Scariest Thing That Happend To You With Your PC?

Jeroen1322

>> Forced a mini jack plug into a USB port shorting it out and killing my system. 

I did something about the same, but more dangerous when I was 6 or 7

I had some kind of tv console and I was messing with the cables

Even now I remember how I was changing the ports in the console and pluging the controller in a wall socket till I pluuged the tv out from the console into the same socket which I had the controller. I've seen some huge sparks coming out and some loud noises. Happily I was all right

The only things that were affected were some of the wires from the Tv(the cable company came and replaced them) and my pants

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

I was cleaning the fan on my video card about 5 years ago i forgot to put the screws back in and the heatsink fell off while i was gaming and my computer started smoking.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

The scariest thing that has happened to me on my PC is when I was asked to check out this image on this page and find all the things that were wrong with it. It takes some time to identify everything but there is some really weird stuff in there, make sure you find them.

http://www.matearcade.com/play-8750-Whats%20wrong%20with%20the%20picture.html

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

My first boot...

My pc turned on, fans spinning and leds glowing. Then a click sound and everything went black...

I fucking burned my mobo, an fucking asus Maximus VI extreme :/ But i got a new one for free :D

Asus maximus VI extreme         i7-4770k @4.9ghz       Zotac gtx 770 amp editon @1260/7300 2-way SLI         Kingston HyperX Beast 8gb 2400mhz          Kingston HyperX 240gb SSD           2tb hdd               Nzxt Kraken x60 with noctua high pressure fans (push)        Nzxt phantom 820         XFX proseries black edition 1250w gold plus psu         And a shit load of red led fans :D   

Windows 7 ultimate

The scariest thing that has happened to me on my PC is when I was asked to check out this image on this page and find all the things that were wrong with it. It takes some time to identify everything but there is some really weird stuff in there, make sure you find them.

I know that one.. you almost fooled me! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

That was really weird!

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

I closed that really quick cuz I know what was gonna happen

So you know whats wrong with the picture then, good for you, you must be very good at the details 

Hopefully everyone can find it.

I moved my maximus ii formula to a cosmos ii and it kept going into thermal shut down alto took me 20 mimin to realize it was the heatsink luckily it used the same crapy plastic clips the intell box coolers used. Ididnt realize the one lip for the pin broke

Dropping it, like Skrillex does with bass.

But in all seriousness, this was back in the days when my rig lived in a Cooler Master CM 310 Elite with red trim. Fingers decided to not grip onto the glossy front face and it slipped out of my hands as I reached the bottom of the stairs. Luckily, only one edge hit the ground, but the feels...

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

pulled down the retention lever when my 955 be wasnt in the socket properly thought i broke the pins i just pulled the lever back up and it fell into place and it worked i never checked to see if damage was done i was to scared if i moved it would break.

This doesn't belong in general discussion and I am sure there are already several posts on this

You need to stop saying there are already posts on this. I bet there are, but probably already buried with all the rest of posts.

I accidentaly wiped it while installing linux and lost years of family photos :( my heart still hurts today

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

>> Forced a mini jack plug into a USB port shorting it out and killing my system. 

Remember using a key in a USB slot at school forced the computers to restart for some odd reson :/

or drinks spilled over your keyboard 

oh that is awful happend like 4 times :(

Done that to my G15 and Steelseries and both still work :)

My scariest thing would be my pc randomly turning off then on again (no shutdown sequence), no freaking idea why it does this and I am scared that I may have to buy something new... :(

My Rig:

OS: MSX CPU:Intel i5 4690K RAM: 16GB Averix Core Series  GPU: XFX R9 280X SSD:128GB Crucial M4 Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z97N Wifi Powersupply: Corsair HX750 CPU Cooler: Corsair H60i Case: Corsair 250D Monitors: Asus VE278 and Asus VW202 Keyboard: Steel Series 6G V2 Mouse: CM Sentinel Advanced Audio: Objective 2 ODAC Headphones: Senheiser HD595

Had my screen go completely crazy, jumping up and down whilst in chrome when I left to go grab a drink. 

Panicked for a moment and then realised my headphones where resting on the F11 key, so it was rapidly toggling fullscreen.... Felt a little stupid.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

taking my dads old dell e521 apart and not really knowing what that thing under the huge heatsink with all the pins, and why they were bent. my dad still makes fun of me for that. lol 

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

dafaq what psu ? cheap psu ? 

I dont remember, most very likely! It was a pc that my dad gave us, that he used for work. 10 fps in cs 1.3! About 10 years ago. 

I still remember it! 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Had my screen go completely crazy, jumping up and down whilst in chrome when I left to go grab a drink. 

Panicked for a moment and then realised my headphones where resting on the F11 key, so it was rapidly toggling fullscreen.... Felt a little stupid.

Haha, just pressed F11. That is fun! <3

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Overclocked mem slider too much with my 780 in Prec X and screen had a billion pink lines going nuts. Damn Elpida!

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

Whats wrong with the pictures!Please tell me or PM me about it.

Hearing that "creak" when I lowered the retention bracket arm, but it turned out OK.

My younger brother replaced "msdos.sys" on the old windows 95 machine with a text file (filled with 0s and 1s) saved as "msdos.sys". He thought that was a good idea (after all, all computer programs are just a lot of 0s and 1s, right?) :/

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Back when I was a kid I bought a book about Linux and thought it would be fun to install. I installed it on top of Windows 95 on my parents PC. My mom had to call technical support and have them tell her how to fdisk and repartition it back to FAT to install Windows... that sucked!

I had no idea what an operating system was, I just thought it was cool. This was 1997.

Well, not with my pc, but today I accidently dropped my HTC One. Luckily it fell on it's back and not the screen. It has a dent now in the silver lining which makes me a saaaaad panda.

My fault for not buying a case I guess, but a piece of plastic crap ruins the design. But I guess dents do too.....

I hit a 2007 Vaio so hard that it broke and all my movies were on it.

Whats wrong with the pictures!Please tell me or PM me about it.

You really need to concentrate on it, but worth every minute it takes.

Hmm I guess it's the time when my PSU goes bang. Like a real loud bang.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB