Do you guys put your PCs on your desk or below it?

Flight1sim

So my setup is really cramped and the keyboard is to the left of me, which is already doing bad for my wrists. Should I keep my PC up on my desk as it has been for a year, or should i put it down on the floor (elevated a bit) to the left of my desk. My house is SUPER dusty, so i would be doing more cleaning if it was on the floor, which would actually be good

I really can't make up my mind :C

Thanks in advance ;D

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

If its a wood floor its ok, but i would advise not putting it on carpet

personally I prefer it on a desk, less likely to get dust, less likely to get kicked or spilled on

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

If its a wood floor its ok, but i would advise not putting it on carpet

personally I prefer it on a desk, less likely to get dust, less likely to get kicked or spilled on

So i've got like a shelf thing 3ft from the left of my desk, i was thinking of putting my pc there, on top of a wooden plank (the plank is painted and smooth, from a shelf) SO it won't be harassed or anything. There is carpet on the floor, but hopefully the wooden thing will keep dust from flying everywhere

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Floor. I put mine on my floor, and the amount of dust in my room (or at least that immediate area) seems to have been reduced greatly. I don't even have my rig elevated, since the feet on my Enthoo Pro are tall enough where I don't have to worry.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I use a pedastal.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

Wow, surprised by the results, thought most people would say keep the pc on the desk!

Finally can get some space for my hands ;D

i have my pc mounted under my desk or plan to have it like that

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

i have my pc mounted under my desk or plan to have it like that

I think i know what you mean, do you mean one of those levitating things that attach to the bottom of the desk? (like from IKEA?)

I can't do that because my desk is made of a kinda weak material

Whæt? ok,

My house is SUPER dusty

No "Would" is valid, FIRST FANFILTERED desktop computer, no matter for your baack and wrists where the pc case is. I recomend you to be patchy, use multiple use parts to position yourself in an ergonomic environment.

Check

I think i know what you mean, do you mean one of those levitating things that attach to the bottom of the desk? (like from IKEA?)

I can't do that because my desk is made of a kinda weak material

let me get you picture one second

here it is

QWXWNxN.png

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

Whæt? ok,

No "Would" is valid, FIRST FANFILTERED desktop computer, no matter for your baack and wrists where the pc case is. I recomend you to be patchy, use multiple use parts to position yourself in an ergonomic environment.

Check

sorry, i don't really understand what you're saying

Well that settles it, already moving my pc :D
Thanks guys, and for the people who voted desk, sorry!

sorry, i don't really understand what you're saying

1st- Main solution for a healthy pc case in a dusty or smokey room is to use fan filters in every place your case lets you.  Place the case anywhere else but the floor,

2nd- Your wrists position does not depend on where your pc case is. There are wires, cables and cords, bluetooth etc, to help you in that concern.

I personally recomend you to be imaginative at the time to set your workspace. Thats why i uysed the word "patchy", fExample: i made a modular construction for my pc case and space where the money is in the hardware and it feels confortable and usefull:

i live in a small town, spiders are friends

this is my patchy workspace for the mom

hope it helped, no need to tell but every ltt member is invited to visit me xD

1st- Main solution for a healthy pc case in a dusty or smokey room is to use fan filters in every place your case lets you.  Place the case anywhere else but the floor,

2nd- Your wrists position does not depend on where your pc case is. There are wires, cables and cords, bluetooth etc, to help you in that concern.

I personally recomend you to be imaginative at the time to set your workspace. Thats why i uysed the word "patchy", fExample: i made a modular construction for my pc case and space where the money is in the hardware and it feels confortable and usefull:

i live in a small town, spiders are friends

this is my patchy workspace for the mom

Oh okay, makes more sense

1. My room is fairly dusty, but i have fan filters and it's off the floor

2. my desk isnt that wide, so i had about 2inches of mouse space and my keyboard was moved all the way to the left and the shelf on the left side of the desk doesnt allow my to move to compensate 

It's all good now tho :D

Put it on the floor and clean it more often, you don't want to risk RSI for the sake of cleaning your rig less often.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

on floor or on desk ?

IT depends on setup. i have my pc on my desk atm but with my old desk/setup i used to have my pc on the floor.
it all comes down down to the space you have I guess :)

As for cooling it's never mad any difference to me if it's on the floor or desk; and in my case it backs no difference to how dusty it gets either 
( i have a carpet floor).

Win 10 Pro 64bit| Intel i5-4670k| Corsair H100i| ASUS Maximus VI GENE| 2x8GB PC3-14900 Corsair Vengeance Pro Red| MSI GeForce GTX 1070 | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro SSD| WD 3TB Red | WD Black 3tb | Corsair Obsidian 350D| Corsair AX760 | Dust |

as long as you are not putting it on a carpet then its fine.

If your floor is carpet like mine, then i'd put something flat underneath it. I have my tower on a piece of wooden board that used to be part of a ikea bookshelf.

as long as you are not putting it on a carpet then its fine.

If your floor is carpet like mine, then i'd put something flat underneath it. I have my tower on a piece of wooden board that used to be part of a ikea bookshelf.

yap already added a box and a slab of wood on top for support

Your health>cleaning

U dont want to get a strain injury or totally not wanna develope a bad habit.

So put it on floor or get yourself a new desk.

My story:

I was using an old ikea desk 60cm long and 40cm wide. Had hard time fitting my monitors on it as there was nk space for anything else. So one day he went to a hardware store that happened to have a wooden desk top double the length and 20cm wider. Fucking WIN! He put it on my old ikea desk, secured it with screws. Added 2 legs to it and now i have so much freaking space i could sleep on it (not really but its pleasing to have extra space).

This costed me £20. To get new ikea desk of that size i would have to pay £90....

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Your health>cleaning

U dont want to get a strain injury or totally not wanna develope a bad habit.

So put it on floor or get yourself a new desk.

I was using an old ikea desk 60cm long and 40cm wide. Had hard time fitting my monitors on it as there was nk space for anything else. So one day he went to a hardware store that happened to have a wooden desk top double the length and 20cm wider. Fucking WIN! He put it on my old ikea desk, secured it with screws. Added 2 legs to it and now i have so much freaking space i could sleep on it (not really but its pleasing to have extra space).

This is where i can scream at my dad, i wanted to get an Ikea Galant back when you could get those, but my dad said no, so now i have to suffer with this POS desk (Search up realspace Magellan)