Do you guys put your PCs on your desk or below it?

Flight1sim

Floor, since I have a mid tower. If I had a mini ITX system in say a Fractal Design Node 304 then I'd go with it on the desk, but CPUs and GPUs are still too power hungry for me to want to go mini ITX right now.

I leave mine on the floor and the only thing I notice is more dust on the front grille, but I don't really care.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Up the desk.under the desk hot air is assembling and your rig will suck in hot air. The colder the air is 1 trick the right airflow 2 . Up the desk air always bit. Colder then under and less dust. For noise put some rubber under it. Hope this helps

-= Maximus VIII Extreme ||| I7-6700K |||  32Gb DDr4 @2123Mhz ||| Msi RTX 2080Ti =-

I wish I could fit my tower on my desk. Right now it underneath mine, and it seems to just rap heat under there. It makes sitting at my desk to play any games pretty miserable during the summer.

My PC used to sit on my desk until I rearranged my room to place my desk so that I would have a window seat. I now have perfect spacing for an extended mousemat and two monitors with my short mATX case PC sitting on the floor impossible to reach xD

Note that this was before I moved my keyboard to the top of the desk and made an extended mousepad

gallery_112530_3165_956769.jpg

Here's another sexy pic

gallery_112530_3165_1207245.jpg

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

So i was thinking to myself if I wanted to move my PC tower from the floor to my desk.

Is it a bad idea and why? i would love some feedback  B)

It is okay to put it on the floor if it's hardwood.  I use to have my computer on my desk but I wanted more desk room, so I moved my computer to the floor.

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard Ram: Team Zeus Blue 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Display(s): Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX BrownMouse: Razer Deathadder Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit) PC Part Picker URL: http://pcpartpicker....aze101xx/saved/

I have mine on my desk, before I had this desk I had it on the floor with a piece of wood under my PC as my floor is carpet.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

I've tried to put my rig onto a desk, but after that I had to buy a new table.

Ive got a stacker 935, so its on the floor. If i put it on my desk it would be like putting a friggin wall on my desk blocking a significant amount of my view :P

I have no signature

Okay I have been on boating forums too much, I read that as tower on deck or rails..

carpet or dusty floor = desk, elsewhise its your choice

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

I bought a $20 ikea wooden shoe rack to put my R4 on and my shoes underneath. Saved space on my desk, no dust, and my shoes are stored away nicely.

Link to shoerack?

Link to shoerack?

I actually tried finding it but it's not online for some reason. I found it in the shoe area in the ikea walk in place. Take a trip to ikea, it's always fun visiting if you have one in the area.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

i have a mac mini so...

I actually tried finding it but it's not online for some reason. I found it in the shoe area in the ikea walk in place. Take a trip to ikea, it's always fun visiting if you have one in the area.

You must be some sort of masochist...  :P

I have three IKEAs close to where I live, and would consider neither of them fun to visit. Navigating through oblivious non-parenting parents with several rampaging kids age 3-8, as well as middle aged moms and dads with petulant and obnoxious teen girls, while trying to find something you want that will look decent and will not require a doctorate in quantum physics to assemble, is not my idea of fun. Root canal sounds infinitely more inviting, or perhaps having your nails pulled.

Nevertheless, I shall look for it the next time I'm forced to go there, thanks for the tip!

You must be some sort of masochist...  :P

I have three IKEAs close to where I live, and would consider neither of them fun to visit. Navigating through oblivious non-parenting parents with several rampaging kids age 3-8, as well as middle aged moms and dads with petulant and obnoxious teen girls, while trying to find something you want that will look decent and will not require a doctorate in quantum physics to assemble, is not my idea of fun. Root canal sounds infinitely more inviting, or perhaps having your nails pulled.

Nevertheless, I shall look for it the next time I'm forced to go there, thanks for the tip!

I for one enjoy going there just to get an order of meatballs and walking around the displays planning a what if scenario of my new home. Going with friends is also fun. The half an hour drive to me is worth it for some food and laughs.

Go on the weekday nights to avoid the kids and crowds.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Desk currently, but I need to free up some desk space so I'm thinking of moving it to the floor.

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

My desk is huge at home so it's on my desk, when I move into my dorm room it will take its place on the floor behind the tiny desk.

Lord of Helium.

On the desk, love to look at my master piece! Plus it will ALWAYS get dirty under the desk and I think u naturally have a little less regard when u cannot see it which is sad for ur PC!!!

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

before my cases had a window on the floor, now that it does on the desk.

Don't worry if plan A fails, there are 25 more letters in the alphabet.