Tek Syndicate is Burning

1 minute ago, Syntaxvgm said:

hate to say this but I think from day one I thought "if shit were to go down, it would be logan and pistol". And maybe quain, though as much as I don't like him at times, he doens't strike me as a troll type, I think he has a lot more sense than logan and pistol. 

Qain has sense, just some odd opinions. But I always figured TS would burn to the ground one day because of Logan's abrasiveness.

Just now, Skelterz said:

Well Logan is the cause of all this, Pistol is just a noisy yes man at this point

Yes but it wouldn't surprise me if she was one of the causes for say, lack of content.

Just now, Skelterz said:

Well Logan is the cause of all this, Pistol is just a noisy yes man at this point

I'd happily make Pistol into a noisy yes woman, all she'd need to do is ask. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Qain has sense, just some odd opinions. But I always figured TS would burn to the ground one day because of Logan's abrasiveness.

Yes but it wouldn't surprise me if she was one of the causes for say, lack of content.

god the office move is taking longer than LTT and they like, fucking built an office. People that give LTT shit sometimes, but at least Linus can run a business. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

That's what happens when your crazy

Stay with Linus kids

don't kill me pls

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

I'd happily make Pistol into a noisy yes woman, all she'd need to do is ask. 

544.png

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Just now, Syntaxvgm said:

god the office move is taking longer than LTT and they like, fucking built an office. People that give LTT shit sometimes, but at least Linus can run a business. 

iirc didn't TS start moving in to a new place like.. a year ago?

that is giving pistol too much credit, she mostly sticks to her streams and almost never interacts with the community but when she does someone will disagree and she'll ban them

iirc didn't TS start moving in to a new place like.. a year ago?

yah and for a regularly updated channel at 600k subscribers their viewership is pathetic. I think the content problems started before then 

muh specs 

All parts black

1 minute ago, Skelterz said:

that is giving pistol too much credit, she mostly sticks to her streams and almost never interacts with the community but when she does someone will disagree and she'll ban them

I always imagined she was holding the camera filming while vaping. But that's when logan made decent review content  

muh specs 

All parts black

12 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Seems like everyone but Logan and Pistol are being screwed.

Pistol is probably being screwed as well, if you know what I mean.

Haha, I like seeing popular YouTube channels that I don't like spontaneously combust :D

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

3 minutes ago, SSL said:

All the jokes about her aside, if that's basically her whole relationship with tek syndicate, that was a mistake day one. I would never include someone I was in any kind of intimate relationship with on a business venture. It's a recipe for catastrophe if things sour between you and your partner. Hell, I even argue against shared finances for most married couples. 

muh specs 

All parts black

5 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Haha, I like seeing popular YouTube channels that I don't like spontaneously combust :D

but...but...wendell's in there! Evacuate him! And his monitor tree! 

muh specs 

All parts black

So let's clear a few things up.. 

Logan

yi2ih.png

Wendell

2b92b644233743009421e8d9c71e4164-b103fb7

Qain

98cd757229e7ffa131b0ba824727386d_400x400

Pistol

photo.jpg

Jennifer

photo.jpg

I've not seen much of Pistol or Jennifer on camera either so hopefully this post helps you work out who is who. 

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

7 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

So let's clear a few things up.. 

Logan

Wendell

Qain

Pistol

Jennifer

I've not seen much of Pistol or Jennifer on camera either so hopefully this post helps you work out who is who. 

There pics are huge... I don't like Pistol that close to my face. 

muh specs 

All parts black

5 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

This pics are huge... I don't like Pistol that close to my face. 

http://simplyreference.com/Media/Ragefaces/n/happy-ba-dum-tss.png

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Just now, Nineshadow said:

I do about as good on engrish as longan does with deadlines. 

muh specs 

All parts black

1 minute ago, Nineshadow said:

http://simplyreference.com/Media/Ragefaces/n/happy-ba-dum-tss.png

that wasn't mean to be a pun, I only noticed it when I typed it. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Just now, Syntaxvgm said:

I do about as good on engrish as longan does with deadlines. 

Meh, I'd say you do better.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I've watched a few of wendell's videos from time to time.  I never really watched teksyndicate, I just always see him on recommended and think.. oh that guy from tigerdirect again

I haven't watched TekSyndicate in like...2 years or something. I watch their channel a bit in their early days, but even then I felt like it was going somewhat downhill.

But yes, Wendell's awesome.

@LinusTech You should try and get Wendell on LTT staff, he's hugely popular, has a loyal fanbase, would be able to fix your servers and we might finally see LTT give some love to Linux. 

Just now, Master Disaster said:

@LinusTech You should try and get Wendell on LTT staff, he's hugely popular, has a loyal fanbase, would be able to fix your servers and we might finally see LTT give some love to Linux. 

Who knows Wendell is the master they need to finally fix the WAN show so they will never be late anymore. :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

37 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

yah and for a regularly updated channel at 600k subscribers their viewership is pathetic. I think the content problems started before then 

I stopped watching them maybe two to three years ago because their content started turning to shit.

32 minutes ago, SSL said:

That's one of those subjects we never talk about but we all think about.

37 minutes ago, Skelterz said:

And that's why I never bothered with their forums.