Scariest Thing That Happend To You With Your PC?

Jeroen1322

HI guys!

What is the scariest thing that happend to you related to your computer?

Mine was when i installed new Nvidia drivers my screens got black and didn't react.. i could have expeted it but still my heart was beating at 1500 bpm and then they 

responded again.

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Phobya UC2-LT leaking [plastic top burst beneath the cover] -> 2x in a row -.- [no damage done though, yay Mayhems]

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Puff of smoke about 2 weeks ago out the back of my PSU :S , for some reason it only took out 2 dimms of my ram so im back to 8gb for now :L

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

When de lidding my cpu (vice method) I was so stupid that I hit my cpu in the direction parallel to the opening of the vice and it fell out pads down on the concrete...it lived though and I successfully delided it after :P

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Uncle tipped a glass of ice water into my top intake fan while it was on, crazy enough it happened like a year ago and that computer is still up and going strong.

Ive plugged in dvd burner for 5 mins?

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

I once broke a PCI slot while installing a GPU, it didn't actually damage it, but it did break some plastic and the sound it made wasn't very pleasant :D

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

i used too long screws in my radiator so i punched a hole in my rad and i was filling the loop and it leaks everywhere

but fixed it really cheap and the pc works after it 

and now i ve got a beast watercooled rig 

things happen you learn from it :P 

This doesn't belong in general discussion and I am sure there are already several posts on this

Wny not where should it be then? Not if Off Topic and i couldn't find any post like these 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Was putting my new H60 in, i pulled my cpu out of the (locked btw) socket when taking the stock cooler off

I'm the Forum Owl

*Who*

I accidentally tried plugging in my front USB connector while my computer was on. 

HUGE flash of sparks and some smoke.

scariest thing ever

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Don't even wanna start talking about losing data and stuff dying :D

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Off topic

Off Topic is for non-tech related content, and this is tech related 

This doesn't belong in general discussion and I am sure there are already several posts on this

The section is proper. This is about technology, and it's a general discussion. So it belongs here.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Was putting my new H60 in, i pulled my cpu out of the (locked btw) socket when taking the stock cooler off

i also did that with older intel cpus and a phenom x6 cpu 

luckely it works after all that

great they use lga sockets these days so it dont happen that often

oh and the second thing: 

i plugged a vga cable in my new 7870 and it short out the grapicscard and it was dead :(

rma`d it and and got a new one 

now ive got 2 7870s watercooled and backplate and its great

if amd makes the drivers some better im happy

oh and the second thing: 

i plugged a vga cable in my new 7870 and it short out the grapicscard and it was dead :(

rma`d it and and got a new one 

now ive got 2 7870s watercooled and backplate and its great

if amd makes the drivers some better im happy

Nice! I'm still using a shitty 640 from Nvidia.. i really have to upgrade xD

my computer cannot reboot from bios, it will keep restarting from there. it scared me. i figured out i just had to turn it off and on again. silly pc's.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Nice! I'm still using a shitty 640 from Nvidia.. i really have to upgrade xD

op tweakers kan je voor weinig wel een leuk kaartje vinden om up te graden ;)

When I built my first PC, I almost shit my pants when I turned it on for the first time.

I built it up, It went good I did some cable management, some hanging wires here and there didn't really care much.

Anyway, I connected everything up and flicked the switch...

BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My PSU made a loud bang and smoke was getting blown out of it at an alarming rate, I immediately turned of the power and unplugged it and then proceeded to change my pants.  It turned out that one of the wires had literally melted and blown the PSU.  That was the last and only time I bought a cheap PSU.  

Thankfully it didn't take any of my other components with it....

Yeh.....

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

When I was a kid the little speaker inside my pc that goes off when something wrong happens just started screaming for no reason. I flipped the hell out.