Windows Store Games won't have VSync off, SLI/CrossFire, Fullscreen or Modding

MEC-777
1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

iOS App store all these features? I never knew iOS being open and modable.

dont play dumb, you very well know that Apple as an App store for OSX, and you can access their files as you can with whatever you take off of the net or steam or origin, and ingame settings are the exact same as their Steam counterpart

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

10 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

dont play dumb, you very well know that Apple as an App store for OSX, and you can access their files as you can with whatever you take off of the net or steam or origin, and ingame settings are the exact same as their Steam counterpart

The Windows 10 store supports Universal Apps. So the closest store from Apple is from iOS.

People asked for everything to be sandbox as they are tired of all these security leaks being exploited as popular software (like Adobe) dont' give a crap about well coded software and hire security experts. Now, you have a platform for it, and now people complain on how stuff from it is sandboxed.

Remember guys and girls. This is what Valve made the horrible useless SteamOS to compete against.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

The rant is irrelevant, your monitor cant display more than VSYNC, vsync doesnt mean 30fps what ubisoft and EA have been doing, it means it will sync to your screen rate, if you have dual gpu and 120/144hz monitor vsync will cap at 120/144 hz, or 60 if you have 60hz, or 30/24 if you have a crappy old TV.

And mod wise if the feature will be heavily requested microsoft might support it altought i doubt it.

Regardless of what happens in the future windows is near dead platform for me in the future there is no more future to windows.It might have market share and there is no other replacement but regardless i will probably look more at linux i cant find games anymore either, they all suck pay2win or boring 4-5 hours of gameplay overpriced singleplayers.

Im honestly hoping for something new to revolutionize the PC again like vulkan but its too small and hard to code with it to have a big impact sadly :/

7 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

The Windows 10 store supports Universal Apps. So the closest store from Apple is from iOS.

doesn't make one bit of sense. Dumbest comparison ever made, well play.

9 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

People asked for everything to be sandbox as they are tired of all these security leaks being exploited as popular software (like Adobe) dont' give a crap about well coded software and hire security experts. Now, you have a platform for it, and now people complain on how stuff from it is sandboxed.

Who the hell ever asked that?! All the security exploits just show how awful they're kernel is and always will be.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

1 hour ago, Lazmarr said:

This is both untrue and misinformed.

I personally own the Windows 10 version of Tomb Raider and it supports exclusive fullscreen as for Vsync I don't mind as it seems to lock to your monitors refresh rate not a predefined number.

The fullscreen is not 'borderless window' but is in fact exlusive fullscreen. Any windows 10 APPS are given exclusive priority when ran in fullscreen and as such is the same as running a normal game in exclusive fullscreen.

As for SLI and Crossfire, I highly doubt microsoft will not support it as they have invested their time and effort into dx12 which brings greater pergformance and benefit when using crossfire and sli.

I don't know if it is all true or not, hence why I used words like "apparently" and "supposedly". ;) 

Hopefully among the discussions here, some truth can be exposed... 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

This is probably accidental and just an oversight in a Microsoft dev forgetting how exactly Metro apps work. It'll probably be fixed soon enough.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

4 minutes ago, deviant88 said:

The rant is irrelevant, your monitor cant display more than VSYNC, vsync doesnt mean 30fps what ubisoft and EA have been doing, it means it will sync to your screen rate, if you have dual gpu and 120/144hz monitor vsync will cap at 120/144 hz, or 60 if you have 60hz, or 30/24 if you have a crappy old TV.

You are correct, however Vsync introduces unwanted input lag which many people notice and do not want. As PC gamers, many want the choice to run what ever frame rate they desire, regardless of monitor frequency. I run Project Cars without Vsync and at as high a frame rate as I can get for this very reason. With Vsync on, the game feels choppy and there is noticeable input lag. The frequency of my display doesn't matter in this regard. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

19 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

doesn't make one bit of sense. Dumbest comparison ever made, well play.

Who the hell ever asked that?! All the security exploits just show how awful they're kernel is and always will be.

I don't think you understand what you just said.

Just now, GoodBytes said:

I don't think you understand what you just said.

i don't think you even know what you're writing 

2 hours ago, deviant88 said:

And mod wise if the feature will be heavily requested microsoft might support it altought i doubt it.

Regardless of what happens in the future windows is near dead platform for me in the future there is no more future to windows.It might have market share and there is no other replacement but regardless i will probably look more at linux i cant find games anymore either, they all suck pay2win or boring 4-5 hours of gameplay overpriced singleplayers.

Im honestly hoping for something new to revolutionize the PC again like vulkan but its too small and hard to code with it to have a big impact sadly :/

The problem with Vsync is when your pc is hovering around the 60fps and frequenty goes below it.

If you are gaming for example, and your pc fails for whatever reason to get 60fps and only gets 59 at one point, vsync kicks in hard and pushes the fps down all the way to 30fps. While the pc had 59 fps... So if your pc can't keep a solid 60fps and dips below it from time to time, vsync will cause it to go frequently all the way down to 30fps which is horrible!

Anyway, i'm suprised ms managed to make a store that completely fails to compete with what's out there.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 hours ago, deviant88 said:

Meanwhile adaptive vsync and free/gsync exist. I've seen plenty of people say tearing is relatively negligible at these high rates, and personally feel the same(I still prefer having it sync with gsync though). Though if this is true, you don't get to have that choice. So no 90fps if you can't push 144/120, you'll get 72/60.

Yeah, they may reconsider this, seriously. They really should.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Well, its not like i was going to abandon the Steam ship anytime soon. MS always shoots themselves in the foot when it comes to us gamers..

Well , go windows !

amiright ?

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Why is Microsoft so intent on forcing consumers to do things their way? I feel like Microsoft has such a big ego at this point, they feel like they can do whatever they want without consequence.

Ads on the lock screen?

Data-mining built into Windows 10?

A largely restricted app store with no benefits for either consumer or developer?

Forced updates?

These are all short-sighted decisions Microsoft has made that will monetize their platforms in the short term, but drive away consumers long term. Can't wait until Vulkan lets me off this sinking ship of an operating system ecosystem. My programming laptop already runs all the programs I need in Linux, so DirectX 12 is really the only reason I have for staying.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

The only thing that bothers me is the V-sync always on option.

Does that make my $700 G-sync monitor worthless for Windows store games as I'll be stuck in V-sync?

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

The real star of the show here is the total lack of multi GPU support.

I mean, it's not like SLI has been around since 1998, or that CrossFire has been around since 2005.

I mean, why would any single developer with at least one functioning brain cell even want to be in the Windows store right now? 

Ye ole' train

16 minutes ago, CommandMan7 said:

Why is Microsoft so intent on forcing consumers to do things their way? I feel like Microsoft has such a big ego at this point, they feel like they can do whatever they want without consequence.

Ads on the lock screen?

Data-mining built into Windows 10?

A largely restricted app store with no benefits for either consumer or developer?

Forced updates?

These are all short-sighted decisions Microsoft has made that will monetize their platforms in the short term, but drive away consumers long term. Can't wait until Vulkan lets me off this sinking ship of an operating system ecosystem. My programming laptop already runs all the programs I need in Linux, so DirectX 12 is really the only reason I have for staying.

Telemetry data collecting has been there since XP. Ads on lock screen is because you enabled Windows Spotlight, and was mentioned at Microsoft BUILD event, Data mining, which I assume you mean Bing, is on all big search engines, and collect information on what you search. Bing integration was in Windows 8.1, people were fine with it.

Forces update sucks, but as must as Microsoft is tiered to be blamed with mass security issues related to people refusing to update their system. And they are a lot, and many of them are part of attacks it does on the web, as these systems are compromised, and while MS has a malware removal tool it sends through Windows Update, many have Updates disabled.

If you Win10 Pro, you can differ updates by 3 month that is the best you can do.

ahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

I think Vsync disabled is the absolute worst setting.  Screen tearing is atrocious and disgusting.  It is absurd that anyone would have Vsync off, in my opinion.

With that said, I still think it's wrong to force developers to leave the option for Vsync settings out of a game.  If there is one thing that is actually worse than screen tearing is forcing developers to do something because of arbitrary policy.