Tek Syndicate is Burning

4 hours ago, Yog said:

Why do people care what they're doing with the money? I must be missing the point here.

and also, your business partner should probably care about what is happening to the BUSINESS'' money 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

22 minutes ago, manikyath said:

Never quite dug into what his capabilities are, but he seemingly used to do a lot with phone systems.

Then again... There's quite some signs that qain's knowledge is limited and/or outdated at best.

From what I have heard (not that reliable sources, and I couldn't bother to look into it myself), is that his "decades of experience in the networking industry" is phone support. You know that job that someone straight out of high school can get because it requires next to no skills or knowledge.

From what I can tell, that's about the level Qain is at, but I haven't seen many videos with him so I might be wrong (what I have seen points towards that though).

25 minutes ago, Skelterz said:

oh yeah, logan's bullshit gets called out all the time, just saying his usual approach is is to ignore it but this time he's gone full retard. 

He responded to me once. I called him out in a polite manner that he was wrong about how input latency works. In this video he says that because the Qnix monitor only has a DVI input and nothing else, the input latency is 0, none at all. He repeatedly says this despite it being completely wrong and shows a fundamental lack of understanding how monitors work.

How did he respond to me? By calling me a kid and pretending like he didn't actually say the latency was 0 (despite him doing it several times) and pretending like he knew all along what he was talking about.

By the way, Wendell is wrong/not telling the whole story in this video either. Yes the latency is the time it takes for the signal to go though the board, but the length of the board is not that important (he seems pretty focused on measuring the board and stuff to show that it is short). What can add a lot of latency is the speed of which those chips you see between the DVI port and the little port that hooks into the panel works. Those chips control things like the OSD and those can add a significant amount of input lag since they are responsible for altering the signal sent by your computer before it hits the panel.

And yes I am salty about that, but more importantly it shows what a scumbag Logan is. He has the mental maturity of a 15 year old.

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

Some quick math on wendell's claim of the 120k /yr (guessing the exact number, mobile ;) )

120k/yr = 10k/mo

He did not say they make 120k/y but that that is the growth rate:

the gross income has grown by more than $125,000 per year for the last 3 years. 

If they started at 0 the current income would be more than 375k/y

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

31 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Also, I am 99.9% sure Pistol is a trap. Don't know why people find him so attractive.

Logan was in a relationship with her? 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

pinging @Syntaxvgm because reasons

47 minutes ago, LucidMew said:

I have the page cached in a tab from only an hour or two after this thread is created, I can post what I can see though.

sorry in advance about the large picture size, but my laptop is a 4k screen, and I'm not editing it down, paint was using over three and a half gigs of ram just storing all the pixels
WARNING, THIS IS A SINGLE PIC WITH DIMENSIONS 3840x29027 NO I'M NOT JOKING

Spoiler

75593734a6.png

direct link: http://puu.sh/qSqZN/75593734a6.png

mirror in case puush doesn't like it and deletes it: https://i.imgur.com/9SRlPtG.png

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

11 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

I don't see how those two things are mutually exclusive.

40 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Bahahaha, is Qain seriously a "network engineer"? The guy has no fucking idea about the first thing networking related.

Like, I have never heard him say anything that makes any sense networking wise. He could not even get basic things like "5GHz is worse at penetrating solid objects than 2.4GHz" right. His explanation of IPv6 made my head hurt because it was so inaccurate and stupid.

Edit:

Forgot to say that I am happy this is happening. The Kek has been a cancerous channel which has done more harm than good.

Also, I am 99.9% sure Pistol is a trap. Don't know why people find him so attractive.

I haven't watched any tek syndicate shows (did watch a single one way back, but that alone put me off).

Everyone except the guy hiding behind the monitors have absolutely no idea of what they are talking about in regards to technology.

Oh god, his explaination of IPv6 is so dumb and irrelevant. I'm actually wondering what he was trying to articulate.

He clearly doesn't know the foundation of either IPv4 or IPv6.

7 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

You don't think Logan look like the type who would date a trap?

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

*Edge Lord Incoming* 

While I can't speak for any of the staff over at TS and I can't say I'm happy that all this is happening; what it means is that there's going to be overall clean up. What I mean by that is they will have to look at the bigger picture and attack it properly and that can either end up bad or good for the community. My fear is that Logan will try to defend himself and make things worse, but that also end for the better of the community, More people will be enlightened and learn to ask questions before trusting. Its like cleaning your room, sometimes it gets dirtier before it gets cleaner.

11 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

I don't see how those two things are mutually exclusive.

It's hilarious how things work on the Internet. I remember seeing someone making jokes about Pistol looking like a trap waaay back, now people are acting like it's factual. Nah, she's just a d-bag who fits in perfectly with Logan's abrasive personality.

16 minutes ago, LucidMew said:

sorry in advance about the large picture size, but my laptop is a 4k screen, and I'm not editing it down, paint was using over three and a half gigs of ram just storing all the pixels

Reveal hidden contents

75593734a6.png

mirror in case puush doesn't like it and deletes it: https://i.imgur.com/9SRlPtG.png

thanks 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

20 minutes ago, LucidMew said:

Reveal hidden contents

75593734a6.png

Haha, opening that caused my tablet to implode. Guess I'll have to wait till I'm at my PC before I view it. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

12 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Haha, opening that caused my tablet to implode. Guess I'll have to wait till I'm at my PC before I view it. 

Caused your laptop to implode, ohh, Just like Tek Syndicate at the moment - too soon?

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

9 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

yeah, they're burning! :D

Now I really want to know the details... like, why? etc. :P 

Hello everyone!

Wendell checking in here.

I would have posted this to the forums. I am not sure what has transpired, but Logan has taken the site and forums offline under the teksyndicate.com domain. They are still reachable if you know the IP however.

I’m going to be fully, bluntly honest here. I am on my way out of having an ownership stake in teksyndicate and have been for several weeks. Am I also on my way out of making content with teksyndicate? That remains to be seen, but I would say yes based on how things have gone so far.

While privacy is important, transparency also keeps us honest.

First off, an apology. Community, I’m sorry. What for you may ask? Let me provide some background first.

For me, co-founding teksyndicate, LLC with Logan and laying the ground work of our business plan has been an incredible experience. The support the fans have shown a couple of total bozos (and friend!) on the internet has been absolutely phenomenal.
For what it’s worth I was always the dweeby kid in high school that ate by themselves in the biology lab… I didn’t really figure myself out until college. So I really can’t convey the range of emotions that I feel in the here and now.

I saw the end of the last Tek episode and some other comments Logan has posted here and there about being low on money. Currently, I am a 30% owner in teksyndicate, LLC and I find this statement to be misleading for a variety of reasons.

It is also true that the company is earning record income – more income than at any other time in its history – and the gross income has grown by more than $125,000 per year for the last 3 years.

The agreement I have with Logan is that my shares in the company entitle me to 30% of the profits of the company year over year, and to date, I have been more than content to reinvest those profits back into the company to further the potential of the company. The work that I have done adds value to the company, and my shares, and the extra capital would let Logan realize his vision faster and later on I could begin earning a return for the value of my shares.

The support staff, editorial staff, and equipment costs to the company for all of my videos for 2015 that were invoiced to teksyndicate was less than $13.5k. These are only expenses to my main company that I needed to be reimbursed on, and most of that cost was a part-time student editor.

Truthfully, Logan has recently sent an email to Qain and I that he 'stepped back' for the last ever how long period of time, and he has lately has made a lot of statements that, to me, seem strange. When I have asked for accountability, transparency or an explanation internally, I haven't had good results with that. Quite frankly, I’m surprised the patrons have been as patient as they have.

Logan wants to do something new. I don’t necessarily agree with everything he wants to do, but I find myself in a difficult position feeling that I have a strong ethical obligation to the community on the one hand, but I don’t want to damage or undermine anyone’s right to work on the other.

He said to me “It’s time for us to lower your involvement so we can do most of this at our main office in Portland.”

He went on to say that if I wanted to divest my shares, I could, but it was clear he had no idea those shares were worth anything. They are worth a significant amount of money.

I have proposed to Logan that he take epic pants store and the large /razethew0rld channel with 600,000+ subscribers, but that he give up ownership and control of the smaller 100,000 subscriber /teksyndicate hardware channel the teksyndicate.com domain name, twitter, etc. to allow the teksyndicate community to exist independently.

In that scenario I would continue to support it and produce my own content.

I find a lot of the statements lately around money to be disingenuous and misleading. I can’t abide by them ethically because I know the full situation. Believe me when I tell you the fans have showered lavish support on the company not just through patreon but the store and other means also. Some missteps I have chalked up to inexperience running a business, but calls for accountability and reasonableness have been met with ignored emails, Logan cutting my access to the partnership’s corporate bank account and a lack of financial transparency with regard to the use of the company credit card.

For me, the way that Logan runs the business has been deeply frustrating because of that lack of accountability, disorganization and apparent inability to learn from past mistakes. He needs a business coach and I’m fine with it if that business coach isn’t me.

Just like Patreon, many sponsors are also unhappy with us for a lot of the same reasons: missed deadlines, broken promises, etc. I have worked very diligently to use the resources I have to meet promises and obligations for both sponsored and unsponsored projects.

If Logan has been working on the business or this new vision the last year, he hasn’t really looped in Qain, Jennifer or myself on what exactly that might be.

He has been busy with side projects like the game and other things which have used company money but he does not believe the rest of us should be entitled to profits from. On the contrary, when asked about these things, we got some nonsensical lines about Logan having “stepped back too soon” and none of us knows what that means.

For my shares and exit of the

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sp25er

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 minutes ago, LucidMew said:

if we knew, then we'd know who to blame and who's version of the story is correct.

I blame logan 

Tek syndicate was an inside job. 

Ron Paul 2012 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

5 minutes ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

So where was the money going ?

Cocainum

just look at those replies they are completely erratic

either that or they are preparing some kind of april's fool type of thing and they are all just great actors

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

2 minutes ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

So where was the money going ?

Judging by the info we got right now, into Logan's pockets and to fund some secret projects he won't even tell Wendell about. 

In before the project is a gender swap operation for Pistol. 

That's a joke by the way.

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

I feel like if anyone in this thing can be trusted, it's Wendell. You don't end up running several of your own IT consulting companies, without having a bit of integrity and professionalism.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

So, just quickly chiming in, in terms of the size of their buisiness (small), counting in they just had a huge expense (moving, as far as i know without a loan) and guessing they paid off all monthly expenses (staff, rent,etc.) especially for the buisiness practisces they promoted last time i checked (no sponsored trips, preferably no sponsored reviews, etc.) having 13k left over isnt bad.

Some quick math on wendell's claim of the 120k /yr (guessing the exact number, mobile ;) )

120k/yr = 10k/mo

If a staff member wishes to receive a 2k paycheck, that's with taxes probably barely enough for 2 extra staff members, and the required extra gear. (Editing rig, cameras, microphones, the office itself. LMG wasnt a happy company running from that house, honestly even the new office is pretty small in the large scheme of things.)

A few other things i wanted to say :P

I think pistol prefers people thinking that way.

qain is a self-trained network engineer. One does not simply become a self-trained network engineer without being a bit wacky.

It doesn't sounds unreasonable.

What's unreasonable is that he kept fucking moving all the time for no goddamn reason whatsoever. "I need a place with trees!" is not a goddamn reason to move on company's dime.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

What's unreasonable is that he kept fucking moving all the time for no goddamn reason whatsoever. "I need a place with trees!" is not a goddamn reason to move on company's dime.

I forgot he said that. 

Good god I'm starting to believe this cocaine theory more. 

muh specs 

All parts black

7 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Well, he found a decent place in Portland, but he forgot to make sure that the landlord knew he was going to be running a business out of the property. IIRC maybe the landlord did know, and changed his/her mind.

Logan just doesn't know how to run a business properly. You have to get that kind of shit in writing.

Having the attention span of a dog doesn't help, but hell, Linus has mad that work (no offense Linus, you just seem really ADD to me lol)

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

Well, he found a decent place in Portland, but he forgot to make sure that the landlord knew he was going to be running a business out of the property. IIRC maybe the landlord did know, and changed his/her mind.

Logan just doesn't know how to run a business properly. You have to get that kind of shit in writing.

I still see no reason to move out of the first place they had: if he was going to end up renting separate office space to his home anyway, plenty of fucking office space everywhere was probably available.

You wanna do the youtube thing? Fine but don't expect to live as a king on a nice house with office space, trees, low rent and fast internet. That's fucking unrealistic: why do you think Linus made that crowd funding campaign Logan so eagerly mocked back then? He said no patreon either and then well, Patreon. He isn't entitled to take company money to improve his personal accommodations for whatever excuse he wants to come up with for it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

6 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

I forgot he said that. 

Good god I'm starting to believe this cocaine theory more. 

That would be just crazy

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

I still see no reason to move out of the first place they had: if he was going to end up renting separate office space to his home anyway, plenty of fucking office space everywhere was probably available.

You wanna do the youtube thing? Fine but don't expect to live as a king on a nice house with office space, trees, low rent and fast internet. That's fucking unrealistic: why do you think Linus made that crowd funding campaign Logan so eagerly mocked back then? He said no patreon either and then well, Patreon. He isn't entitled to take company money to improve his personal accommodations for whatever excuse he wants to come up with for it.

IIRC they moved out of the north eastern part of the US because Logan didn't like the people (probably because they had different politics than him)

Just now, Misanthrope said:

vessel too. He mocked linus then eventually did it, though not timed release. 

muh specs 

All parts black