been happening with the new and old revision's batteries.

I recall someone taking a look at the phone's power delivery and charging circuitry, perhaps it was JerryRigEverything or some other channel, what was said is that the circuitry that controls the charging might malfunction

Just now, zMeul said:

I recall someone taking a look at the phone's power delivery and charging circuitry, perhaps it was JerryRigEverything or some other channel, what was said is that the circuitry that controls the charging might malfunction

If that is the case, I hope Samsung continues to actually try and solve the problem, instead of doing an Apple and either diverting attention or sweeping it under the rug.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

It's great that it might wound Samsung (Not great that it might wound customers though) What's shitty is that it will probably propel Apple even more so we're fucked either way.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yeah, it's official now, the Galaxy Note brand is damaged beyond repair. There is no way Samsung can recover from this.

20 minutes ago, Daring said:

Yeah, it's official now, the Galaxy Note brand is damaged beyond repair. There is no way Samsung can recover from this.

Car manufacturers have been killing people for decades.  Samsung will be fine.

I bought this phone the first week it was out. I absolutely love it.

I feel so bad for Samsung, this was such a huge flop, and it's not even "their" fault.

I really don't want to replace it with another model.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, MilkJugg24 said:

I bought this phone the first week it was out. I absolutely love it.

I feel so bad for Samsung, this was such a huge flop, and it's not even "their" fault.

I really don't want to replace it with another model.

Either you replace the phone or the phone will try to replace you with a less crispy human.

3 minutes ago, S.Stephenson said:

Either you replace the phone or the phone will try to replace you with a less crispy human.

If it comes to Verizon pulling the phone, I'll just go back to my trusty old Samsung Zeal.

Spoiler

Rightly so.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

22 hours ago, NuclearPeace said:

Nobody should feel bad for Samsung.

They skimped on the quality control for the battery. The battery is the most dangerous part of the phone since it has a capability to produce second degree burns from being held or starting a fire. Again, this is a company that decided to save a few cents while putting the life of their customers on the line.

LG got eviscerated over bootloop issues. Apple had Bendgate. Other companies have gotten much worse press over much smaller issues, but here we are jerking Samsung off over selling a fire hazard.

To be fair, boot loop issues are fixable with software updates and Bendgate only happened if you sat on the phone. Samsung's issue is causing considerable actual damage to customers and hospitalizing them. Not to mention the problem of causing fires on planes.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

22 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

The likes of LG, HTC, and Apple can use this in their ads assailing Samsung. I remember a news few months ago that a Samsung manufactured A9 chip for the iPhone 6s had shorter batter life compared to a TSMC manufactured A9 chip. Good thing my TV is Sony Bravia, not Samsung and my washing machine is LG.

Here's Jonathan and Austin for that iPhone chipgate by Samsung #TeamCrispy

That one was completely blown out of proportion. It has been established that the difference in real-world scenarios is less than 1%.

But of course it you do benchmark after benchmark until the phone has no battery left, the phone with a slightly higher power consumption under full load will look a lot worse...

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

3 minutes ago, patrick3027 said:

That one was completely blown out of proportion. It has been established that the difference in real-world scenarios is less than 1%.

But of course it you do benchmark after benchmark until the phone has no battery left, the phone with a slightly higher power consumption under full load will look a lot worse...

For the record though, Apple's A10 Fusion SoCs are exclusively manufactured by TSMC, not Samsung. Which probably means Apple had some concerns with Samsung made A9 chips for the 6s. On the other hand, the LPDDR4 memory for the iPhone 7 still comes from Samsung.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

3 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

For the record though, Apple's A10 Fusion SoCs are exclusively manufactured by TSMC, not Samsung. Which probably means Apple had some concerns with Samsung made A9 chips for the 6s. On the other hand, the LPDDR4 memory for the iPhone 7 still comes from Samsung.

TSMC is cheaper than Samsung, that's why TSMC has manufactured most A chips over the years. They only dual-sourced the A9 because neither one could produce enough chips.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

Update

After more reports of exploding replaced model phones, AT&T has decided to completely stop selling the device.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/9/13219054/att-samsung-galaxy-note-7-stop-sales

wow, that's a massive blow to the head for samsung, since att is america's largest carrier, and that just means a massive loss in potential profit for samsung there for its note 7. but that's sad att won't sell the note 7 anymore. it was such a good phone save for the battery crisis. :(

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

5 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Update

After more reports of exploding replaced model phones, AT&T has decided to completely stop selling the device.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/9/13219054/att-samsung-galaxy-note-7-stop-sales

Quite rightly. If the things are proven to be causing harm (as they have, even the "fixed" ones) then consumers should not be able to acquire them. Hopefully Samsung catches on and halts all sales.

Hell, maybe they should just pull the plug altogether. Issue another Note 7 recall, permanently cease sales and start work on the Note 8.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Also, apparently your local AT&T store isn't able to give you one of the new replacement phones until ALL of the Note 7s that store sold are sent back to Samsung. Which I found quite odd, just what I overheard while I was at my local AT&T store today.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

I mean, do these explosions actually make anybody kek?

On the subject xD, is this the beginning of the end for Sammy Note? Or is this just an omen of a future Blackberry/Nokia crash for Samsung?

Welp, honestly this is quite the cool story to follow! Everyday one incident seems to be happening. How many Note 7's, including unsafe units have exploded thus far? Anyone can provide? Was it near or over 100?

Groomlake Authority

This is easily the worst launch of any flagship-class phone since eons ago. Not even half a year old yet and sales are ending due to the phone being a fire hazard.