First pc planning help, are my components balanced?

Budget (including currency): $1000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: BG3, Minecraft, Fortnite, and Switch emulation are probably gonna be the hardest tasks this thing will run.

Other details: I already have a 1440p monitor and peripherals. I plan on getting a GPU and other parts used to cut costs. I'm not sure how mobo names work so I'm really not sure if the mobo I've picked is decent

Here's my PCPP list:

[PCPartPicker Part List](https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sXjCh3)

Type|Item|Price

:----|:----|:----

**CPU** | [AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 4.7 GHz 6-Core Processor] | $205.99 @ Amazon

**CPU Cooler** | [Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler] | $17.89 @ Amazon

**Motherboard** | [ASRock A620M Pro RS WiFi Micro ATX AM5 Motherboard] | $175.10 @ MemoryC

**Memory** | [Silicon Power SP032GBLVU560FD2AD 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL46 Memory] | $75.97 @ Amazon

**Storage** | [Crucial P3 Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive] | $69.98 @ Amazon

**Video Card** | [XFX Speedster MERC 319 CORE Radeon RX 6800 XT 16 GB Video Card] | $479.99 @ Amazon

**Case** | [GameMax M60 MicroATX Mid Tower Case] | $42.96 @ Newegg

**Power Supply** | [SeaSonic FOCUS GX 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply] | $84.99 @ Newegg

**Case Fan** | [\*Thermalright TL-C12C X3 66.17 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack] | $11.90 @ Amazon

| **Total** | **$1164.77**

A couple of things I spotted

Mobo: Slightly less money, you wouldn't be able to see the white anyways with your case of choice, and a better chipset

ASRock B650M PG RIPTIDE WIFI Micro ATX AM5 Motherboard (B650M PG RIPTIDE WIFI) - PCPartPicker

Ram: For the amount you save on a better mobo, you can massively cut down on latency and boost your speeds to ones where Ryzen benefits most from

G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL36 Memory (F5-6000J3636F16GX2-RS5K) - PCPartPicker

The rest seems fine. Good luck with your PC build!

A-series chipsets are the most stripped down in features like no overclocking for the CPU, less USB, fewer PCIe lanes, and fewer SATA ports. The E on X-670E and B650E means PCIe 5.0 support on the 16x slot(no benefit right now but futureproofing)

Here is the full article by AMD; just go over to the Specifications Bookmark for the nitty-gritty details.

AMD Socket AM5 Chipset

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nfVTh3

7700x + 6800 + 32gb 6000c32

upgraded the cpu to a 7700x + better board + better rams and now its underbudget (cut cost by 200$ compared to original list)

microcenter 7700x bundle covers the cpu mobo and rams

you shouldnt even be buying a new 6800xt when the 7800xt exists at the same price and the 7800xt is meh value wise, buy a new 6800 or a used 6800xt (may be cheaper than a new 6800)

if you can find a used 6800xt for cheap you might be able to fit a microcenter 7800x3d bundle whilst staying around the 1000$ mark

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

you shouldnt even be buying a new 6800xt when the 7800xt exists at the same price

The 7800XT's performance is, at best, on par with the 6800XT. Unless you want AV1 or have a use for the AI cores, you are better off getting the 6800XT for better fps. Also, OP mentioned he was planning on getting the GPU on the second-hand market.

Finally, the build is MATX, so the board won't fit. I am also assuming OP also has a Microcenter nearby since shipping is not available.

If that is the case, I would get the deal and swap the case with the Inland X1. It comes with 4 Molex fans(not the best for noise and no A-RGB fans, but you could swap out the front 3 anyway) and is a decent case. I got the same exact case, and it is "decent": not ideal if you hate managing cables, but it is a good case for its price.

Inland X1 Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black - Micro Center