Tek Syndicate is Burning

1 minute ago, Syntaxvgm said:

vessel too. He mocked linus then eventually did it, though not timed release. 

He didn't seem to understand how Linus does things.

Linus is straight up front about making money. Logan seems t think that transparency is about not making money (or rather, hiding the fact that you are indeed making money).

Linus might not tell us how much he makes, he has no obligation to, but he is plain as day about "this is sponsored content, we are being paid for this", which is absolutely FINE.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

IIRC they moved out of the north eastern part of the US because Logan didn't like the people (probably because they had different politics than him)

I am an Atheist liberal bisexual living on a conservative catholic city and community you think we get what we want? It's called being a fucking grown up: you learn to deal with things not run away.

-------

Current Rig

-------

To be honest... This makes me sad. I saw it coming from the SOS in wendells last tech. Even though I had noticed that the quality, and quantity both of the videos had dropped drastically, I might have been able to write that off as them being in perpetual moving. But as more and more often weeks would go by, and the only upload to the main channel being a homebrew video by wendell, it became apparent that TS was in its dying throws. Logan was doing something shady behind the scenes. I still had hope though that the move would complete, that they'd get their new office, that content would start to come back. This pretty much though throws all that under the bus. Logan has dug himself into a hole, and in his scramble to try and climb out, only buried himself in his own creation. I'd be edgy, and say this is maybe some kind of extravagant play, a rouse in some gilded attempt to bring in larger subscribers or viewship to the low viewership they've had. But at this point, there's 0 possibility of that. RIP ts... Let's just hope to see more of wendell now :D

2 hours ago, leadeater said:

But then it wouldn't be The WAN Show ;)

And suddenly a mod I've never seen before appears. Damn, I didn't realize there were still members of your species climbing from the darkness after me being here for two years.

2 hours ago, SSL said:

I just talked about it.

LTT isn't the right platform. For one there seems to be an age/maturity gap, another is an overall mission disparity. e.g. LTT is focusing on media - bite-sized infotainment to maximize views; Wendell prefers a more practical, technical approach.

You seem to have hit the nail on the head. Even though I love Wendell, and would die if he actually came into works with another techtuber, there just aren't a ton that fit his kind of style. As much as I hate it, Logan in his defiant, almost hipster, rejection of normalcies and abrasiveness was a perfect co-host for the brainy, nerdy, linux hipster wendell.

Maybe some colabs with Wendell/Qain on LTT and stuff would be nice to see; but I couldn't see it going any further than that.

2 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

I'm pretty sure wendell has a good job where he lives, IIRC maybe even his own business? Not even sure what he does TBH 

He runs a tech consultance agency from Kentucky. He says he's gonna still make videos though, so that's a good thing I guess no matter how this winds out.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

I am an Atheist liberal bisexual living on a conservative catholic city and community you think we get what we want? It's called being a fucking grown up: you learn to deal with things not run away.

Well, there's nothing wrong with moving to an area you think will be better for you overall.

The issue, is when you do it constantly and drag others with you, and waste company money.

Hell, I'm looking at moving to Idaho some time soon because a lot of people like me (preppers) are moving there. Also because it's cold there, there are mountains, and it's near Montana which has amazing hunting and fishing and camping in stuff.

Also because I've live on the east coast my entire life. I just want something new.

2 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

He didn't seem to understand how Linus does things.

Linus is straight up front about making money. Logan seems t think that transparency is about not making money (or rather, hiding the fact that you are indeed making money).

Linus might not tell us how much he makes, he has no obligation to, but he is plain as day about "this is sponsored content, we are being paid for this", which is absolutely FINE.

Indeed...i mean people get angry about Youtubers making money which is just pure stupid,if they were in a position like Linus or any Youtuber they would do the same,and if they tell us how much money they make people will be just even more pissed

3 minutes ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

Yep, also read it very slowly, its kind of weird they let Logan just do whatever with the money and nobody but him knows where was/its going(if Wendell is telling us everything , he might have some info or speculations he prefers not to share at the moment).

Not sure why nobody was kept in the loop but I can see why Wendell wasn't: guy runs his own IT consulting firm, streaming channel and does extensive hardware reviews and Linux tutorials on top of paying out of pocket/his own separate business for most of his expenses I bet. Obviously he doesn't has the time to be constantly overlooking and micromanaging all aspects but at one point he said "This just isn't right" when it comes to Logan's latest fucking scam attempt.

-------

Current Rig

-------

8 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

IIRC they moved out of the north eastern part of the US because Logan didn't like the people (probably because they had different politics than him)

I live in Fort Wayne Indiana

People: eh

Drivers: could be worse

police: sure. I've never been pulled over, no cameras either. Just avoid new haven

firearms laws: nice, nothin really in addition to indiana's lax laws

town size: perfect, though there's no highway cutting through it, just around it, because FW is a special snowflake. 

Job market: okish

general economy: nothing special 

crime: there's some here and there 
politics: no one cares here. Seriously. 

Important part:

Cost of living: Live comfortable for 20k a year. Not joking.

Office space is so vacant and abundant they practically give office space away

Internet is decent, and comcast offers 2 gigabit for 300 a month where I live 

Point is, there's plenty of places he could have considered other than Portland and his previous places. He could have been up and runnig in a place like Fort Wayne in a month. Not perfect, but nothing is. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Just now, keNNySOC said:

Indeed...i mean people get angry about Youtubers making money which is just pure stupid,if they were in a position like Linus or any Youtuber they would do the same,and if they tell us how much money they make people will be just even more pissed

Yeah.

Like I said, Linus is up front, and he is probably very professional. Keeps his promises, keeps his deadlines, is up front with his employees (I assume). If he wasn't, he wouldn't be where he is today.

Even though I don't really watch his content anymore because he's focusing on stuff I'm not as interested in, I can't harangue the man for being a professional.

2 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Well, there's nothing wrong with moving to an area you think will be better for you overall.

The issue, is when you do it constantly and drag others with you, and waste company money.

Hell, I'm looking at moving to Idaho some time soon because a lot of people like me (preppers) are moving there. Also because it's cold there, there are mountains, and it's near Montana which has amazing hunting and fishing and camping in stuff.

Also because I've live on the east coast my entire life. I just want something new.

Aye a more fair comparison would be for me to tell my boss "I don't like Monterrey, I wanna move somewhere else. I don't care our offices are physically located here and that you need me here with your other teams figure shit out and don't fire me, bye!"

-------

Current Rig

-------

5 minutes ago, Atmos said:

And suddenly a mod I've never seen before appears. Damn, I didn't realize there were still members of your species climbing from the darkness after me being here for two years.

Yea I mostly stick around in the Servers and NAS, Networking and Storage threads so if you don't frequent those then I'm not surprised you've never seen me.

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

Yeah.

Like I said, Linus is up front, and he is probably very professional. Keeps his promises, keeps his deadlines, is up front with his employees (I assume). If he wasn't, he wouldn't be where he is today.

Even though I don't really watch his content anymore because he's focusing on stuff I'm not as interested in, I can't harangue the man for being a professional.

He acts professional and is

What i HATE THE MOST,is when people just say to Youtubers "You don't do anything and just sit on your ass all day" which is COMPLETELY false,consider how much time it takes for gaming youtubers,to record a video,watch the whole video and make it look good,edit it,render it,upload it

Now how much time does it take to get make perfect cuts in LTT videos,get IN DEBT about every product and point out the cons and pros,benchmark,watch it,edit it,upload it,surely takes hours...

4 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Aye a more fair comparison would be for me to tell my boss "I don't like Monterrey, I wanna move somewhere else. I don't care our offices are physically located here and that you need me here with your other teams figure shit out and don't fire me, bye!"

Pretty much.

Just now, keNNySOC said:

What i HATE THE MOST,is when people just say to Youtubers "You don't do anything and just sit on your ass all day" which is COMPLETELY false,consider how much time it takes for gaming youtubers,to record a video,watch the whole video and make it look good,edit it,render it,upload it

Now how much time does it take to get make perfect cuts in LTT videos,get IN DEBT about every product and point out the cons and pros,benchmark,watch it,edit it,upload it,surely takes hours...

More like days.

Pretty much.

More like days.

Depends on the product,they still gotta get in touch with the manufacturer and wait for shipping which is a pain in the ass or just buy it... *COUGH* *COUGH* Nvidia

7 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

I live in Fort Wayne Indiana

People: eh

Drivers: could be worse

police: sure. I've never been pulled over, no cameras either. Just avoid new haven

firearms laws: nice, nothin really in addition to indiana's lax laws

town size: perfect, though there's no highway cutting through it, just around it, because FW is a special snowflake. 

Job market: okish

general economy: nothing special 

crime: there's some here and there 
politics: no one cares here. Seriously. 

Important part:

Cost of living: Live comfortable for 20k a year. Not joking.

Office space is so vacant and abundant they practically give office space away

Internet is decent, and comcast offers 2 gigabit for 300 a month where I live 

Point is, there's plenty of places he could have considered other than Portland and his previous places. He could have been up and runnig in a place like Fort Wayne in a month. Not perfect, but nothing is. 

20k/yr... Oh dear god that's cheap... If only cali was like that...

*Looks at small three bed two bath currently living in*

*Built in the 60*

*running a space heater blows circuit, very old circuiting*

$285,000

I make ~around~ 85k/yr and only have 6-8k in my account each month. 

God damn I need to leave this state.

3 minutes ago, keNNySOC said:

Seriously... People don't realize this crap takes time... Those gaming channels are like 10% gaming, 80% editing/troubleshooting/actually working, and 10% uploading. A lot like a real job :D

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

4 minutes ago, keNNySOC said:

Depends on the product,they still gotta get in touch with the manufacturer and wait for shipping which is a pain in the ass or just buy it... *COUGH* *COUGH* Nvidia

For me, Linus is at his most entertaining when things are going wrong. Luke is the most entertaining when he's talking shit

Still don't like the new intro.

29 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

It doesn't sounds unreasonable.

What's unreasonable is that he kept fucking moving all the time for no goddamn reason whatsoever. "I need a place with trees!" is not a goddamn reason to move on company's dime.

I always wondered why he moved so damn much.

5 hours ago, Yog said:

I doubt he's embezzling. Likely the business is his and he's just spending as little as possible and pocketing the rest, that's not embezzling, that's just what the owner of a business gets to do. Embezzling would be if you didn't own the business and you're taking money that doesn't belong to you.

5 hours ago, Skelterz said:

I wouldn't go that far @Aremis117 but mismanagement for sure

I actually would go as far: that's what happens when you don't keep your business and personal expenses separate. Moving to a new house/office can easily be considered either a personal expense making it embezzlement or a business expense meaning just mismanagement.

I am generally not opposed to the concept of home offices for start ups and such but when you're so blatantly spoiled about your accommodations like he was your business partners are entitled to explanations and unless you are constantly very forthcoming about it they absolutely can claim "Nope, personal expenses this is embezzlement" and my guess is Wendell has a lot more bank to sue than him. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 hour ago, LucidMew said:

I made the mistake of clicking the spoiler... RIP my Internet connection :P

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

hehe, Logan deactivated the comment feature on the main channel's latest video. That ju shows you what kind of a person Logan is.

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

I actually would go as far: that's what happens when you don't keep your business and personal expenses separate. Moving to a new house/office can easily be considered either a personal expense making it embezzlement or a business expense meaning just mismanagement.

I am generally not opposed to the concept of home offices for start ups and such but when you're so blatantly spoiled about your accommodations like he was your business partners are entitled to explanations and unless you are constantly very forthcoming about it they absolutely can claim "Nope, personal expenses this is embezzlement" and my guess is Wendell has a lot more bank to sue than him. 

I would go ahead and assume that Wendell and Qain just want out at this point. Suing would be costly, time consuming, and the payoff probably wouldn't be worth it.

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

I would go ahead and assume that Wendell and Qain just want out at this point. Suing would be costly, time consuming, and the payoff probably wouldn't be worth it.

also not worth it for optics, in the case that they wanted to move to their own channel and whatnot. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Wendell made it clear that he wants the domain and most of the channels. He also specifically talked about what the company should be worth and what they have been making and specifically what he's entitled to and implied Logan has no way to just pay off his worth of the shares.

He's being polite and reasonable about it but don't get it wrong: he probably is prepared to sue if Logan intends to keep all assets and destroy the community and all they worked for. Besides even if a Lawsuit is costly it's never as costly when you're dealing with a broke-ass loser who couldn't even manage a youtube channel how is Logan gonna come up with lawyer retainer and expense fees to even defend himself decently? Another Patreon? Vessel and youtube revenue? Those assets would be forfeit and frozen as soon as the legal process starts.

-------

Current Rig

-------

5 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Wendell made it clear that he wants the domain and most of the channels. He also specifically talked about what the company should be worth and what they have been making and specifically what he's entitled to and implied Logan has no way to just pay off his worth of the shares.

He's being polite and reasonable about it but don't get it wrong: he probably is prepared to sue if Logan intends to keep all assets and destroy the community and all they worked for. Besides even if a Lawsuit is costly it's never as costly when you're dealing with a broke-ass loser who couldn't even manage a youtube channel how is Logan gonna come up with lawyer retainer and expense fees to even defend himself decently? Another Patreon? Vessel and youtube revenue? Those assets would be forfeit and frozen as soon as the legal process starts.

Logan should take a buy out. He's lost, there's no where to go but take wendell and the rest down with him. If he's smart he can walk out of this with some spending money to get his life on track. 

muh specs 

All parts black

1 minute ago, Syntaxvgm said:

Logan should take a buy out. He's lost, there's no where to go but take wendell down with him. If he's smart he can walk out of this with some spending money to get his life on track. 

As we've established, he's petty and not intelligent.

4 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Funny thing is, most of us hardcore fans are just worried about Wendell and Qain getting the rights to do LAN SYNDICATE parties. Apparently the first one was hella fun (I was supposed to go, but then my mom got diagnosed with the cancer and yeah... all that.)

2016 has been a shitty year. We've lost Harambe, David Bowie, Prince, My Mom, and now Tek Syndicate has burned to the ground.

Only read the OP, page 12 and the wendell twitlonger post.

All i'm going to say is that this turned into a shitstorm out of nowhere pretty damn fast.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here