If your parents take away your phone......they could face up to 6 months in jail!

AlTech
1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

snip

So what about the government taking away someone's driving permit/license because of their reckless behavior when it comes to driving.  Or revoking a doctor's license to practice if they do something wrong or any other instance where someone of authority revokes another person(s)' privilege as punishment?

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

11 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

I totally agree. I see 7 year olds, smoking and abusing from elder and even teenager people -.-! Back then, when i had 10, there was bullying yeah and i was a victim of it for 6 years, but now its much more horrible. Jesus, they form little groups of gremlins and attack alone people...

I have friends (I know it's hard to believe). We're all under legal age and some of my friends smoke. I don't say anything to anybody about this.

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

What @Trik'Stari said about consequences. It still teaches you a lesson, even if you don't think so. Believe this happens 2-3 times and next time you about to do some dumb shit you think about it twice, because consequences suck.

Not for me they don't. it doesn't stop me doing anything I do.

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Please dont take my phone, I may or may not have *ahem* "things" on it

And its not locked...

Awww. Lol. I have a passcode for this reason . Stop people from getting in my phone. Only I know it although soon i'll tell my mom as a backup.

I don't have anything private on it (except for 1 or 2 or 3 things XD).

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Sounds like a bitty bitchy ex-wife just trying to spite the guy. If I have a daughter and I want to take away her phone... You damn well better believe I will, especially if my name's on it.

That's absolutely what this was. Normal course of events would have been for the father to take the phone, give it to the mother, and tell her what the daughter was doing with it.

Inject a juvenile, vindictive b*tch into the situation, and the police get called, the daughter learns to act like her mother, the father goes to jail, and the tax payer dollars get wasted.

The mother, daughter, and the police in question, all need a date with a belt.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

5 minutes ago, christianled59 said:

It was the mothers phone. Divorced family. I agree with the dad about taking it but, if the mother paid for the phone, he really doesn't have the right to take it. 

Eh, because the parents are divorced, I think the situation is pretty complicated.

Basically, she bought the phone, but he pays for it, and the contract (and thus, probably legal ownership, unless the phone was prepaid, but that's not clear) is in his name.

I think that the father definitely had the right to take the phone, but when the daughter went back to the mother, the father should have handed the device over to the mother (not the daughter). Had the daughter gone back to the father at any point in time, he would still have full right to take the phone while she's staying with him.

The only thing I think the father stepped over bounds with, is not giving the mother the phone once the daughter was back living with her. But honestly from the sounds of it, the mother probably was just going to give the daughter the phone back anyway, letting her get away with bad behaviour - so I definitely see why the father chose not to give it back.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Eh, because the parents are divorced, I think the situation is pretty complicated.

Basically, she bought the phone, but he pays for it, and the contract (and thus, probably legal ownership, unless the phone was prepaid, but that's not clear) is in his name.

I think that the father definitely had the right to take the phone, but when the daughter went back to the mother, the father should have handed the device over to the mother (not the daughter). Had the daughter gone back to the father at any point in time, he would still have full right to take the phone while she's staying with him.

The only thing I think the father stepped over bounds with, is not giving the mother the phone once the daughter was back living with her. But honestly from the sounds of it, the mother probably was just going to give the daughter the phone back anyway, letting her get away with bad behaviour - so I definitely see why the father chose not to give it back.

Sounds like the daughter needs to be taken away from the mother.

2 minutes ago, Stupidtiggers said:

Not in America, and not in my house 

Well I mean go ahead. Hit me, but I'll fight back. you better believe it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

5 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

If you can't see how that lesson applies to adult life, you are clearly either not an adult, or haven't matured mentally and or emotionally. Shit absolutely does and can get taken away from you as an adult. Don't pay the bills? Lose your possessions, break the law? lose your freedom. Those are things being taken away from you.

The OP has already admitted he/she is not an adult.  The mother pays for the prepaid sim card.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

Well I mean go ahead. Hit me, but I'll fight back. you better believe it.

I mean, your not going to spank a 16 year old :P Thats not what I was suggesting 

But if my 5 year old blatantly lies to my face about something there will be repercussions...

Just now, ALwin said:

The OP has already admitted he/she is not an adult.  The mother pays for the prepaid sim card.

Not surprising in the least.

Just now, JoeyDM said:

You sound like you're 12.

I wish we could take bets on when he will end up in the back of a police car.

3 minutes ago, Stupidtiggers said:

I mean, your not going to spank a 16 year old :P Thats not what I was suggesting 

But if my 5 year old blatantly lies to my face about something there will be repercussions...

No, if I had a teenage kid that was breaking the rules in my house, he would be kicked out. I wouldn't waste my time spanking him.  His options would be either start following the rules of the house or find his own place to live, paid for with his own money.

In this case, I'm not taking confiscating anything that belongs to him.  He's just being removed from something that belongs to me.

3 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I have friends (I know it's hard to believe). We're all under legal age and some of my friends smoke. I don't say anything to anybody about this.

Awww. Lol. I have a passcode for this reason . Stop people from getting in my phone. Only I know it although soon i'll tell my mom as a backup.

I don't have anything private on it (except for 1 or 2 or 3 things XD).

Do you have behavioral problems? I mean, you're basically saying "If someone punishes me, I won't learn the lesson". I don't see how you could know that it wouldn't work, given that you said your parents don't do that sort of punishment?

As stated above, that does reflect the real world. Drive drunk? They take your car. Abuse your kids? They take your kids. Don't pay your mortgage? They take your house. Kill someone? They take your freedom.

What this does is teach consequences. If you do something bad, you'll lose something you like (temporarily). Misbehave, and your TV might get taken away, or your game console (if you had one), etc.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

I doubt he will. Just sounds like a spoiled child with very little discipline. 

Just now, ALwin said:

No, if I had a teenage kid that was breaking the rules in my house, he would be kicked out. I wouldn't waste my time spanking him.  His options would be either start following the rules of the house or find his own place to live, paid for with his own money.

Belt first. If he refuses to learn his lesson, then kick him out and see how long it takes him to learn.

9 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

That's what I was thinking as a child, It doesn't stopping you per se, but you then the consequences come and you wish you didn't do that. Rinse and repeat until you'll learn your lesson. Don't get me wrong I wasn't perfect as a child, hell I probably never will be as anybody else. Sure you get pissed and think it's a bullsh*t, but as you mature you start to see that your parents was right about all the stuff.

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

Im gonna place a LTT edition noctua on 17

*if your ex wife is married to a police officer *if your ex wife is a spiteful idiot

32 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I completely agree with the ex wife. Don't take a possession of mine. Cos I don't learn my lesson. I'll be even more pissed off and worse off than before. My mom would never dare take anything away from me. My dad is different, he has authority and he would do it. He's never taken away my phone but he has taken away my PC before.

Honestly if someone including my dad took my PC or any of my possessions ever again, then I would call the police (obviously not for small stuff but I mean a laptop or technological items). Taking things from Children or anyone is wrong because  they don't learn their lesson that way. Just tell them it was wrong and tell them how to be a better person and do it the right way.

http://mashable.com/2016/01/27/dad-confiscates-iphone-misdemeanor/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-tech-link#LNkIXBoBUkqT

Tell me, whose "possession" is the food you eat? Children don't personally pay for most of the things they benefit from. Who pays for your internet connection? It is completely within the father's right to punish you by temporarily (or hell, even permanently) take away a device they feel you are abusing. If the kid doesn't learn, tough shit, next time they'll take the device for twice as long. Even if you paid for the device itself (which the girl didn't) and if taking it away was illegal, would you much prefer it if they blocked your sim and changed the wifi password?

I love how you refer to your parent's decisions with the word "dare". What, are you some sort of royalty in your home? Do you get insulting paesants decapitated? These people gave you life and 99.9999% of the privileges you've had up to this point and most likely worked their ass off for you. Have some respect.

I'm sure most parents do tell their kids why you don't do stuff, the thing is they hardly ever listen and only start giving a damn when you take stuff from them. If this girl was planning to harass another kid, don't you think at some point in her life someone told her harassing people is wrong and why? But of course she didn't care until she realized there are consequences to her actions. That's the whole point of punishments, teaching the concept of consequence.

Go ahead and call the police, without getting a police officer laid I doubt you'll get any results.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

10 minutes ago, ALwin said:

So what about the government taking away someone's driving permit/license because of their reckless behavior when it comes to driving.  Or revoking a doctor's license to practice if they do something wrong or any other instance where someone of authority revokes another person(s)' privilege as punishment?

Doing something like using phone badly != Punishing someone by removing phone.

3 minutes ago, ALwin said:

Pretty damn close to it. I look like one physically (cos i'm that tall). And I'm a he . I behave like an adult a lot of the time.  Unless someone pissed me off. The I might over react.

2 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Never. And that children is why we never do gambling.  Because you might lose big time.

Belt first. If he refuses to learn his lesson, then kick him out and see how long it takes him to learn.

Well, I'm pretty sure there are legitimate laws against that as long as the kid is a minor :P

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'm not much into child abuse.  Someone who is 16 years old should have more reasoning ability than a 5 year old.

Just now, Sauron said:

Well, I'm pretty sure there are legitimate laws against that as long as the kid is a minor :P

There's always military school or boarding school (what the OP needs)

44 minutes ago, Sidiox said:

This specific case is a bit weird tho. I believe he kept it for an oddly long time, even after the girl went back to her mother (parents were divorced I believe).

I think that as a parent you should be allowed to take away something even if your kid has bought it, but there are limits. I'd grab my kids phone too if they were bullying someone (as it seems that this girl was doing). 

Just because a kid bought it doesn't mean they are entitled to use it whenever and for whatever reason they want. If any item is misused it should be taken away. 

man fuck that kid!

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"