Intermittent Issue With Monitors

alex75871
Go to solution Solved by alex75871,

Posting the solution here in case someone else has this problem: I disabled the NVIDIA RTX Desktop Manager, and this issue is resolved. I have no idea why this suddenly became an issue. Fortunately, I don't depend on the RTX Desktop Manager for my work, so I can safely disable it.

Hello,

I recently bought two ASUS ProArt PA278CV 27-inch monitors for my workstation, and they are absolutely beautiful to work on. Unfortunately, I have an intermittent issue where one monitor goes blank for 2-3 seconds and then comes back on, as if there is a loose connection. Both monitors exhibit this behavior. Strangely, it almost always happens when I sit down at my workstation, which further suggests a loose connection. I have checked and double-checked the DisplayPort connections, and they seem solid. I cannot find anything in the event viewer to suggest there is a connection issue, although this would probably only tell me if there is an issue with the display driver.

My graphics card is an NVIDIA T600, and I am using the most recent production studio branch driver.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any recommendations on what to try?

Edit: It may also be worth mentioning that I did not have this issue with my previous two monitors, which were ASUS EyeCare models also running on DisplayPort.

Thanks for reading.

Check the cables and maybe replace them with high quality ones.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

Check the cables and maybe replace them with high quality ones.

I am using the cables that came with my ProArt displays. It’s possible that they could both be defective, so I will try replacing them with generics.

1 minute ago, alex75871 said:

I am using the cables that came with my ProArt displays. It’s possible that they could both be defective, so I will try replacing them with generics.

The included cable are garbage most of the time.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Changing the cables did not help. The only clue I have been able to find so far is these errors with nview. I don't understand how changing monitors has caused these issues suddenly.

image.thumb.png.7e9ce91148b2d1610984584635caadc0.png

Posting the solution here in case someone else has this problem: I disabled the NVIDIA RTX Desktop Manager, and this issue is resolved. I have no idea why this suddenly became an issue. Fortunately, I don't depend on the RTX Desktop Manager for my work, so I can safely disable it.