If your parents take away your phone......they could face up to 6 months in jail!

AlTech
Just now, eLucid said:

@AluminiumTech

1. It's pretty obvious the person received the phone as a gift. Also, if you're still living with your parents, they should be able to do whatever when it comes to discipline.

Spoiled little brats these days, I swear...

If I bought it. You have no right to do anything to it without my explicit spoken and/or written permission.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

-snip-

Yeah exactly. I am aswell paying for my own driving license, from money i made by selling old items, my parents bought for the house... Of course this is a different thing and not property...

Groomlake Authority

Murica just went full retard with this one. What happened to good 'ol spanking?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

and as a reply to RTU's video:

the holy grail, the cell phone? djeez kids these days are really addicted.

i could live without my pc and without my iphone, but i like to have them.

my macbook i have to have because i have a terrible handwriting and i do my school things on there

Just now, suicidalfranco said:

Disciplining your children is now considered "child abuse". And people wonder why children act more and more like savages as time goes by.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

If I bought it. You have no right to do anything to it without my explicit spoken and/or written permission.

Well then you might want to think about moving out from under their roof and living on your own.  Because as long as you live in their house, they will decide the rules.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

their house, their rules. Don't like it? sleep outside. Easy

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

2 minutes ago, ALwin said:

Well you may own the phone, but don't complain if your mom decides to NOT add money to the account.  She paid for the sim card and your privilege of being able to make calls.

lol, my mom is cool. She never takes anything away from me. It helps that I'm a nice person most of the time. But she doesn't believe in confiscating things unless its a huge problem.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

Disciplining your children is now considered "child abuse". And people wonder why children act more and more like savages as time goes by.

I agree entirely, people are so spoiled and coddled now its disgusting

1 minute ago, ALwin said:

Well then you might want to think about moving out from under their roof and living on your own.  Because as long as you live in their house, they will decide the rules.

Exactly!^

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

Every times this kind of story pops up i'm really grateful for being a 90s kid half african, half italian (sicilian roots).

10 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Completely ignoring the point of the article. The person was 12 at the time. How many twelve year olds are able to purchase something with their own money?

Also, how sheltered were you growing up as a child? Christ, you must be living in a dream world...

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

2 minutes ago, ALwin said:

Sorry they don't really. The law does. Welcome to Humanity.

2 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

-snip-

Just wait until you become a parent.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

4 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

That's considered abuse or rape now

2 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

-snip-

I totally agree. I see 7 year olds, smoking and abusing from elder and even teenager people -.-! Back then, when i had 10, there was bullying yeah and i was a victim of it for 6 years, but now its much more horrible. Jesus, they form little groups of gremlins and attack alone people...

Groomlake Authority

9 minutes ago, Pintend said:

How so?

My parents had no problem taking things away from me for a period of time if I did something bad as a child.

Whilst initially I complained even after I got the items back, I look back now with regret and appreciate what my parents were trying to teach me in regards on how to be a decent human being.

I see no problem with a parent trying to teach their children a valuable lesson even if it means taking something they like and cherish away from them for a set period of time.

Thing is that not everyone learns from this kind of lesson. Myself included.

-snip-

Yeah like, might as well just give the child to charity, because his a little monster. Thats like abandoning your child to the wastes, and theyll become much worse in time, and thats how murderers and psycopaths are made. Dude, are you North Korean, @suicidalfranco?

Groomlake Authority

22 minutes ago, mikat said:

my parents took my power cable for my pc, not a big deal, what are these kids on about?

its not stealing if its taken away as a punishment but given back imo.

It was the mothers phone. Divorced family. I agree with the dad about taking it but, if the mother paid for the phone, he really doesn't have the right to take it. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

6 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Yeah, that's your problem not theirs. We live in a world with consequences, it's your parents duty to make you learn those consequences. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they're wrong, it means you need to grow up.

Claiming "I don't learn from this kind of lesson" is complete bullshit. You understand what is trying to be taught, and you're just trying to come up with an excuse to get you out of learning a lesson that you don't like.

9 minutes ago, ALwin said:

Just wait until you become a parent.

I probably won't. But in the off chance that I do. Then I won't take anything away from my children unless they did somethin really messed up. I would simply inform them of their mistake and make sure it didn't happen again.

10 minutes ago, eLucid said:

Completely ignoring the point of the article. The person was 12 at the time. How many twelve year old are able to purchase something with their own money?

Also, how sheltered were you growing up as a child? Christ, you must be living in a dream world...

I lived without a lot of technology or really anything for a long time. I got my first phone (and that was a brick phone) when I was 11 (most people my age got theirs around 8 where I lived). Got my first smartphone at 15 when I paid for it myself (everyone else my age got their first around 3 years before me).

5 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Yeah, that's your problem not theirs. We live in a world with consequences, it's your parents duty to make you learn those consequences. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they're wrong, it means you need to grow up.

I have grown up. I know we live in a world with consequences but real life after living at home with parents, people don't confiscate things. If you give punishment make it something that someone might do in the real world. It's not that I don't like it (I absolutely hate it) but the fact is, it teaches me nothing to take away something from me. It proves to me that, that person is an asshole (whoever takes away anything from me).

7 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

What @Trik'Stari said about consequences. It still teaches you a lesson, even if you don't think so. Believe this happens 2-3 times and next time you about to do some dumb shit you think about it twice, because consequences suck.

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

31 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

If you live in America

LOOL exacly what i expected!

Because where else would this be a thing right?

yay 'murica. And it didn't even require donald trump...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I probably won't. But in the off chance that I do. Then I won't take anything away from my children unless they did somethin really messed up. I would simply inform them of their mistake and make sure it didn't happen again.

I lived without a lot of technology or really anything for a long time. I got my first phone (and that was a brick phone) when I was 11 (most got theirs around 8 where I lived). Got my first smartphone at 15 when I paid for it myself (everyone else got their first around 3 years before me).

I have grown up. I know we live in a world with consequences but real life after living at home with parents, people don't confiscate things. If you give punishment make it something that someone might do in the real world. It's not that I don't like it (I absolutely hate it) but the fact is, it teaches me nothing to take away something from me. It proves to me that, that person is an asshole (whoever takes away anything from me).

If you can't see how that lesson applies to adult life, you are clearly either not an adult, or haven't matured mentally and or emotionally. Shit absolutely does and can get taken away from you as an adult. Don't pay the bills? Lose your possessions, break the law? lose your freedom. Those are things being taken away from you.