XBOX 1.5 HARDWARE DETAILS LEAKED

El Diablo

DISCLAIMER: Everything in here is my interpretation of the information I found. If I'm wrong, please correct me. 

What is the FCC? I will quote Wikipedia :P

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is an independent agency of the United States government, created by Congressional statute (see 47 U.S.C. § 151 and 47 U.S.C. § 154) to regulate interstate communications by radio, television, wire, satellite, and cable in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and U.S. territories. The FCC works towards six goals in the areas of broadband, competition, the spectrum, the media, public safety and homeland security, and modernizing itself.[4]

Basically every device that includes wireless data transmission technology and that is going to be sold to the public in the US must be approved by the FCC. 

Now to the meat of the thread.

Important!
Microsoft is just testing the wireless chip for FCC approval. (See modular approval request)
The console itself is called the "Host".

Each FCC filing has Exhibits including the label location, test photos, manuals etc...
The applicant can chose to NOT make certain information public by the FCC which mostly includes photos, manuals and drawings of the device. But those documents have a availability date.
This will be important later.

1. Xbox One's wireless chip was approved by the FCC under Model Number 1525 or the FCC ID C3K1525 (C3K is the unique identifier for Microsoft and 1525 the model number)
https://fccid.io/C3K1525 
you can see it's Xbox One:
- by opening the attached user manual for the Host that carries the wireless chip --> https://fccid.io/document.php?id=1994252
- by looking on the bottom of your Xbox One - you will find the FCC ID 1525

2. There are TWO recent filings with model numbers 
1682 --> https://fccid.io/C3K1682
1683 --> https://fccid.io/C3K1683

Not if we check the Exhibits for those two models we can see that model 1683 includes a document named "User Manual 1525" which is not yet available and thus under NDA but the name gives away that this is basically a new Xbox One which will use the safety information manual from the OG Xbox One (https://fccid.io/document.php?id=1994252

untitledumukk.png

--> New Xbox One revision - the NDA expires June 25 which means we will probably see a surprise release during E3

Model 1682 has the same wireless chip tested but the NDA expires late in July 29 and has it's own host manual linked but not the 1525 reference. Also there are quite some more Exhibits available here which makes me think this is the rumored Xbox Next or whatever it is called. 

Also compare the label placements between OG Xbox One and 2 new filings. 

I also tried to compare the test reports but a lot of results are missing in the 1682 model results.

TL;DR: FCC Filings show 2 consoles tested using the same WiFi chip where one is referencing the manual of the Xbox One and the other one not. (+ different expiry dates for attachments)

SORCE : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1206958

SORCE: REDGAMINGTECH - YOUTUBEZ

What u peoples think??

rip night theme users

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Xbox one slim. Meh.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

4 minutes ago, Serin said:

Xbox one slim. Meh.

xbox one "what should have been released in the 1st place instead of a giant box with a giant fan inside"

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

6 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

xbox one "what should have been released in the 1st place instead of a giant box with a giant fan inside"

Well at least Microsoft played it safe

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

Well at least Microsoft played it safe

No, they played it hella dumb. A billion dollar corporation couldnt even afford to hire even an engineering student to design a chasis for them? The ps4 has hotter parts in a smaller chasis and doesn't have heat issues.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Just now, ivan134 said:

No, they played it hella dumb. A billion dollar corporation couldnt even afford to hire even an engineering student to design a chasis for them? The ps4 has hotter parts in a smaller chasis and doesn't have heat issues.

Not really. To be honest, the consoles were designed in about a year and a half. Sure that's enough time to develop a proper cooling system, but to be honest, the Xbox One is different than the PS4. I think it uses a standard 3.5" hard drive for starters, and its Blu-Ray drive is more of a desktop one than laptop?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Another beautifully formatted post by El Diablo

Not if it has a polaris gpu....  14nm vs 16  

The difference between 2 nanometers is negligible and really doesn't matter. You don't measure performance in nm. 

A 32nm FX 6300 is faster than a 14nm Intel Atom x7

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

9 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Not really. To be honest, the consoles were designed in about a year and a half. Sure that's enough time to develop a proper cooling system, but to be honest, the Xbox One is different than the PS4. I think it uses a standard 3.5" hard drive for starters, and its Blu-Ray drive is more of a desktop one than laptop?

So what? What advantage does using desktop parts give them? 1.5 years is not enough time to design a more sensible chasis? Sony did it, so what was stopping MS?

so... do we actually have leaked hardware details, or do we just know they got a new wireless chip?

(which to me sounds like it may as well just be because theres a lot of reports of the xbone's wifi being shyte, and MS wants to fix it.)

All that that information shows is that there is going to be a new wireless chip at some point. It could just be a quiet change to the existing console that no one notices. Like the updated ps4 (CUH-1200 vs CUH-1100) that was just a new power supply and quieter fans.

1 minute ago, Squirrel724 said:

All that that information shows is that there is going to be a new wireless chip at some point. It could just be a quiet change to the existing console that no one notices. Like the updated ps4 (CUH-1200 vs CUH-1100) that was just a new power supply and quieter fans.

i'll just add this: look at OP, remember OP.

31 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

I disagree, PS4 gets hot and also sounds like a jet under load, Xbox is pretty much always quite

3 hours ago, ivan134 said:

The PS4 my not have a lot of overheating issues, but fucking hell does it get loud to manage the heat it has to expel.

3 hours ago, manikyath said:

i'll just add this: look at OP, remember OP.

36 minutes ago, Derangel said:

The PS4 my not have a lot of overheating issues, but fucking hell does it get loud to manage the heat it has to expel.

I want to know what kind of dusty house people live in none of my consoles from either company had heating or noise problems...

1 minute ago, l3igwill said:

I want to know what kind of dusty house people live in none of my consoles from either company had heating or noise problems...

fun story, my wii was getting sluggish as all hell, i popped it open to get the dust out (in reality was harder than "popping open") ended up being dust free, when i put it back together the sluggishness was also gone.

i am now convinced nintendo devices are cooled by voodoo.

38 minutes ago, manikyath said:

fun story, my wii was getting sluggish as all hell, i popped it open to get the dust out (in reality was harder than "popping open") ended up being dust free, when i put it back together the sluggishness was also gone.

You let the demons out.

Just now, Rune said:

You let the demons out.

so now there's room for new demons to cool it properly.

46 minutes ago, manikyath said:

Not this Voodoo? B97IyXV.jpg

4 hours ago, ivan134 said:

The ps4 has hotter parts in a smaller chasis and doesn't have heat issues.

Oh but it has. You can easily Google it. Hell I know 2 people that have/had overheating issues. And they are not alone.

I personally wouldn't mind if it was a bit bigger. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

4 hours ago, Steve.604 said:

I disagree, PS4 gets hot and also sounds like a jet under load, Xbox is pretty much always quite

1 hour ago, Derangel said:

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

Oh but it has. You can easily Google it. Hell I know 2 people that have/had overheating issues. And they are not alone.

Fine. Xbox Juan is still way too big. There are tons of itx cases that fit much beefier hardware that are smaller.

So... where's the hardware details?

6 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Fine. Xbox Juan is still way too big. There are tons of itx cases that fit much beefier hardware that are smaller.

It's not THAT much bigger than the PS4. Bitching about the size of the unit seems like looking for nits to pick to me. It's not the prettiest console, I'll give you that, but only the Wii U is the only good looking of the three consoles.