What Happened To LTT?

MobFactory
Just now, DevilishBooster said:

I'm one of those people that, when I get excited about something, I start talking a million miles an hour and can carry a conversation for days on end. I sound kinda like Austin in the Shoddy Cast science videos. If you watch the newest one on Mirrors Edge Catalyst you'll get a pretty good idea of what I sound like sometimes. :D

I can talk for England, but I get fed up of typing since I spend half my day at work typing :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

On 13/06/2016 at 3:39 PM, MobFactory said:

Also Unbox therapy. Only unboxing channel which is interesting. GOSH has he grown an audience. Seriously, how does he do it.

I personally really dislike his content, i like LTT way better, just my opinion tho.

and he does it by doing unboxing of the flashiest stuff that people think is cool, many of my classmates know about unboxtherapy but they don't know about LTT.

3 hours ago, MobFactory said:

Uhh i suck at english literature. I think im going to get a B in my gcse's.

"oh no a b"

2 minutes ago, MobFactory said:

Uhh i suck at english literature. I think im going to get a B in my gcse's.

I was a B+ avg student, but I also worked all the way through University. Most semesters I was a full time student (12+ credit hours) and I worked 40-50 hrs/wk on top of having a sad excuse of a social life.

Just remember man, "C's get Degrees". :D

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

1 minute ago, mikat said:

"oh no a b"

YEAH! I Have A stars! A B is my worst.Except for PE. But who cares about pe

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

well, professional means you make money off of doing it.

the term actually has nothing to do with quality directly, but it kinda implies the content is good enough for money to be paid for it :P

My question wasn't about the real definition of "professional". I can google that quicker than wait 24h for forum response. It was about making a user to clarify rather vague and imo bit dissing post. Imo professional mean person who is trained for or has long experience on their work.

1 hour ago, MobFactory said:

I disagree. Look at MKBHD who manages to still make interesting videos or someone like the Verge. They have few subscribers compared to LTT but every single video is entertaining. Seriously The Verge has got to be my favorite tech channel right now.

The Verge is closer to printed media than Youtube video production channels. Their background (yes, I read Wikipedia for this) is with Engadged so its more towards in depth looks and videos to spice written content. Pretty much like what OC3D is.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

The lack of reviews is what made me stop watching. Specifically case reviews.

Me too...

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

2 hours ago, MobFactory said:

I disagree. Look at MKBHD who manages to still make interesting videos or someone like the Verge. They have few subscribers compared to LTT but every single video is entertaining. Seriously The Verge has got to be my favorite tech channel right now.

Oh yuck The Verge! They blamed the Orlando shooting on video games. They are also very biased on Apple products because they get paid from Apple. Linus is unbiased even when sponsored that is why I have more faith in him

ƆԀ S₱▓Ɇ▓cs: i7 6ʇɥפᴉƎ00K (4.4ghz), Asus DeLuxe X99A II, GT҉X҉1҉0҉8҉0 Zotac Amp ExTrꍟꎭe),Si6F4Gb D???????r PlatinUm, EVGA G2 Sǝʌǝᘉ5ᙣᙍᖇᓎᙎᗅᖶt, Phanteks Enthoo Primo, 3TB WD Black, 500gb 850 Evo, H100iGeeTeeX, Windows 10, K70 R̸̢̡̭͍͕̱̭̟̩̀̀̃́̃͒̈́̈́͑̑́̆͘͜ͅG̶̦̬͊́B̸͈̝̖͗̈́, G502, HyperX Cloud 2s, Asus MX34. פN∩SW∀S 960 EVO

Just keeping this here as a backup 9̵̨̢̨̧̧̡̧̡̧̡̧̡̡̢̢̡̢̧̡̢̡̡̢̧̛̛̛̛̛̛̱̖͈̠̝̯̹͉̝̞̩̠̹̺̰̺̲̳͈̞̻̜̫̹̱̗̣͙̻̘͎̲̝͙͍͔̯̲̟̞͚̖̘͉̭̰̣͎͕̼̼̜̼͕͎̣͇͓͓͎̼̺̯͈̤̝͖̩̭͍̣̱̞̬̺̯̼̤̲͎̖̠̟͍̘̭͔̟̗̙̗̗̤̦͍̫̬͔̦̳̗̳͔̞̼̝͍̝͈̻͇̭̠͈̳͍̫̮̥̭͍͔͈̠̹̼̬̰͈̤͚̖̯͍͉͖̥̹̺͕̲̥̤̺̹̹̪̺̺̭͕͓̟̳̹͍̖͎̣̫͓͍͈͕̳̹̙̰͉͙̝̜̠̥̝̲̮̬͕̰̹̳͕̰̲̣̯̫̮͙̹̮͙̮̝̣͇̺̺͇̺̺͈̳̜̣̙̻̣̜̻̦͚̹̩͓͚̖͍̥̟͍͎̦͙̫̜͔̭̥͈̬̝̺̩͙͙͉̻̰̬̗̣͖̦͎̥̜̬̹͓͈͙̤̜̗͔̩̖̳̫̑̀̂̽̈́̈́̿͒̿̋̊͌̾̄̄̒̌͐̽̿̊͑̑̆͗̈̎̄͒̑̋͛̑͑̂͑̀͐̀͑̓͊̇͆̿͑͛͛͆́͆̓̿̇̀̓͑͆͂̓̾̏͊̀̇̍̃́̒̎̀̒̄̓̒̐̑̊̏̌̽̓͂͋̓̐̓͊̌͋̀̐̇̌̓̔͊̈̇́̏͒̋͊̓̆̋̈̀̌̔͆͑̈̐̈̍̀̉̋̈́͊̽͂̿͌͊̆̾̉͐̿̓̄̾͑̈́͗͗̂̂́̇͂̀̈́́̽̈́̓̓͂̽̓̀̄͌̐̔̄̄͒͌̈́̅̉͊̂͒̀̈́̌͂̽̀̑̏̽̀͑̐̐͋̀̀͋̓̅͋͗̍́͗̈́̆̏̇͊̌̏̔̑̐̈́͑̎͑͆̏̎́̑̍̏̒̌̊͘͘̚̕̚̕̕̚̕̚̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͠͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅ8̵̨̛̛̛̛̮͍͕̥͉̦̥̱̞̜̫̘̤̖̬͍͇͓̜̻̪̤̣̣̹̑͑̏̈́̐̐́̎͒̔͒̌̑̓̆̓͑̉̈́́͋̌͋͐͛͋̃̍̽̊͗͋͊̂̅͊͑́͋͛̉̏̓͌̾̈́̀͛͊̾͑̌̀̀̌̓̏̑́̄̉̌͂́͛̋͊̄͐͊̈́̀̌̆̎̿̓̔̍̎̀̍̚̕̕͘͘͘̕̚͝͝͠͠͠0̶̡̡̡̢̨̨͕̠̠͉̺̻̯̱̘͇̥͎͖̯͕̖̬̭͔̪̪͎̺̠̤̬̬̤̣̭̣͍̥̱̘̳̣̤͚̭̥͚̦͙̱̦͕̼͖͙͕͇̭͓͉͎̹̣̣͕̜͍͖̳̭͕̼̳̖̩͍͔̱̙̠̝̺̰̦̱̿̄̀͐͜͜ͅͅt̶̡̨̡̨̧̢̧̢̨̧̧̧̧̢̡̨̨̢̨̢̧̢̛̛̛̛̛̠͍̞̮͇̪͉̩̗̗͖̫͉͎͓̮̣̘̫͔̘̬̮̙̯̣͕͓̲̣͓͓̣̹̟͈̱͚̘̼̙̖̖̼̙̜̝͙̣̠̪̲̞̖̠̯̖̠̜̱͉̲̺͙̤̻̦̜͎̙̳̺̭̪̱͓̦̹̺͙̫̖̖̰̣͈͍̜̺̘͕̬̥͇̗̖̺̣̲̫̟̣̜̭̟̱̳̳̖͖͇̹̯̜̹͙̻̥̙͉͕̜͎͕̦͕̱͖͉̜̹̱̦͔͎̲̦͔̖̘̫̻̹̮̗̮̜̰͇̰͔̱͙̞̠͍͉͕̳͍̰̠̗̠̯̜̩͓̭̺̦̲̲͖̯̩̲̣̠͉̦̬͓̠̜̲͍̘͇̳̳͔̼̣͚̙͙͚͕̙̘̣̠͍̟̪̝̲͇͚̦̖͕̰̟̪͖̳̲͉͙̰̭̼̩̟̝̣̝̬̳͎̙̱͒̃̈͊̔͒͗̐̄̌͐͆̍͂̃̈́̾͗̅̐͒̓̆͛̂̾͋̍͂̂̄̇̿̈͌̅̈́̃̾̔̇̇̾̀͊͋̋̌̄͌͆͆̎̓̈́̾̊͊̇̌̔̈́̈́̀̐͊̊̍͑̊̈̓͑̀́̅̀̑̈́̽̃̽͛̇́̐̓̀͆̔̈̀̍̏̆̓̆͒̋́̋̍́̂̉͛̓̓̂̋̎́̒̏̈͋̃̽͆̓̀̔͑̈́̓͌͑̅̽́̐̍̉̑̓̈́͌̋̈́͂̊́͆͂̇̈́̔̃͌̅̈́͌͛̑̐̓̔̈́̀͊͛̐̾͐̔̾̈̃̈̄͑̓̋̇̉̉̚̕̚͘̕̚̚̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͠ͅͅͅͅͅi̵̢̧̢̧̡̧̢̢̧̢̢̢̡̡̡̧̧̡̡̧̛̛͈̺̲̫͕̞͓̥̖̭̜̫͉̻̗̭̖͔̮̠͇̩̹̱͈̗̭͈̤̠̮͙͇̲͙̰̳̹̲͙̜̟͚͎͓̦̫͚̻̟̰̣̲̺̦̫͓̖̯̝̬͉̯͓͈̫̭̜̱̞̹̪͔̤̜͙͓̗̗̻̟͎͇̺̘̯̲̝̫͚̰̹̫̗̳̣͙̮̱̲͕̺̠͉̫̖̟͖̦͉̟͈̭̣̹̱̖̗̺̘̦̠̯̲͔̘̱̣͙̩̻̰̠͓͙̰̺̠̖̟̗̖͉̞̣̥̝̤̫̫̜͕̻͉̺͚̣̝̥͇̭͎̖̦̙̲͈̲̠̹̼͎͕̩͓̖̥̘̱̜͙̹̝͔̭̣̮̗̞̩̣̬̯̜̻̯̩̮̩̹̻̯̬̖͂̈͂̒̇͗͑̐̌̎̑̽̑̈̈́͑̽́̊͋̿͊͋̅̐̈́͑̇̿̈́̌͌̊̅͂̎͆̏̓͂̈̿̏̃͑̏̓͆̔̋̎̕͘͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͠͠ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅZ̴̧̢̨̢̧̢̢̡̧̢̢̢̨̨̨̡̨̧̢̧̛̛̬̖͈̮̝̭̖͖̗̹̣̼̼̘̘̫̠̭̞͙͔͙̜̠̗̪̠̼̫̻͓̳̟̲̳̻̙̼͇̺͎̘̹̼͔̺̹̬̯̤̮̟͈̭̻͚̣̲͔͙̥͕̣̻̰͈̼̱̺̤̤͉̙̦̩̗͎̞͓̭̞̗͉̳̭̭̺̹̹̮͕̘̪̞̱̥͈̹̳͇̟̹̱̙͚̯̮̳̤͍̪̞̦̳̦͍̲̥̳͇̪̬̰̠͙͕̖̝̫̩̯̱̘͓͎̪͈̤̜͎̱̹̹̱̲̻͎̖̳͚̭̪̦̗̬͍̯̘̣̩̬͖̝̹̣̗̭͖̜͕̼̼̲̭͕͔̩͓̞̝͓͍̗̙̯͔̯̞̝̳̜̜͉̖̩͇̩̘̪̥̱͓̭͎͖̱̙̩̜͎̙͉̟͎͔̝̥͕͍͓̹̮̦̫͚̠̯͓̱͖͔͓̤͉̠͙̋͐̀͌̈́͆̾͆̑̔͂͒̀̊̀͋͑̂͊̅͐̿́̈́̐̀̏̋̃̄͆͒̈́̿̎́́̈̀̀͌̔͋͊̊̉̿͗͊͑̔͐̇͆͛̂̐͊̉̄̈́̄̐͂͂͒͑͗̓͑̓̾̑͋̒͐͑̾͂̎̋̃̽̂̅̇̿̍̈́́̄̍͂͑̏̐̾̎̆̉̾͂̽̈̆̔́͋͗̓̑̕͘̕͘͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͠͠͝ͅo̶̪͆́̀͂̂́̄̅͂̿͛̈́̿͊͗́͘͝t̴̡̨̧̨̧̡̧̨̡̢̧̢̡̨̛̪͈̣̭̺̱̪̹̺̣̬̖̣̻͈̞̙͇̩̻̫͈̝̭̟͎̻̟̻̝̱͔̝̼͍̞̼̣̘̤̯͓͉̖̠̤͔̜̙͚͓̻͓̬͓̻̜̯̱̖̳̱̗̠̝̥̩͓̗̪̙͓̖̠͎̗͎̱̮̯̮͙̩̫̹̹̖͙̙͖̻͈̙̻͇͔̙̣̱͔̜̣̭̱͈͕̠̹͙̹͇̻̼͎͍̥̘͙̘̤̜͎̟͖̹̦̺̤͍̣̼̻̱̲͎̗̹͉͙̪̞̻̹͚̰̻͈͈͊̈́̽̀̎̃̊́̈́̏̃̍̉̇̑̂̇̏̀͊̑̓͛̽͋̈́͆́̊͊̍͌̈́̓͊̌̿̂̾̐͑̓̀́͒̃̋̓͆̇̀͊̆͗̂͑͐̀͗̅̆͘̕͘̕̕͜͜͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅḁ̶̢̡̨̧̡̡̨̨̧̨̡̡̢̧̨̡̡̛̛̛͍̱̳͚͕̩͍̺̪̻̫̙͈̬͙̖͙̬͍̬̟̣̝̲̼̜̼̺͎̥̮̝͙̪̘̙̻͖͇͚͙̣̬̖̲̲̥̯̦̗̰̙̗̪̞̗̩̻̪̤̣̜̳̩̦̻͓̞̙͍͙̫̩̹̥͚̻̦̗̰̲̙̫̬̱̺̞̟̻͓̞͚̦̘̝̤͎̤̜̜̥̗̱͈̣̻̰̮̼̙͚͚̠͚̲̤͔̰̭̙̳͍̭͎̙͚͍̟̺͎̝͓̹̰̟͈͈̖̺͙̩̯͔̙̭̟̞̟̼̮̦̜̳͕̞̼͈̜͍̮͕̜͚̝̦̞̥̜̥̗̠̦͇͖̳͈̜̮̣͚̲̟͙̎̈́́͊̔̑̽̅͐͐͆̀͐́̓̅̈͑͑̍̿̏́͆͌̋̌̃̒̽̀̋̀̃̏̌́͂̿̃̎̐͊̒̀̊̅͒̎͆̿̈́̑̐̒̀̈́̓̾͋͆̇̋͒̎̈̄̓̂͊̆͂̈́̒̎͐̇̍̆̋̅̿̔͒̄̇̂̋̈́͆̎̔̇͊̊̈́̔̏͋́̀͂̈́̊͋͂̍̾̓͛̇̔̚͘̚̕̚͘͘̕̕̕̚͘͘̚̕̚̕͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅç̵̧̢̨̢̢̢̧̧̡̨̡̢̧̧̧̨̡̡̨̨̢̢̢̧̨̢̨̢̛̛͉̗̠͇̹̖̝͕͚͎̟̻͓̳̰̻̺̞̣͚̤͙͍͇̗̼͖͔͕͙͖̺͙̖̹̘̘̺͓̜͍̣̰̗̖̺̗̪̘̯̘͚̲͚̲̬̞̹̹͕̭͔̳̘̝̬͉̗̪͉͕̞̫͔̭̭̜͉͔̬̫͙̖̙͚͔͙͚͍̲̘͚̪̗̞̣̞̲͎͔͖̺͍͎̝͎͍̣͍̩̟͈͕̗͉̪̯͉͎͖͍̖͎̖̯̲̘̦̟̭͍͚͓͈͙̬͖̘̱̝̜̘̹̩̝̥̜͎̬͓̬͙͍͇͚̟̫͇̬̲̥̘̞̘̟̘̝̫͈̙̻͇͎̣̪̪̠̲͓͉͙͚̭̪͇̯̠̯̠͖̞̜͓̲͎͇̼̱̦͍͉͈͕͉̗̟̖̗̱̭͚͎̘͓̬͍̱͍̖̯̜̗̹̰̲̩̪͍̞̜̫̩̠͔̻̫͍͇͕̰̰̘͚͈̠̻̮͊̐̿̏̐̀̇̑̐̈͛͑͑̍̑̔̃̈́̓̈́̇̐͑̐̊̆͂̀̏͛̊̔̍̽͗͋̊̍̓̈́̏̅͌̀̽́̑͒͒̓͗̈́̎͌͂̕̚͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͠͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅS̵̡̡̧̧̨̨̡̢̡̡̡̡̧̧̡̧̢̫̯͔̼̲͉͙̱̮̭̗͖̯̤͙̜͚̰̮̝͚̥̜̞̠̤̺̝͇̻̱͙̩̲̺͍̳̤̺̖̝̳̪̻̗̮̪̖̺̹̭͍͇̗̝̱̻̳̝̖̝͎̙͉̞̱̯̙̜͇̯̻̞̱̭̗͉̰̮̞͍̫̺͙͎̙̞̯̟͓͉̹̲͖͎̼̫̩̱͇̲͓̪͉̺̞̻͎̤̥̭̺̘̻̥͇̤̖̰̘̭̳̫̙̤̻͇̪̦̭̱͎̥̟͖͕̣̤̩̟̲̭̹̦̹̣͖̖͒̈́̈́̓͗̈̄͂̈́̅̐̐̿̎̂͗̎̿̕͘͜͜͜͜͝͝ͅͅt̸̡̡̧̧̨̡̢̛̥̥̭͍̗͈̩͕͔͔̞̟͍̭͇̙̺̤͚͎͈͎͕̱͈̦͍͔͓̬͚̗̰̦͓̭̰̭̎̀̂̈́̓̒̈́̈́̂̄̋́̇̂͐͒̋̋̉͐̉̏̇͋̓̈́͐̾͋̒͒͐̊̊̀̄͆̄͆̑͆̇̊̓̚̚̕̚̕͜͠͝͝ͅͅơ̵̡̨̡̡̡̨̛̺͕̼͔̼̪̳͖͓̠̘̘̳̼͚͙͙͚̰͚͚͖̥̦̥̘̖̜̰͔̠͕̦͎̞̮͚͕͍̤̠̦͍̥̝̰̖̳̫̮̪͇̤̱̜͙͔̯͙̙̼͇̹̥̜͈̲̺̝̻̮̬̼̫̞̗̣̪̱͓̺̜̠͇͚͓̳̹̥̳̠͍̫͈̟͈̘̯̬̞͔̝͍͍̥̒̐͗͒͂͆̑̀̿̏́̀͑͗̐́̀̾̓́̌̇̒̈́̌̓͐̃̈́̒̂̀̾͂̊̀̂͐̃̄̓̔̽̒̈́̇̓͌̇̂̆̒̏̊̋͊͛͌̊̇̒̅͌̄̎̔̈́͊́̽̋̈̇̈́́͊̅͂̎̃͌͊͛͂̄̽̈́̿͐̉̽̿́́̉͆̈́̒́̂̾̄̇̌̒̈̅̍̿̐͑̓͊̈́̈̋̈́̉̍̋̊̈̀̈́̾̿̌̀̈́͌̑̍́̋̒̀̂̈́́̾̏̐̅̈̑͗͐̈͂̄̾̄̈́̍̉͑͛͗͋̈́̃̄̊́́͐̀̀̽̇̓̄̓̃͋͋̂̽̔̀̎͌̈́̈́̑̓̔̀̓͐͛͆̿̋͑͛̈́͂̅̋̅͆͗̇́̀̒́̏͒̐̍͂̓͐͐̇̂̉̑̊͑̉̋̍͊̄̀͂̎͒̔͊̃̏̕̚̕̕͘͘͘̚͘̚͘̕͘̚͘̚̚̚̕͘͜͜͜͝͝͠͠͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅc̴̨̡̢̢̢̡̡̢̛̛̛̻͇̝̣͉͚͎͕̻̦͖̤̖͇̪̩̤̻̭̮̙̰̖̰̳̪̱̹̳̬͖̣͙̼̙̰̻̘͇͚̺̗̩̫̞̳̼̤͔͍͉̟͕̯̺͈̤̰̹̍̋́͆̾̆̊͆͋̀͑͒̄̿̄̀̂͋̊͆́͑̑̽͊̓́̔̽̌͊̄͑͒͐̑͗̿̃̀̓̅́̿͗̈́͌̋̀̏̂͌̓́̇̀͒͋̌̌̅͋͌̆͐̀̔̒͐̊̇̿̽̀̈́̃̒̋̀̈́̃̏̂̊͗̑̊̈̇̀̌͐̈́̉̂̏͊̄͐̈̽͒̏̒̓́̌̓̅́̓̃͐͊͒̄͑̒͌̍̈́̕͘̚͘̕͘̚̕͜͝͠͝͝͝ͅǩ̴̢̢̢̧̨̢̢̢̨̨̨̢̢̢̨̧̨̡̡̢̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̜̥̩̙͕̮̪̻͈̘̯̼̰̜͚̰͖̬̳͖̣̭̼͔̲͉̭̺͚̺̟͉̝̱̲͎͉̙̥̤͚͙̬̪̜̺͙͍̱̞̭̬̩̖̤̹̤̺̦͈̰̗̰͍͇̱̤̬̬͙̙̲̙̜͖͓̙̟̙̯̪͍̺̥͔͕̝̳̹̻͇̠̣͈̰̦͓͕̩͇͈͇̖͙͍̰̲̤̞͎̟̝̝͈͖͔͖̦̮̗̬̞̞̜̬̠̹̣̣̲̮̞̤̜̤̲̙͔͕̯͔͍̤͕̣͔͙̪̫̝̣̰̬̬̭̞͔̦̟̥̣̻͉͈̮̥̦̮̦͕̤͇̺͆͆̈͗̄̀̌̔̈́̈̉̾̊̐̆̂͛̀̋́̏̀̿͒̓̈́̈́͂̽̾͗͊̋̐̓̓̀̃̊̊͑̓̈̎̇͑̆̂̉̾̾̑͊̉̃́̑͌̀̌̐̅̃̿̆̎̈́̀̒́͛̓̀̊́̋͛͒͊̆̀̃̊͋̋̾̇̒̋͂̏͗͆̂̔́̐̀́͗̅̈̋̂̎̒͊̌̉̈̈́͌̈́̔̾̊̎́͐͒̋̽̽́̾̿̚̕͘͘̚̕̕̕̚̚̕̚̕͘͜͜͜͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅB̸̢̧̨̡̢̧̨̡̡̨̡̨̡̡̡̢̨̢̨̛̛̛̛̛̛͉̞͚̰̭̲͈͎͕͈̦͍͈̮̪̤̻̻͉̫̱͔̞̫̦̰͈̗̯̜̩̪̲̻̖̳͖̦͎͔̮̺̬̬̼̦̠̪̤͙͍͓̜̥̙̖̫̻̜͍̻̙̖̜̹͔̗̪̜̖̼̞̣̠̫͉̯̮̤͈͎̝̪͎͇͙̦̥͙̳̫̰̪̣̱̘̤̭̱͍̦͔̖͎̺̝̰̦̱̣͙̙̤͚̲͔̘̱̜̻͔̥̻͖̭͔̜͉̺͕͙͖̜͉͕̤͚̠̩̮̟͚̗͈͙̟̞̮̬̺̻̞͔̥͉͍̦̤͓̦̻̦̯̟̰̭̝̘̩̖̝͔̳͉̗̖̱̩̩̟͙͙͛̀͐̈́̂̇͛̅̒̉̏̈́̿͐́̏̃̏̓̌̽͐̈́͛̍͗͆͛̋̔̉͂̔̂̓̌͌͋̂͆̉͑̊̎́̈́̈̂͆͑́̃̍̇̿̅̾́́̿̅̾̆̅̈́̈̓͒͌͛̃͆̋͂̏̓̅̀͂̽̂̈̈́̎̾̐͋͑̅̍̈́̑̅̄͆̓̾̈́͐̎̊͐̌̌̓͊̊̔̈́̃͗̓͊͐̌͆̓͗̓̓̾̂̽͊͗́́́̽͊͆͋͊̀̑̿̔͒̏̈́́̏͆̈́͋̒͗͂̄̇̒͐̃͑̅̍͒̎̈́̌̋́̓͂̀̇͛̋͊͆̈́̋́̍̃͒̆̕̚̚̕̕̕͘̕̚̚͘̕͜͜͜͜͝͠͠͝͠͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅI̵̡̢̧̨̡̢̨̡̡̢̡̧̡̢̢̢̡̢̛̛͕͎͕̩̠̹̩̺̣̳̱͈̻̮̺̟̘̩̻̫͖̟͓̩̜̙͓͇̙̱̭̰̻̫̥̗̠͍͍͚̞̘̫͉̬̫̖̖̦͖͉̖̩̩̖̤̺̥̻̝͈͎̻͓̟̹͍̲͚͙̹̟̟̯͚̳̟͕̮̻̟͈͇̩̝̼̭̯͚͕̬͇̲̲̯̰̖̙̣̝͇̠̞̙͖͎̮̬̳̥̣̺̰͔̳̳̝̩̤̦̳̞̰̩̫̟͚̱̪̘͕̫̼͉̹̹̟̮̱̤̜͚̝̠̤̖̮̯̳͖̗̹̞̜̹̭̿̏͋̒͆̔̄̃̾̓͛̾̌́̅̂͆̔͌͆͋̔̾́̈̇̐̄̑̓̂̾́̄̿̓̅̆͌̉̎̏̄͛̉͆̓̎͒͘̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͠ͅͅƠ̷̢̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̟̰͔͔͇̲̰̮̘̭̭̖̥̟̘̠̬̺̪͇̲͋͂̅̈́̍͂̽͗̾͒̇̇̒͐̍̽͊́̑̇̑̾̉̓̈̾͒̍̌̅̒̾̈́̆͌̌̾̎̽̐̅̏́̈̔͛̀̋̃͊̒̓͗͒̑͒̃͂̌̄̇̑̇͛̆̾͛̒̇̍̒̓̀̈́̄̐͂̍͊͗̎̔͌͛̂̏̉̊̎͗͊͒̂̈̽̊́̔̊̃͑̈́̑̌̋̓̅̔́́͒̄̈́̈̂͐̈̅̈̓͌̓͊́̆͌̉͐̊̉͛̓̏̓̅̈́͂̉̒̇̉̆̀̍̄̇͆͛̏̉̑̃̓͂́͋̃̆̒͋̓͊̄́̓̕̕̕̚͘͘͘̚̕̚͘̕̕͜͜͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͠ͅS̷̢̨̧̢̡̨̢̨̢̨̧̧̨̧͚̱̪͇̱̮̪̮̦̝͖̜͙̘̪̘̟̱͇͎̻̪͚̩͍̠̹̮͚̦̝̤͖̙͔͚̙̺̩̥̻͈̺̦͕͈̹̳̖͓̜͚̜̭͉͇͖̟͔͕̹̯̬͍̱̫̮͓̙͇̗̙̼͚̪͇̦̗̜̼̠͈̩̠͉͉̘̱̯̪̟͕̘͖̝͇̼͕̳̻̜͖̜͇̣̠̹̬̗̝͓̖͚̺̫͛̉̅̐̕͘͜͜͜͜ͅͅͅ.̶̨̢̢̨̢̨̢̛̻͙̜̼̮̝̙̣̘̗̪̜̬̳̫̙̮̣̹̥̲̥͇͈̮̟͉̰̮̪̲̗̳̰̫̙͍̦̘̠̗̥̮̹̤̼̼̩͕͉͕͇͙̯̫̩̦̟̦̹͈͔̱̝͈̤͓̻̟̮̱͖̟̹̝͉̰͊̓̏̇͂̅̀̌͑̿͆̿̿͗̽̌̈́̉̂̀̒̊̿͆̃̄͑͆̃̇͒̀͐̍̅̃̍̈́̃̕͘͜͜͝͠͠z̴̢̢̡̧̢̢̧̢̨̡̨̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̲͚̠̜̮̠̜̞̤̺͈̘͍̻̫͖̣̥̗̙̳͓͙̫̫͖͍͇̬̲̳̭̘̮̤̬̖̼͎̬̯̼̮͔̭̠͎͓̼̖̟͈͓̦̩̦̳̙̮̗̮̩͙͓̮̰̜͎̺̞̝̪͎̯̜͈͇̪̙͎̩͖̭̟͎̲̩͔͓͈͌́̿͐̍̓͗͑̒̈́̎͂̋͂̀͂̑͂͊͆̍͛̄̃͌͗̌́̈̊́́̅͗̉͛͌͋̂̋̇̅̔̇͊͑͆̐̇͊͋̄̈́͆̍̋̏͑̓̈́̏̀͒̂̔̄̅̇̌̀̈́̿̽̋͐̾̆͆͆̈̌̿̈́̎͌̊̓̒͐̾̇̈́̍͛̅͌̽́̏͆̉́̉̓̅́͂͛̄̆͌̈́̇͐̒̿̾͌͊͗̀͑̃̊̓̈̈́̊͒̒̏̿́͑̄̑͋̀̽̀̔̀̎̄͑̌̔́̉̐͛̓̐̅́̒̎̈͆̀̍̾̀͂̄̈́̈́̈́̑̏̈́̐̽̐́̏̂̐̔̓̉̈́͂̕̚̕͘͘̚͘̚̕̚̚̚͘̕̕̕͜͜͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅī̸̧̧̧̡̨̨̢̨̛̛̘͓̼̰̰̮̗̰͚̙̥̣͍̦̺͈̣̻͇̱͔̰͈͓͖͈̻̲̫̪̲͈̜̲̬̖̻̰̦̰͙̤̘̝̦̟͈̭̱̮̠͍̖̲͉̫͔͖͔͈̻̖̝͎̖͕͔̣͈̤̗̱̀̅̃̈́͌̿̏͋̊̇̂̀̀̒̉̄̈́͋͌̽́̈́̓̑̈̀̍͗͜͜͠͠ͅp̴̢̢̧̨̡̡̨̢̨̢̢̢̨̡̛̛͕̩͕̟̫̝͈̖̟̣̲̖̭̙͇̟̗͖͎̹͇̘̰̗̝̹̤̺͉͎̙̝̟͙͚̦͚͖̜̫̰͖̼̤̥̤̹̖͉͚̺̥̮̮̫͖͍̼̰̭̤̲͔̩̯̣͖̻͇̞̳̬͉̣̖̥̣͓̤͔̪̙͎̰̬͚̣̭̞̬͎̼͉͓̮͙͕̗̦̞̥̮̘̻͎̭̼͚͎͈͇̥̗͖̫̮̤̦͙̭͎̝͖̣̰̱̩͎̩͎̘͇̟̠̱̬͈̗͍̦̘̱̰̤̱̘̫̫̮̥͕͉̥̜̯͖̖͍̮̼̲͓̤̮͈̤͓̭̝̟̲̲̳̟̠͉̙̻͕͙̞͔̖͈̱̞͓͔̬̮͎̙̭͎̩̟̖͚̆͐̅͆̿͐̄̓̀̇̂̊̃̂̄̊̀͐̍̌̅͌̆͊̆̓́̄́̃̆͗͊́̓̀͑͐̐̇͐̍́̓̈́̓̑̈̈́̽͂́̑͒͐͋̊͊̇̇̆̑̃̈́̎͛̎̓͊͛̐̾́̀͌̐̈́͛̃̂̈̿̽̇̋̍͒̍͗̈͘̚̚͘̚͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͜͠͠͝͝ͅͅͅ☻♥■∞{╚mYÄÜXτ╕○\╚Θº£¥ΘBM@Q05♠{{↨↨▬§¶‼↕◄►☼1♦  wumbo╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ

23 hours ago, Kryptyx said:

I'll admit the content has gotten a bit stale for me too. I don't know if it is the tech itself or what but I just don't find the more recent videos to hold my attention like they used to. I still watch the WAN show and even enjoy Channel Super Fun but most of the other videos feel forced. I know that LMG needs to make money and product placement/sponsorship is a really big part of that but i feel like it's almost too much at times. I would love to see some new sponsors or sponsor of the month or something different... I'm so tired of Tunnel Space Linda Shave Club.

Now it is not linda dollar shave club or square space. 

Now is Dbrand and all those phone reviews... and powerbank etc...

On 6/13/2016 at 10:57 AM, MobFactory said:

LTT stated out hand held and low production quality then in 2014 (+- 1 year) they got really high production value with really nice camera work and now its really starting to go back to the original look. It started with only updates and some server or action thing being in this low production value style but now its effecting basically all of their videos. Build logs are no longer professionally made. Reviews are the only thing that even barely resembles 2014 LTT. I'm not necessarily saying its a bad thing but it is kind of disappointing. They spent so much on cameras and professional video editors and now they've reverted. Anyone else have this feeling?

Oh, this thread again... lol. Not trying to be rude, but it seems like this comes up about every 6 months. People truly don't like change...

If you honestly think that we're starting to "go back to the original look," I'd like you to go back and watch some of the content from the 2008-2012 days :P trust me, it is a lot worse than you remember.

I won't argue that the content on our channel has changed a LOT - and it will continue to change. As our hosts and production crew continue to grow personally and professionally their tastes, opinion, skills, and many other aspects will change. And for the content to remain the same would provide a final product that isn't genuine. That's one of the things that I love about working here - whether the audience feels that the content is great, or that the content sucks, it is always going to be the content that our team wants to make. And for that reason, we thank those that support every video so very, very much.

2014 was an amazing year for the industry. Devil's Canyon (I think? I can't keep these names straight...). Haswell-E. 900 series. 200series. Ultrawide monitors were introduced. We did the Mineral Oil PC. We built whole room watercooling.

2014 was an explosive year for the channel as well. We hit 1 million subscribers, and that was the first year that we began to gain a lot of freedom in the content we could create, as the channel became much more ubiquitous and the reach was significant enough to facilitate whatever parts requests we had. All in all it was an incredible year, and we created some amazing content throughout it.

While some of your feedback has a lot of value - build logs have been very vloggy lately, and build guides have been non-existent - I feel like some of the disappointment does in fact come from the lack of interesting new products on the market, as well as the overall "incremental" direction of the industry.

We simply don't review products like PSUs and CPU coolers anymore because 1. new entries are, for the most part, iterative improvements nowadays and 2. the marketplace is just a spreadsheet. "This is priced between cooler a and cooler b and performs a little better than cooler a and a little worse than cooler b. It's from a brand that we trust, so it's probably a safe choice if you're building a new PC or upgrading."

Those videos are boring to create and even more boring to watch when you could just as easily glean the info you need from skimming a text article. What we're trying to do here is create something that is both entertaining and informative every single day. And yes, sometimes we do not succeed in that. But I think we have a damn good track record of doing so, especially given the amount of content we create.

A negative aspect of the change in direction is that it also contributes to the lack of build guides. It's a lot easier to set aside 8 or more hours for concepting, planning, and scripting, 16-20 hours of shooting time (x2 as Linus and one shooter have to be there for the full duration), plus 3-4 full days of editing minimum (if you factor in the awesome animated intros on our build guides) when you're reviewing something like a CPU cooler on 2 of the other 6 release days that week.

Again, I don't mean to come off as rude here - we definitely appreciate the feedback. I just think that there are other factors in play that many people don't consider, coupled with the fact that many people see the old content through rose-colored glasses.

On 6/13/2016 at 11:01 AM, ThinkWithPortals said:

Build logs? What build logs?

That's one thing that really disappoints me, my favourite videos on LTT were the build guides and build logs with informative yet entertaining commentary and slick-looking graphics. They hardly do them any more :(

Despite this, I do think the channel has improved on the whole, particularly in the set design and B-roll departments.

I certainly miss the build guides as well. It's just incredibly difficult to justify setting aside 60 man hours (minimum) for a single video when we have so much on the go.

On 6/13/2016 at 11:11 AM, MobFactory said:

Ok... Just to prove my point:

Build Log from 1 month ago:  Look at the vlog style in a supposedly studio quality video.

Build Log from 2 years ago: GOOOOD

I mean sure, the thumbnails better now. But in every other way the old video is superior.

Quick point of clarification:

A build LOG is not the same as a build GUIDE.

A build LOG is supposed to be an overview video. A build GUIDE is an in-depth walkthrough and showcase.

We are not trying to pass those two videos off as the same, so please don't imply that we are ("Look at the vlog style in a supposedly studio quality video"). They are specifically labeled as different styles of videos.

No one here is going to argue with your claim that the build guide is a higher quality video than the build log. It also takes 3-4 times as long to make at minimum.

On 6/13/2016 at 11:12 AM, ThinkWithPortals said:

I think the B-roll feels completely at home in review-type scripted videos, and the footage itself is beautiful. Brandon and the other cinematographers do a fantastic job IMO.

I reckon they only didn't use sets for the Tech Showdown because they needed specific conditions (ie: concealed from the other team, open enough to work, etc.) that sets didn't provide.

I think it's completely understandable that LTT changed in two years. No YT channel does stay the same for that long. I think the videos are higher quality with nicer cinematography, but I do wish they'd hark back to the good ol' days once in a while with the odd professional looking build guide (not just a log, but a detailed guide) or some other older-style content. Overall, I think they're doing a stellar job.

We have different sets for different reasons. As you mentioned, stuff like Tech Showdown requires a different backdrop and a set with different capabilities than something like a review.

Thanks very much for the kind words.

On 6/13/2016 at 11:24 AM, NannerBeans said:

Those build guides were very time consuming to make. Like for every one of those, they could have done 10 videos on other things. There aren't that many different build guides that they can do anyway and they don't want to repeat what they've already done. They said they were spending the time on the different series instead of doing build guides. 

Pretty much hit the nail on the head.

One of the reasons we haven't been doing build guides lately is that we want that format to maintain its prominence. We don't want to do "another 4K-capable PC build guide" every month, or every quarter, or even every year. We want each one to have an amazing identity and scratch a different (yet equally satisfying) itch for the PC-inclined.

And of course, the huge time commitment involved in making one is a bit of a hindrance as well. I don't know about 10 other videos, but it's certainly in the 4-6 range.

I certainly hope that we'll do some more build guides soon, but that is not within my control.

On 6/13/2016 at 11:27 AM, byalexandr said:

Linus specifically said he is aiming to produce more vlog style videos and move away from traditional product reviews.

I wouldn't doubt that Linus said that exactly, but I think what he MEANT was that he only wants to do a traditional product review if he's genuinely interested in the product that he is reviewing.

If we can create an entertaining or informative piece of content in a non-standard format, then we would rather do that than try to get blood from a stone with a review of a product that is genuinely boring.

On 6/13/2016 at 0:39 PM, mrchow19910319 said:

I do not care about those fake phones reviews, do not care about what factory tour you guys did.

I want hardware review, and please, please bring back the 45 mins old school build vlog.

And mods don't delete my post...I am not a troll, just a fan that has some opinion..................... 

002.png

Not really sure what you mean by calling those videos "fake," but unfortunately this just seems like a personal preference thing. A lot of people enjoy our phone reviews, and the factory tour videos we have done in the past have received some of the most positive responses of any of our videos.

Let me make something 100% clear here. Brands, and the relationships we have with brands, do not have an impact on the content we create. Even in sponsored projects, we maintain control over the editorial aspects of our videos, and we ensure that brands understand that what they are buying is a spot on our channel, not a positive opinion from our host(s).

Whenever something on our channel is being created at the request of a brand, that is fully disclosed, and you can take that content with as many grains of salt as you feel necessary. But our team here works incredibly hard to make sure that the opinions of our hosts are not compromised by any brand partnership or sponsorship deals we may have in place - in the past, the present, and into the future.

On 6/13/2016 at 0:43 PM, LoGiCalDrm said:

The base of audience gain was with iPhone bending stuff. And because most registered YT users don't bother unsubscribing channels which don't flood their feed, Lou can keep the masses.

That spurred a massive initial growth, but Lew's growth over the last year and a half or so has mainly been fueled by smart product choices, titling, thumbnails, and giveaways. (And of course, the personality of the host, but I feel like that's implied...) If you look at his Socialblade graphs you'll notice that he reached almost Bendgate levels of growth late last year, in part due to the massive giveaways he was running at that time.

He targets a much more mainstream tech audience than our channel does, and he does a hell of a good job of it. Really interesting case study if you want to learn about channel growth.

On 6/13/2016 at 1:29 PM, samcool55 said:

Well i think it makes sense. LTT is atm more stuff with tech than stuff about tech which is somewhat in line with the philosophy linus has with LMG.

He told us he want to make LTT more like top gear, which is the case now depending how you look at it.

Top gear (the good UK one) started by reviewing cars and always taking about them (old LTT).

In recent years, they did a lot of stuff with cars and less stuff about cars, the reviews made place for entertaining stuff with cars and tbh this is the case now with LTT.

Reviews are still there, only did it make place for just random entertaining stuff with tech.

What i have to tell is that even tho i like the idea linus has with LTT, the execution isn't always perfect, but i believe that if we give LMG enough time they will eventually figure out a way to make entertaining stuff with tech while keeping the quality up.

I still think there is a lot of growth to be had in the content. The "Top Gear of tech" has always been the "goal," and I think we're doing a good job of showcasing tech in an interesting and fun way that other people really aren't, but I think we have a LONG way to go before I can comfortably say that we have reached that level.

On 6/13/2016 at 1:32 PM, Prysin said:

hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha

right. Professional...

We have a very talented group of editors who do a great job of creating high quality content on a very tight timeline. So yes, I would very much call them professionals.

On 6/13/2016 at 3:14 PM, Kryptyx said:

I'll admit the content has gotten a bit stale for me too. I don't know if it is the tech itself or what but I just don't find the more recent videos to hold my attention like they used to. I still watch the WAN show and even enjoy Channel Super Fun but most of the other videos feel forced. I know that LMG needs to make money and product placement/sponsorship is a really big part of that but i feel like it's almost too much at times. I would love to see some new sponsors or sponsor of the month or something different... I'm so tired of Tunnel Space Linda Shave Club.

I can certainly understand how some of ads may feel stale, but we choose to work with brands that we know and trust. We only put our name behind companies that we can comfortably recommend to our viewers. And when that recommendation is shaken through negative actions (or an inability to take action), we make sure that the viewer is taken care of, or that the brand is no longer on our channel.

We're always working on getting new sponsors involved (I'll probably try to grow this team even more over the next year or so as 2 people really isn't cutting it anymore), but there are mainstays on the channel that provide good value to our viewers and always express interest in advertising further. So yes, unfortunately some of them will get a bit stale. The good news is that with those guys I'm making a big effort to get new messaging for you guys more often, so that it's not the same stale talking points each time :) 

4 hours ago, MobFactory said:

To be honest it seems like you have a very focused interest-group (nothing wrong with that - just basing that on the two channels you listed as your favorites). The two channels you mentioned are very much mobile- and wearable-focused. Yes, we dabble in those areas, but we have a TON of variety in the tech that we cover, so it's not that surprising that some of our content may not be as interesting to you.

I would LOVE to have the access level to cool sh*t like the 2017 Acura NSX that The Verge gets. But, as big as we are in PC-hardware and even general tech, our name still doesn't hold the same weight as a "mainstream" outlet like The Verge to brands like Acura.

We're working on it :)

4 hours ago, DevilishBooster said:

I personally like (most) of the content that LMG has put out in the last couple years. Sure some of the stuff has been on the lower end, but you will notice that those episodes tend to be one-off's because the viewer support just isn't there. You should also note that they have maintained their "one a day" release schedule, despite the run time of their avg video growing from 5-10 minutes (from what I remember) to the LTT videos running an avg 15-20 minutes per episode (I could be very wrong on these avg numbers since I'm not crunching the data and just going off memory, but I'm sure @LinusTech, @Slick, or @nicklmg could set me straight). I find it exciting to watch the company grow and see some of the struggles that goes with owning your own business (especially because I want to eventually own my own computer business). 

This is a big thing that a lot of people overlook.

Yes, we do produce a lot of "new series," and have been doing even more of that here in 2016. But how else are we supposed to innovate? It's not like we have the time and resources to create a new format, put it through a bunch of focus groups, shoot 1-2 pilot episodes for internal testing, and then finally release it to the public once we've perfected it. You guys get a very raw look at a lot of the ideas that we have, and I actually like that a lot.

Sometimes those ideas are incredible and the viewer response reflects that. Other times they're not. It's all part of the growth process, and I'm glad that we can share it with you guys :). I think it gives a lot more of a "real" feel to the channel.

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

The Verge is closer to printed media than Youtube video production channels. Their background (yes, I read Wikipedia for this) is with Engadged so its more towards in depth looks and videos to spice written content. Pretty much like what OC3D is.

They're also owned by Vox Media, a company that is valued somewhere near $400 million. So... yeah... they're gonna have more resources and better access to a lot of products than we do.

Sorry for the super long post. Hope it helped clarify a bit of what we're trying to do around here, and why we make some of the decisions that we do.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with what our team is doing right now, and while not every piece of content we create is perfect, I think each one has that LTT feel that you guys know and (hopefully) love. And yes, I'm going to go bug Linus about doing a build guide soon.

Always good to hear feedback from the community. Hopefully we continue to change and grow in ways that you enjoy.

@nicklmg This is what I like

He actually saw this and replied to people. If that's not professional I don't know what is then.

Keep up the good work. I like the direction LTT is going towards. I kinda do want more build guides.

I am noticing that I am moving more towards to Channel Super Fun because Berkel is funny as fuck.

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Well, this thread is the last time I am gonna complain/debate to you guys.

Enough said. 

I still think that LTT's forum has the most objective fan base.

Love all the people here and thanks for @nicklmg's respond. 

On 6/13/2016 at 1:57 PM, MobFactory said:

LTT stated out hand held and low production quality then in 2014 (+- 1 year) they got really high production value with really nice camera work and now its really starting to go back to the original look. It started with only updates and some server or action thing being in this low production value style but now its effecting basically all of their videos. Build logs are no longer professionally made. Reviews are the only thing that even barely resembles 2014 LTT. I'm not necessarily saying its a bad thing but it is kind of disappointing. They spent so much on cameras and professional video editors and now they've reverted. Anyone else have this feeling?

its called ads

and ads

and promoted content

and the moneygrab that vessel is

and quantity, not quality (for some things.. there is some very nice content tho)

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

23 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Well, this thread is the last time I am gonna complain/debate to you guys.

Enough said. 

I still think that LTT's forum has the most objective fan base.

Love all the people here and thanks for @nicklmg's respond. 

I may be misunderstanding here, but if my reply came off as combative or dismissive of the feedback then I apologize. I was just trying to lay out the facts as they are.

We certainly value the feedback/discussion, and appreciate that you care enough about the content to comment here, I just think your complaints were a bit misguided, especially "I just feel like Linus is being tied, by sponsors, probably because they are the ones that paying him." That is simply not true.

48 minutes ago, Goodman2265 said:

@nicklmg This is what I like

He actually saw this and replied to people. If that's not professional I don't know what is then.

Keep up the good work. I like the direction LTT is going towards. I kinda do want more build guides.

I am noticing that I am moving more towards to Channel Super Fun because Berkel is funny as fuck.

No arguments there. He's a funny guyyyyy!

I love the non professional way he conducted his videos, it was all part of his charm, maybe thats why I cant resist watching Tiny Tom Logan when I get the chance.

Edit: example

First video of his I ever watched. 2012

Now, 2016

Yes I appreciate the B-roll and the informative videos but it was his unscripted amateurish videos that made me fall in love with his channel and quirky personality...

Oh and No Dbrand, no squarespace, no Linda.com to be found on the first video.

I think the solution to LTT's problems is bringing back unboxings, that and the hour+ long build logs with tables of contents and shit like that.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

2 hours ago, nicklmg said:

I may be misunderstanding here, but if my reply came off as combative or dismissive of the feedback then I apologize. I was just trying to lay out the facts as they are.

We certainly value the feedback/discussion, and appreciate that you care enough about the content to comment here, I just think your complaints were a bit misguided, especially "I just feel like Linus is being tied, by sponsors, probably because they are the ones that paying him." That is simply not true.

I'll take that back.

No hard feelings.

I just wish there were more reviews and less scripting on the reviews that actually do get released. I understand trying to be professional/concise but just make sure you hit your key bullet points and then just talk about the product. I feel like the scripting is what removed a lot of the personality from (some) of the videos. Thats why my favorite videos now are the vlogs / scrapyard wars / wan show videos. 

but yeah i'd like to see more reviews (cases, lets see some aftermarket 1080 reviews already... etc). i know computex just happened but the new flagship GPUs should also be a priority (maybe bring linus to computex but send someone instead of luke so he can keep up on reviews / other content? or vice versa) maybe some product comparisons... for example, test all the most popular premium case fans on the market to see which perform the best, etc. Even just pay attention to the most popular questions on the forums and make videos accordingly. The #1 question when the 1080 dropped was "will this bottleneck my CPU". Get some different CPU's together and run some tests, I'd be really interested in that video.

Anyways I still love the channel, watch most of the videos, sub to Vessel just for LTT, etc. so I'm not hating. I just think there are a few small changes that could make things even better :D

6 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Oh, this thread again... lol. Not trying to be rude, but it seems like this comes up about every 6 months. People truly don't like change.........
.........Always good to hear feedback from the community. Hopefully we continue to change and grow in ways that you enjoy.

Thanks For the response @nicklmg. Yeah i get what you mean in a lot of the cases (puns yeahhhhh) still i am a huge fan and i watch all the lan shows (not live since they happen at 1:30am here). It is partly the industries fault as improvement slows but i just dont want this channel to turn into another chrispirillo, Soldierknowsbest or Technobuffalo. The latter finally recovered/ing. I really did not expect this topic to pick up like it did. You guys are an awesome video group, just try and find new tech you can review... IK its probably a lot tougher than i think but it'd be great to see a car/connected appliences video. Also biggest suggestion: Ive seen a couple people build their own gaming laptop online. It'd be awesome if you guys could try and build a gaming laptop. Maybe make it a competition between linus and luke (who can build the smallest, most powerful, etc.)

You guys have improved in many ways. Colour grading is far better (it was very flat in 2014). B Roll is awesome and you've done bigger tasks like BYW and the build showdown (not sure how its called)

Thanks again for responding and sorry if it sounded at all like hate, just critiquing an awesome channel.

5 hours ago, TheKDub said:

I think the solution to LTT's problems is bringing back unboxings, that and the hour+ long build logs with tables of contents and shit like that.

We tried bringing back unboxings last year. We received nothing but complaints and hate about "how unprofessional the video was" and "how little respect Linus gave to the product."

Honestly, I know a lot of people don't like to hear this, but many viewers see our old content through rose colored glasses. Most of the time it was not nearly as good as you remember it being lol.

2 hours ago, ohitsluca said:

but yeah i'd like to see more reviews (cases, lets see some aftermarket 1080 reviews already... etc). i know computex just happened but the new flagship GPUs should also be a priority (maybe bring linus to computex but send someone instead of luke so he can keep up on reviews / other content? or vice versa) maybe some product comparisons... for example, test all the most popular premium case fans on the market to see which perform the best, etc. Even just pay attention to the most popular questions on the forums and make videos accordingly. The #1 question when the 1080 dropped was "will this bottleneck my CPU". Get some different CPU's together and run some tests, I'd be really interested in that video.

Anyways I still love the channel, watch most of the videos, sub to Vessel just for LTT, etc. so I'm not hating. I just think there are a few small changes that could make things even better :D

We have a few case reviews coming soon. For the aftermarket 1080s, we can only review them once we have them... Most of them were only announced just over a week ago, and as influential as we are in the space, we don't always get products early.

The support is very much appreciated, and feedback is valued as always :)

39 minutes ago, MobFactory said:

Thanks For the response @nicklmg. Yeah i get what you mean in a lot of the cases (puns yeahhhhh) still i am a huge fan and i watch all the lan shows (not live since they happen at 1:30am here). It is partly the industries fault as improvement slows but i just dont want this channel to turn into another chrispirillo, Soldierknowsbest or Technobuffalo. The latter finally recovered/ing. I really did not expect this topic to pick up like it did. You guys are an awesome video group, just try and find new tech you can review... IK its probably a lot tougher than i think but it'd be great to see a car/connected appliences video. Also biggest suggestion: Ive seen a couple people build their own gaming laptop online. It'd be awesome if you guys could try and build a gaming laptop. Maybe make it a competition between linus and luke (who can build the smallest, most powerful, etc.)

You guys have improved in many ways. Colour grading is far better (it was very flat in 2014). B Roll is awesome and you've done bigger tasks like BYW and the build showdown (not sure how its called)

Thanks again for responding and sorry if it sounded at all like hate, just critiquing an awesome channel.

Totally understand. Sorry if my initial reply came off as a bit snarky, but hey... like I said, we get these threads fairly often, and they tend to be fairly quickly resolved through a bit of conversation.

Quite honestly, when it comes to connected stuff, it's usually a disappointment lol. Either their claims are oversold or the product just generally doesn't do much... It's also a space we're still just scratching the surface of. I know it seems like we should be able to get access to literally whatever products we want nowadays - we have 2.7 million subs, after all - but many "connected" product brands are all about the image, and are looking for certain types of creators (let's call them more "lifestyle" guys/gals) that our team really doesn't fit in with.

Anyway, we appreciate the feedback - certainly didn't take it as hate, I can understand the frustration of feeling like something you enjoy is changing for the worse. I just hope that I was able to provide a bit more insight into why things are the way they are, and why we're going the direction that we are.

I hope we can provide entertaining and informative content to you for years to come :)

At least you guys don't do 12 overview videos on one press conference like other people (i really do appreciate that). Oh and you dont review the youtube share button... You guys could be a really successful reality (actually real though) tv tech channel. You've been doing this with SYW and the build chalenges and the free geek stuff. Its probably, as well as WAN show my favorite kind of content on your channel.

Seriously its hilarious and entertaining.

6 minutes ago, Overkilled said:

I'd personally like more case reviews/overviews

i liked them too. But there is only so much you can say about a case and lets be honest everyone is still using the same cases as years ago (e.g NZXT H440, fractal define r4, or whatever is cheapest and comes with a free psu on amazon in that moment). I wish they'd done a video about HDD's e.g. warning me that the seagate drives break every 2 months. SERIOUSLY I HATE THESE DRIVES. On the otherhand the cheap toshiba drives are a pleasent surprise... They're not the fastest or most reliable, but they're cheap as hell and ive had 2 running 24/7 for 1.5 years and its still fine. All this just IMO

Every once in a while, they do make something that's interesting (8/7 Gamers, 1 CPU, Scrapyard Wars, etc.) but the rest is either acceptable or unpractical. I would LOVE to see more reviews of course, since Linus is the only person who's argumentative, compared to other tech YouTubers.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

In conclusion, Linus Media Group has matured in the content they produce since 2014 (eg. quality, viewer engagement etc.) but that doesn't mean that all their content is well thought out and planned (eg. heating up a slice of pizza with a computer)