Tek Syndicate is Burning

2 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Hell, I'm looking at moving to Idaho some time soon because a lot of people like me (preppers) are moving there. Also because it's cold there, there are mountains, and it's near Montana which has amazing hunting and fishing and camping in stuff.

You american preppers have it easy :P Here in Canada half of the stuff is banned for jacked up in price

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

2 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

10,000 thread views, did Linus share this thread on Facebook or something?

/g/, Reddit, Tek forum and LTT are here... All wanting to know what the hell is going on.

1 minute ago, Johners said:

Wendell just tweeted this -

Any speculation on what this might mean?

I personally never knew the tech community in general liked Wendell so much!

The lengths Logan is willing to go in order to preserve his ego is disgusting.

I feel sorry for anybody else that has to deal with this walking time-bomb in the future.

6 minutes ago, Gr0egercesg said:

Any speculation on what this might mean?

I personally never knew the tech community in general liked Wendell so much!

Seems like he's looking forward to a brighter future.

19 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

10,000 thread views, did Linus share this thread on Facebook or something?

15 minutes ago, PLME888 said:

/g/, Reddit, Tek forum and LTT are here... All wanting to know what the hell is going on.

^ This

This is seriously, like the only other relevant information on what is actually happening besides the reddit, and its barely even being discussed there atm.

Though, mainly, its the youtube fanbase trying to figure out whats wrong with the latest tek, and this is one of the top places to check along with twitter, since their site is inaccessible for general users who can't be bothered to put in an ip.

Even on their forum though there's hilariously little information on what happened leading up to the events, and what's going on. Only the diehards are currently on their forums, and they are respecting wendell when he asked there not to be chaos, so they seem to be avoiding the topic atm. I can't blame em though, Wendell and the mod team has been kept in the dark, and suddenly thrown into a very precarious place.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

12 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

The conspiracy stuff is more "awareness of historical evidence and fact" stuff. Like, all the spying stuff? Yeah that's all happening, and eventually it WILL effect everyone negatively.

I refer you to history, and the boiling frogs experiment.

As for the lack of content. Hard to say. Most attributed it to being due to Logan constantly moving, others have said it's more to do with him refusing to post content because of "quality".

I'd rather listen to Wendell with semi-poor audio for an hour, than 15 minutes of a high quality review of a product I don't care about.

Wendell runs his own IT consulting firm, if he says something is a concern, you have very good cause to consider it as such. Ignore Logan, he's just a failed comedian with sales experience. He probably has the same level of actual IT experience that I do.

They got incredibly buzz-wordy and click-baity, and kinda relied on it a lot. Then it's just 90% unfounded speculation (except from Wendell, where it's 90% informed speculation)

14 minutes ago, Yoinkerman said:

Just chiming in, Qains network knowledge is legit.

Source: I'm a telecom trouble tech, have met qain, and his knowledge base is solid.

If his knowledge is "legit" then why does he utterly fail so hard when trying to explain even fundamental stuff like how a router works? He doesn't just get it wrong, he said the exact opposite of what is true several times, regarding different things.

Maybe he is mentally challenged to the point where he can't speak properly? So when he wants to say one thing the exact opposite ends up coming out of his mouth.

Or maybe he is just bullshiting his way though life, saying whatever he thinks is true without actually having and knowledge or understanding, but people believes him because he sounds confident?

What did he do when you met him? Maybe he is terrible at routing/switching/wireless/basically everything else, but great at like telephone exchange stations?

My bet is on the bullshitting his way though life explanation. That's what Logan does so it would make sense Quain does it as well.

I can only say that people should not speculate too much right now.

Because those comments hit nor land nor sea.

This needs furter investigation.

I do have an idea about what has happenend.

But i cannot not go into any details on a diffrent forum about it.

Grtz Angel.

@Sintezza

have you managed to get onto the forums from editing your host files We can explain it all there. or if not get on the discord. I can send you a link

if you haven't already known, This is Kat

1 minute ago, Le Kat said:

@Sintezza

have you managed to get onto the forums from editing your host files We can explain it all there 

Reveal hidden contents

if you haven't already known, This is Kat

I have not been on the forum since yesterday.

So i will look into it.

its currently down for me, but i guess i will be able to reach due ip.

2 minutes ago, Sintezza said:

I have not been on the forum since yesterday.

So i will look into it.

its currently down for me, but i guess i will be able to reach due ip.

Here's the IP address for the forum 

add that to your hosts file then type in forum.teksyndicate.com

Just now, Le Kat said:

Here's the IP address for the forum 

add that to your hosts file then type in forum.teksyndicate.com

Acutally you can visit the ip alone now

IP or one of the several domains redirecting to the site.

@Novasty

I haven't checked. I just woke up like 10 minutes ago lol I was hoping @Sintezza was posting here since no one was able to contact her since this non-sense went down. 

35 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

If his knowledge is "legit" then why does he utterly fail so hard when trying to explain even fundamental stuff like how a router works? He doesn't just get it wrong, he said the exact opposite of what is true several times, regarding different things.

Maybe he is mentally challenged to the point where he can't speak properly? So when he wants to say one thing the exact opposite ends up coming out of his mouth.

Or maybe he is just bullshiting his way though life, saying whatever he thinks is true without actually having and knowledge or understanding, but people believes him because he sounds confident?

What did he do when you met him? Maybe he is terrible at routing/switching/wireless/basically everything else, but great at like telephone exchange stations?

My bet is on the bullshitting his way though life explanation. That's what Logan does so it would make sense Quain does it as well.

We rolled out the lan syndicate network.  He's pretty specialized into network administration, and wireless isn't really a big part of that.  You just plug APs in and use existing network rules.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

So.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

11 hours ago, kuramakitsune said:

lol wat

wendel actually did blink s.o.s  twice ..

lol ok..

I didn't notice that before..

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

5 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

"Hey Logan, where´s tha money at fam!?"

Captcha! *deletes forum and runs off with the cash*

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

"Hey Logan, where´s tha money at fam!?"

Captcha! *deletes forum and runs off with the cash+

Much more likely... 

19ovh7.jpg

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Much more likely... 

-lols in pic form-

Actually I would have a lot more respect for him if he was to admit: "Yeah I've got a drug problem, I'll try rehab, hand over money and such things to someone else sorry guys"

-------

Current Rig

-------