[UPDATE 3 - Samsung stops manufacturing the phone] AT&T and T-Mobile cease sales of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7

GoodBytes
14 minutes ago, Commodus said:

I suppose I'm coming at this from the point of view of an iPhone user, where I can just go into an Apple Store and get it replaced.  It's a different story when you have to either hope your carrier will help or mail the phone in to the OEM.

Or hope you've the precision of a surgeon, at least in regards to removing the display. Once you get past the front gate, so to speak, There really isn't much to battery replacement in most phones. And if you're really lucky, as was my case, your display assembly may already be lifting up from the adhesive by the time the battery needs changing, saving you the surgical precision part. :)

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 hour ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Or hope you've the precision of a surgeon, at least in regards to removing the display. Once you get past the front gate, so to speak, There really isn't much to battery replacement in most phones. And if you're really lucky, as was my case, your display assembly may already be lifting up from the adhesive by the time the battery needs changing, saving you the surgical precision part. :)

I can't imagine trying to remove the glass rear panel of a Note 7 without breaking it, especially while it is under warranty. Bad design all-around and Samsung is paying dearly for it.

On 10/8/2016 at 6:33 AM, roblesaturcamilo said:

as an apple (iphone only) fanboy, all i got to say is... this is too bad... 

samsung doesn't deserve all this drama, they make great phones!!!

just like amd vs nvidia/intel, when the competition is being crushed by the more dominant/succesful brand of the moment, call it nvidia/intel/apple, this companies can justify stupid high prices for their products for the lack of competition...

nvidia gpus are expensive because amd can't compete right now...

intel cpus are expensive too because amd doesn't release zen yet...

and apple acts the same because of samsung's failure/mistake on this phone...

i'm an apple/intel/nvidia fanboy myself, and all i see is overpriced products and "lazy upgrades" (looking at you kaby lake and iphone 7) because of the lack of competition...

pssssst... samsung isn't the only android phone manufacturer... and high end phones aren't the bulk of their market...

Also, apple's prices have been the same for years, you're a little late to the party on that one.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Yay ! They listened to my suggestion. 

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

1 hour ago, Thony said:

Yay ! They listened to my suggestion. 

What would the world do without your guidance xD

20 minutes ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

This phone is such a failure x) 

Poor Samsung, they didn't deserve that

I wen't to get mine yesterday and they're sold out at every Official Verizon Distributor in Kentucky.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

6 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

I wen't to get mine yesterday and they're sold out at every Official Verizon Distributor in Kentucky.

Oh, hello there !

1 minute ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

Oh, hello there !

I thought I was some kind of outlier but apparently people are still buying them.  At this point I'm probably just going to forget it and hope someone releases a phablet with a stylus sometime soon.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

5 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

I thought I was some kind of outlier but apparently people are still buying them.  At this point I'm probably just going to forget it and hope someone releases a phablet with a stylus sometime soon.

They're sold out because Samsung doesn't want any more people tu sue them because of the explosions or they're sold out because people still buy the Note 7? ^^

15 minutes ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

They're sold out because Samsung doesn't want any more people tu sue them because of the explosions or they're sold out because people still buy the Note 7? ^^

Both in a way. With all the problems and the re-issue retailers are in short supply and the small amount of devices they do get are selling out.  I expected to walk in and see a pile of them that nobody would get near.

They're taking orders for them(as of yesterday) but he said they're on back order for at least a month.

Imo just make a smaller battery. Its clear they cant produce it at the mah rating they want. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

4 hours ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

This phone is such a failure x) 

Poor Samsung, they didn't deserve that

Well when they cannot handle the quality control, which can actually severely harm or even kill humans, then yes they do deserve it. Goodbye Samsung Note C4.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

7 minutes ago, Notional said:

Goodbye Samsung Note C4.

Despite the huge set back, there will be plenty of Note series phones to come.

Just now, done12many2 said:

Despite the huge set back, there will be plenty of Note series phones to come.

Sure, I'm only talking about the Note C4 (7), not the series as a hole. Although the brand name is very tarnished.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Just now, Notional said:

Sure, I'm only talking about the Note C4 (7), not the series as a hole. Although the brand name is very tarnished.

I definitely agree. Samsung has taken a big blow on this one. 

It'd be interesting to see where users went with this after all the fallout has cleared.

1. Got a replacement
  2. Switched to a lower model (S7/Edge)
  3. Switched to another brand of same price tier 
  4. Switched to another brand of lower price tier
  5. Switched to Apple

I haven't any idea as to what phones are in the same price tier as the Note 7 without switching to Apple tho.

Seems like everything else in the Android flavor is a step down. So the switched to Apple would be interesting as ppl that can afford a Note 7 could afford the new iPhones.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

will my samsung camera explode? i was already disappointed and feeling like a fool with their proprietary lenses, but this makes me totally fearing for my safety.

i really like many of samsung's products but i guess i'll have to defect to LG for TV's and Sony for cameras

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

@GoodBytes update 4 - http://www.reuters.com/article/us-samsung-elec-smartphones-idUSKCN12A2JH

Samsung has stopped new Note 7 sale and old exchanges globally

Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS) said on Tuesday it will ask all global partners to stop sales and exchanges of the Galaxy Note 7 smartphones as the firm investigates reports of more fire damages in replacement devices.

Samsung, in a statement, asked all consumers using either an original or recalled Note 7 smartphone to power down and stop using their device.

21 hours ago, dtaflorida said:

It'd be interesting to see where users went with this after all the fallout has cleared.

1. Got a replacement
  2. Switched to a lower model (S7/Edge)
  3. Switched to another brand of same price tier 
  4. Switched to another brand of lower price tier
  5. Switched to Apple

Well looks like #1 is no longer an option LOL.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

I don't think I've ever heard of a product getting discontinued from a defect.  Must be the branding being toxic now.

On the bright side, whatever Samsung Mobile comes out with next is probably going to be really good.  They fuck up one more time it's pretty much the end of them.

Workstation:  14700nonK || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 13700K @ Stock || MSI Z690 DDR4 || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3060 RTX Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)