XBOX 1.5 HARDWARE DETAILS LEAKED

El Diablo
2 minutes ago, Derangel said:

It's not THAT much bigger than the PS4. Bitching about the size of the unit seems like looking for nits to pick to me. It's not the prettiest console, I'll give you that, but only the Wii U is the only good looking of the three consoles.

The WiiU has the best games to me personally, but the PS4 is the best looking to me. Yes, xbox juan is pretty big compared to the ps4 and lots of slim ITX cases. Especially considering how weak its hardware is.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Hardware details leaked? Where?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 hours ago, l3igwill said:

I want to know what kind of dusty house people live in none of my consoles from either company had heating or noise problems...

My PS4 makes a loud noise when playing games, this from the moment I first booted it. When I play games on it, it's louder than my desktop under load. And that thing has WAY more fans creating noise.

My System:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X - CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro H100i Platinum - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F - RAM: Neo 16 GB 3600 Mhz - GPU: 2x Sapphire Vapor X R9 290 OC in crossfire - OS SSD: Samsung Nvme SSD 256 GB Second SSD Samsung 840 Pro 512 GB - Games: RAID 0 3 x Seagate 1 TB HDD - Case: NZXT H710i - PSU: Corsair AX860i
Former Rig Picture: http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/10157-4-pc-may-2014/

Came here to see specs list, leaving disappointed...

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

A new wifi chip = new console confirmed. Wut? 

Modern click bait "journalism" at its finest. 

Next thing you know, I'll light a firecracker in my backyard and a nuclear explosion is confirmed. 

Yeah the "HARDWARE DETAILS LEAKED" are kind of slim here... like none. 

And for the people bitching about the size of the XBox, it's not THAT MUCH bigger than the PS4. I think Microsoft wanted to play it safe this time around after the 360 launch fiasco. If you don't remember, there was a lot of complaints about the console overheating/RROD. You can't be hard with them if they went for durability.

** I personnaly went through 4 PS3. 2 YLOD, 2 BD drives that failed... So yay for durability ! 

Soooooo all this jazz over a new WiFi chip?

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

12 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Not really. To be honest, the consoles were designed in about a year and a half. Sure that's enough time to develop a proper cooling system, but to be honest, the Xbox One is different than the PS4. I think it uses a standard 3.5" hard drive for starters, and its Blu-Ray drive is more of a desktop one than laptop?

No. The xbox one has a 2.5 " hdd and TONS of empty space inside as the bluray drive is actually very small. Significantly smaller than the ps4s. The only reason its so large because they basically have the equivalent of the AMD wraith cooler inside. They did not give any time or thought to cooling once again.

To make it worse the xbox one PSU is OUTSIDE the system as a giant brick. While the ps4 as it internally.

You very clearly made a ton of assumtions withought even bothering to look up a picture of the systems opened. please don't waste peoples time like this.

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

12 hours ago, ivan134 said:

No, they played it hella dumb. A billion dollar corporation couldnt even afford to hire even an engineering student to design a chasis for them? The ps4 has hotter parts in a smaller chasis and doesn't have heat issues.

A swing and a miss. There is a proper cooling system in the Xbox One...it was assumed a lot of users were going to have it stuffed in a closed TV cabinet with little airflow...which turns out is what most people do. Mine is jammed into an enclosed space and has never overheated once. For comparison I used to keep my PC in the same cabinet and after extended gaming it would start to get pretty hot, and that was using a Corsair Air 240.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

10 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

They did not give any time or thought to cooling once again.

You very clearly made a ton of assumtions withought even bothering to look up a picture of the systems opened. please don't waste peoples time like this.

I think you have also clearly made a ton of assumptions as well.

9 minutes ago, Warcony said:

I think you have also clearly made a ton of assumptions as well.

Dropping a giant heatsink on an apu can hardly be called proper cooling. Does it do the job? Sure. But its little effort to do so compared to the ps4 which is able to handle the head of the APU and heat from the psu, all in a smaller design.

But I'm sure you knew that and just wanted to attempt to argue a simple fact.

Edit: And to add; One point doesnt constitute "a ton".

3 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

Dropping a giant heatsink on an apu can hardly be called proper cooling. Does it do the job? Sure. But its little effort to do so compared to the ps4 which is able to handle the head of the APU and heat from the psu, all in a smaller design.

But I'm sure you knew that and just wanted to attempt to argue a simple fact.

If you scroll up, you can see my previous response explaining my logic. Is it possible for the xbox to be in a smaller form factor? Yes. I was not stating that it was impossible or that what they did was a good idea. I was simply stating that you made a big assumption by saying they didn't care about designing a better cooling system.

If they are capable of designing the Surface line I am sure they could do better with the Xbox, but the Surface Pro/Book are high end devices. The Xbox has to hit a low price point, which in Canada for example is the best value for gaming.

14 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Not really. To be honest, the consoles were designed in about a year and a half. Sure that's enough time to develop a proper cooling system, but to be honest, the Xbox One is different than the PS4. I think it uses a standard 3.5" hard drive for starters, and its Blu-Ray drive is more of a desktop one than laptop?

nope, uses a 2.5 inch drive.and the blu-ray drive is bigger but there is a ton of empty space in there.

Case: Thermaltake Versa H35 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x (@4.0Ghz) Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 | MOBO: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3333Mhz | GPU: MSI ARMOR 8GB OC GTX 1070 | Storage: SAMSUNG 970 EVO 250GB, 1TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM | PSU: Corsair CX750M

2 hours ago, Warcony said:

If you scroll up, you can see my previous response explaining my logic. Is it possible for the xbox to be in a smaller form factor? Yes. I was not stating that it was impossible or that what they did was a good idea. I was simply stating that you made a big assumption by saying they didn't care about designing a better cooling system.

If they are capable of designing the Surface line I am sure they could do better with the Xbox, but the Surface Pro/Book are high end devices. The Xbox has to hit a low price point, which in Canada for example is the best value for gaming.

I'll giove you the point about afforability, but looking back at the PS4 it was/is possible to design a good cooler with space saving in mind. Hell they could have done something to take better advantage of all the empty space in there. The system still uses the x-clamp design, which is taken from the 360. And it seriously is basically just an amd wraith cooler. In my assumption, that is little thought and time put into cooling and simply using whats easily available.

Which as you said brings down cost, but as I said the PS4 could manage it so I'm fairly confident the MS can too. 

I don't think this hints to a Xbone.5 like the PS4.5. I think this is just them preparing for the obvious slim version. No fancy power jump or exclusive features - just smaller. First the newest price drop and now new wifi = slim version. This is how it was for the 360 before the Xbone look-a-like version was released (360 N?).

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Can they just kill XB and make a mid-range kind of PC in small form factor with no custom hardware and with W10 with maybe TV console like UI huh?

Sick of terrible ports and everything related to console and porting.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

19 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Not if it has a polaris gpu....  14nm vs 16  

14nm and 16nm are almost identical. 

On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 1:57 AM, ivan134 said:

No, they played it hella dumb. A billion dollar corporation couldnt even afford to hire even an engineering student to design a chasis for them? The ps4 has hotter parts in a smaller chasis and doesn't have heat issues.

I allways found the shitbox andnps..sory ment to say AND ps4 ugly..phonr wont let me delete wat I type

On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 1:59 AM, Kherm said:

Another beautifully formatted post by El Diablo

The difference between 2 nanometers is negligible and really doesn't matter. You don't measure performance in nm. 

A 32nm FX 6300 is faster than a 14nm Intel Atom x7

Its a few billion transistors.. ITs a big difference...paired woth AsynC n all the new geomeTry synths...

On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 8:06 AM, Master Disaster said:

Hardware details leaked? Where?

Coming soon..the nda IS nearly up..didnt u read?

All they realy need to do is remove the ddr3 and e.s ram and stick a blocl of hbm1 on the apu and the ps4 is finished....we all know how apus gain big fps from memory bandwidth overclocks.....  

PS4.5 and Xbox 1.5 are the worst naming schemes I have ever seen. And it just reflects how stupid they were in the first place for not making these 'next gen' consoles more powerful from the get go.

The CPU will suffer with a pure HBM solution. The latencies aren't good for system memory. Then again, the PS4 did manage with pure GDDR5, so maybe it can work. However the limitations with gen 1 HBM would cripple the capacity so that wouldn't be good. So they'd need to think of something else. Bandwidth alone isn't the whole picture. 

Dat bait.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless