Tek Syndicate is Burning

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

If his knowledge is "legit" then why does he utterly fail so hard when trying to explain even fundamental stuff like how a router works? He doesn't just get it wrong, he said the exact opposite of what is true several times, regarding different things.

Maybe he is mentally challenged to the point where he can't speak properly? So when he wants to say one thing the exact opposite ends up coming out of his mouth.

Or maybe he is just bullshiting his way though life, saying whatever he thinks is true without actually having and knowledge or understanding, but people believes him because he sounds confident?

What did he do when you met him? Maybe he is terrible at routing/switching/wireless/basically everything else, but great at like telephone exchange stations?

My bet is on the bullshitting his way though life explanation. That's what Logan does so it would make sense Quain does it as well.

I know a lot of people that aren't very good at putting their knowledge into words. Give them something hands on where they can actually demonstrate their knowledge and they will usually have no problems.

As for Tek Syndicate in general, I'm not seeing a lot of impartial thoughts towards the situation. Mostly everyone is saying that Logan and Pistol are evil idiots. We haven't even heard their side of the story (which I doubt most people would believe due to their hate of Logan for whatever reason). I'm personally waiting for Logan's side. If anything, it seems like a lot of lack of communication between both parties more than anything. I know Wendell has tried to bridge that gap and Logan has said wait a few days but perhaps there is a legit reason. 

Just trying to be rational and not join the hate bandwagon towards Logan.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

13 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Wendell and Qain, and the community overthere, are great.

Logan is the issue as far as I see. He's a troll. Nothing more. It amused me for a while but eventually I have begun to see him as nothing but trash. He makes funny jokes on occasion, but he's a complete egomaniac as far as I am concerned.

I agree, I love Wendell and Qain. However, Logan's ego really sours what I consider to be an otherwise great community. It seems as if he's finally snapped.

To me it sounds like some one didn't do their due research. Moving a business is a big task. You got to find an office and renovate that said office. It almost sounded like this was done with piss poor planing. Logan talked about how Linus did crowed sourcing for the LMG office. He stated it would have been a good idea for them to do, but they decided just to count of Pateron. 

It takes a lot to run a business. A neighbor of mine owned a frozen yogurt shop with some family. The business lasted maybe 2 years before they had to close the doors. This was do to differences in opinion's on running the business and how much effort each owner needed to put in. Thats the problem with having partnerships in businesses. I see 2 options for them, either they work out their problems, or the business will be dissolved in the courts. 

Overall it sounded like there might not be any wrong doing, but just bad decisions were made. Its also sounding like not every one was happy with those decisions. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

5 minutes ago, Gr0egercesg said:

Anyone going to this?

Did they really forget they took the domain down?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

To me it sounds like some one didn't do their due research. Moving a business is a big task. You got to find an office and renovate that said office. It almost sounded like this was done with piss poor planing. Logan talked about how Linus did crowed sourcing for the LMG office. He stated it would have been a good idea for them to do, but they decided just to count of Pateron. 

It takes a lot to run a business. A neighbor of mine owned a frozen yogurt shop with some family. The business lasted maybe 2 years before they had to close the doors. This was do to differences in opinion's on running the business and how much effort each owner needed to put in. Thats the problem with having partnerships in businesses. I see 2 options for them, either they work out their problems, or the business will be dissolved in the courts. 

Overall it sounded like there might not be any wrong doing, but just bad decisions were made. Its also sounding like not every one was happy with those decisions. 

I think a lot of it has to do with making promises and not keeping it. Like I donated to LTT without many expectations of a return, just a continuation of the content.

TekSyndicate promised to bring back content or new content witch raised the expectations of people. Since they didn't deliver, it caused an outrage. This may have been handled better if Logan didn't set any expectations.

1 minute ago, chowdog13 said:

I agree, I love Wendell and Qain. However, Logan's ego really sours what I consider to be an otherwise great community. It seems as if he's finally snapped.

One of the saddest things is that IF Logan makes an explanation video, its gonna be one of the most viewed videos in the last 1/2 year. Its a shame for great individuals  (Wendell and Qain) to be dragged down in reputation and possibly income... :/

5 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Well refreshing the page made me double post....

Edited by Novasty
Remove this one if possible

Just now, Gr0egercesg said:

One of the saddest things is that IF Logan makes an explanation video, its gonna be one of the most viewed videos in the last 1/2 year. Its a shame for great individuals  (Wendell and Qain) to be dragged down in reputation and possibly income... :/

Yeah totally agree man :/ Hopefully Wendell and Qain can continue on their own somehow

2 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Did they really forget they took the domain down?

Clearly Logan isn't in the right state of mind, here's the link that actually works:

https://216.244.80.51/t/everyone-in-portland-want-to-be-in-a-video-and-get-a-free-tek-tonic/106243

But sadly the post is private, Could this be related:

https://216.244.80.51/t/the-lounge-2016-08-august-pancakes-vs-crepes-edition/104959/30065

7 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

All the jokes about her aside, if that's basically her whole relationship with tek syndicate, that was a mistake day one. I would never include someone I was in any kind of intimate relationship with on a business venture. It's a recipe for catastrophe if things sour between you and your partner. Hell, I even argue against shared finances for most married couples. 

I have a rule:  Have a bank account your SO knows about, and two that they don't know about.  

4 minutes ago, chowdog13 said:

Yeah totally agree man :/ Hopefully Wendell and Qain can continue on their own somehow

I think Wendell will be fine, given he owns some tech thing.

But Qain has paid for rent in Portland until January, so he's screwed. :(

1 minute ago, Gr0egercesg said:

I'm pretty sure Logan doesn't use the Tek Syndicate twiiter account that much himself, I think it's Jennifer that uses it mainly. I've seen the account tell people to ask Logan directly on twitter (his own twitter account).

Clearly Logan isn't in the right state of mind, here's the link that actually works:

https://216.244.80.51/t/everyone-in-portland-want-to-be-in-a-video-and-get-a-free-tek-tonic/106243

But sadly the post is private, Could this be related:

https://216.244.80.51/t/the-lounge-2016-08-august-pancakes-vs-crepes-edition/104959/30065

It's all so odd, I actually found out about this whole thing this morning while I was scrolling through instagram. I saw his latest post and one of the comments caught my eye, it really seems like Logan is off his rocker...

Screenshot_20160829-103850.png

40 minutes ago, Yoinkerman said:

We rolled out the lan syndicate network.  He's pretty specialized into network administration, and wireless isn't really a big part of that.  You just plug APs in and use existing network rules.

So he knows how to use switches, which are plug-n-play? Wow... He knows how to plug in a cable!

Very specialized... He doesn't seem to know the first thing about routing either.

Can you please describe a bit more about how he is "specialized in network administration"? Wireless is a huge part of network administration.

10 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

I know a lot of people that aren't very good at putting their knowledge into words. Give them something hands on where they can actually demonstrate their knowledge and they will usually have no problems.

Yeah I get that, but this is not a problem of "he just can't express it that well in words". It's "the only parts that isn't an incoherent mess are things which are the exact opposite of true".

It's one thing to be bad at putting thoughts into words, but it's another to say "apples are oranges, 1+1 equals 5, i peed my pants, dada booboo, I am so smart, I should make a video about this! The sky is green!".

It genuinely pisses me off that so many people in this thread are sucking Qain's dick because he really is just spewing bullshit whenever he opens his mouth (at least from what I've seen from him).

Just now, LAwLz said:

Yeah I get that, but this is not a problem of "he just can't express it that well in words". It's "the only parts that isn't an incoherent mess are things which are the exact opposite of true".

It's one thing to be bad at putting thoughts into words, but it's another to say "apples are oranges, 1+1 equals 5, i peed my pants, dada booboo, I am so smart, I should make a video about this! The sky is green!".

It genuinely pisses me off that so many people in this thread are sucking Qain's dick because he really is just spewing bullshit whenever he opens his mouth (at least from what I've seen from him).

I don't know, my boss at my IT job sure knew a lot but sure as hell rambled on and couldn't put stuff into words well. 

Just now, DeadEyePsycho said:

I'm pretty sure Logan doesn't use the Tek Syndicate twiiter account that much himself, I think it's Jennifer that uses it mainly. I've seen the account tell people to ask Logan directly on twitter (his own twitter account).

Oh ok, after doing some digging it turns out that the vending machine is some IoT sponsored project for Qualcomm. Seems like Jennifer is trying to keep the gears turning, and fulfilling sponsorship deals which is good for the future Wendell/Qain-dicate

Like everyone has said, it is a shame it all had to come to this. I think their next steps should be to release a video of them both explaining the situation The Tek style. Qain and Pistol included. They need to work it out like adults and move on. 

4 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

I still see no reason to move out of the first place they had: if he was going to end up renting separate office space to his home anyway, plenty of fucking office space everywhere was probably available.

You wanna do the youtube thing? Fine but don't expect to live as a king on a nice house with office space, trees, low rent and fast internet. That's fucking unrealistic: why do you think Linus made that crowd funding campaign Logan so eagerly mocked back then? He said no patreon either and then well, Patreon. He isn't entitled to take company money to improve his personal accommodations for whatever excuse he wants to come up with for it.

The funny thing.  He's moved to all these hyper liberal bastions(which are extremely expensive to live all around), but had he just moved back to Kentucky, living near Wendell, he could rent a home in the multi-thousands of sqft(and very cheaply), and work out of that, not need to spend the probable 4000+ a month on their own place + the office, which is probably insanely expensive.  That's where it all started originally was Kentucky, the ol' forest lair, and then they moved to Vermont, or back to Vermont because of Pistol, and then Jimmy came, and then Jimmy got booted faster than you can say, "MAKS".

13 minutes ago, chowdog13 said:

It's all so odd, I actually found out about this whole thing this morning while I was scrolling through instagram. I saw his latest post and one of the comments caught my eye, it really seems like Logan is off his rocker...

Screenshot_20160829-103850.png

Not seeing the photo, is it just me?

10 minutes ago, SurvivorNVL said:

The funny thing.  He's moved to all these hyper liberal bastions(which are extremely expensive to live all around), but had he just moved back to Kentucky, living near Wendell, he could rent a home in the multi-thousands of sqft(and very cheaply), and work out of that, not need to spend the probable 4000+ a month on their own place + the office, which is probably insanely expensive.  That's where it all started originally was Kentucky, the ol' forest lair, and then they moved to Vermont, or back to Vermont because of Pistol, and then Jimmy came, and then Jimmy got booted faster than you can say, "MAKS".

:(, poor maks.

Jimmy just kinda disappeared, (not fishing for gossip) is there some backstory to this?

1 minute ago, Gr0egercesg said:

Not seeing the photo, is it just me?

Not just you, it keeps putting localhost as address which isn't appropiate for client side viewing. Perhaps the poster can put it on imgur.

1 minute ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Not just you, it keeps putting localhost as address which isn't appropiate for client side viewing. Perhaps the poster can put it on imgur.

@chowdog13

:(, poor maks.

Jimmy just kinda disappeared, (not fishing for gossip) is there some backstory to this.

Maks was too "funny and fun" loving way back in the day, and they wanted a more professional way of conducting themselves, and that lasted a whole year before Logan realized it wasn't enabling growth at the same rate.  Jimmy I am not sure, but the thought is that he never got his edittting done in time.  Spankks over-stayed his visa stay in the US, but an interesting thing is that he could've come back for a long time now and he -didn't-.  He's been staying the hell away on the entire spectrum.

13 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

So he knows how to use switches, which are plug-n-play? Wow... He knows how to plug in a cable!

Very specialized... He doesn't seem to know the first thing about routing either.

Can you please describe a bit more about how he is "specialized in network administration"? Wireless is a huge part of network administration.

It's not that simple :P

And no, part of what I do is upkeep our national(as in it literally spans across all of Canada) intranet(our own copper/fibre), managing wireless access points for Wi-Fi is not a big part of it nor important.  Managing the wireless spectrum for p2p links and radio towers is complicated, sure, but not Wi-Fi.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers