Scariest Thing That Happend To You With Your PC?

Jeroen1322

Computer wouldn't turn on 1 morning. This when I was novice and didn't know to instantly check the PSU

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I turn on my PC one morning and it greets me with "system disc not found",  first thing that pops in my head is "Uh oh..", second thing is I haven't backup in a long time, third is "Fffffffff....", Luckily I had burn a CD with a bootable system, I was so relief when I saw my files were still there, the only thing corrupted was the boot files, so I copied all my stuff and formated. Everything worked fine after that.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

My board got shock by ESD and fried one of the PCIe slots. Turn it on, no display. Thought my GPU was dead.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

LED's caught fire. While my PC was on. After that, well. I had to air out my room from smoke for a few hours

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

I was a LAN party and I wanted a break from the multiplayer stuff so I started play Ammesia....I got startled and jumped back and my leg caught the table and almost tipped my tower and several others onto the floor. That scared the living crap out of me in more ways than one

had a psu commit suicide, it wasnt plugged into anything, i was just testing it to see if it was still good. horrible sounds, smoke, bad smell... yeah it was dead...

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

Idiot friend switched my PSU from 240v (which it was running at) to 120v and it blew up, i thought the whole system died luckly only the PSU failed 

this was back when i was still an amateur about PC hw and stuff...   my CPU wont turn on at all and i freaked out bec i thought all my data and saved games are now gone.. then my friend laughed at me bec he said that  the only problem with my CPU  was my $10 generic PSU . lol

I unplugged a calbe from sth. in a 5.25" bay which sit really tight. So i had to force it off and sure enough as soon as it releases i hit my hand against my CPU cooler at full speed. I checked my temps on prime 95 immediatly, nothing had changed. -.-

who cares...

I had a Corsair 600t with a 3960x & 2 way sli gtx 590s. It sat next to my desk and the 600t has a huge vent on the top. I set my glass of water down on the left side of my desk (right above my case) and didn't think it out. My cat knocked the cup over and my heart just stopped as I watched it fall. THANKYFULLY the water flew over the top of my case. Only a couple drops hit the top and wow I was so relieved and scared at same time.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

a beeping sound when i turned the PC on. turned out it was my phone....

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

What screws with me the most... and thank god its seldom happening on old dried up machines and not new ones...

Accidental bending of CPU pins...Talk about anxiety!

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

i opend my bay res and then tilted my pc... water leaked out of the res but my pc still works 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

I removed the Linux partition which removed the GRUB bootloader. It wouldn't boot, so I had to re-install the Windows bootloader and then it worked fine :)

Compatible with Windows 95

1. When building my pc, I was awake for 50 hours already but couldn't wait, so I always had the feeling that I did stuff wrong, but it worked after all :D

2. Except for the fact that the pc wouldn't start the first time... (24pin cable got loose)

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

When changing my case i droped my harddrive but it survived and has had no problems

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

Turned off my computer because I had to leave the house for two days. Came back home and turned it back on.... and it turned on and off every second. on boom off, on boom off, on boom off. So I got all freaked out, opened it back up. reconnected everything from the PSU. and it did the same thing then fully it turned on fully but then it wouldnt POST. So I decided to take the CMOS battery out for 15 minutes and put it back in. then YAYAYA it worked. All my overclock settings are gone though :( I know I have a dying PSU on my hands.. I should order a new one in the next few days.

Motherboard - ASUS P6X58D-E Processor - Intel i7 930 Bloomfield OC'd @ 4.01Ghz, 1.28v | RAM - 12GB Corsair Dominator @ 8-8-8-12, 1600mhz | Graphics Card - EVGA Geforce GTX660 SC 3GB @ +75mhz core, +500mhz mem | Power Supply - Seasonic X650 Gold

CPU Cooler, Fans - Corsair H-90 w/ Noctua FN14 push/pull, Gelid Wings UV Blue  | Case - Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2 |

After building my first computer I tried to install windows and nothing would work. I tried to figure out why it wasn't working for hours on end. It turned out that I forgot to plug the sata cable into the optical drive.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

Once I was testing my graphics card's heat output by having it do some Bitcoin mining, since that is extremely intensive. I decided to go upstairs and do something real quick. When I came back downstairs I was greeted to the smell of melting plastic. Needless to say I rushed over to my pc as fast as I humanly could I turned off the Bitcoin miner. Checked afterburner and my GPU topped at 103C. Luckily nothing was damaged and the graphics card was still in perfect working order with no signs of any defects. Scary stuff.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

my cpu waterblock started leaking onto the videocard, i didn't notice that until BSOD. I washed the pcb with alcohol and the videocard is still working:O

Once I was testing my graphics card's heat output by having it do some Bitcoin mining, since that is extremely intensive. I decided to go upstairs and do something real quick. When I came back downstairs I was greeted to the smell of melting plastic. Needless to say I rushed over to my pc as fast as I humanly could I turned off the Bitcoin miner. Checked afterburner and my GPU topped at 103C. Luckily nothing was damaged and the graphics card was still in perfect working order with no signs of any defects. Scary stuff.

103°C? That pretty damn hot.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

this was back when i was still an amateur about PC hw and stuff...   my CPU wont turn on at all and i freaked out bec i thought all my data and saved games are now gone.. then my friend laughed at me bec he said that  the only problem with my CPU  was my $10 generic PSU . lol

Do you mean computer instead of CPU? CPU = Central Processing Unit = the processor.

103°C? That pretty damn hot.

Yeah I had a freaking heart attack when I smelt the melting plastic. Apparently it had also been running at 103C for almost the entire time I was gone, according to afterburner. Scared the ever-living shit out of me.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole